It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Is Dragged From Hospital And Dies Shortly After In Jail For Not Being Able To Walk (VIDEO)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Well, not that we're perfect here, but I guess that happens more in a country where health care is not regarded as a right.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This makes me both very sad and very angry!! There is no excuse for this happening. Hell, around here they won't allow you to leave until all kinds of tests are taken.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I work in Health Care in the USA and I even know it is Screwed UP!! They dont run enough diagnostic test to even check the patient. This is the saddest issue and I only hope that someone is suing the Hospital for Neglect of Standard of Care! I hope the family of this female seeks JUSTICE!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Ah, the joys of unrestrained capitalism. This is not an isolated tragedy at all. I hope all of you "I got mine, go die" rightwingers eat major crow.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
How sad for her and her family. To think she lost her home in a tornado, then her children, then her life. This sort of thing could happen to anyone. People are so quick to judge.

Being poor in America is turning out to be a death sentence for more and more people everyday.

omg I had not read this part... how utterly tragic.

And the last sentence... is very true!

edit on 28/3/2012 by Thurisaz because: edit quote

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Poor baby was only 29 years old. so sad.

I know not all hospitals are like this, I recently had to rush my daughter to the emergency room and I am very happy and satisfied with the promptness of their treatment and the care they gave. There is good and bad people everywhere.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This is the level of treatment we can all expect once government mandated insurance kicks in.
Hospitals will be overwhelmed with new patients and care will be rationed.

"You've already used up both your annual visits, come back next year when you're eligible".
Welcome to the future.

Sad, sad case. Poor woman.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsJUSTzo
this happend 4 months ago? where is her justice? why arent people going insane like the travon martin case? (rightfully so)

That is what is niggling at me...has been since I first read it. This happened 4 months ago... why has it just hit the news now??

I drove by a news stand today and it was some BS Trivial sports caption... and I thought, why aren't they putting the real issues in mainstream news?

even the thread I read earlier about the gas issue in the North Sea... we are not being told important things...and when we are told...it is when media choose to? I am not sure but this is so despicable.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

God I really hate u.s. culture.
This young woman could have been anyone's daughter,
mother, sister. . .
American Lives being rated according to income, status ? ?

Dignity is only for the famous or those with bank accounts ? ?

That is a sick culture.

A basic caste-system , disposable subjects, drones.

U.S. needs a Doctor like Ron Paul; but the
insane are ruling the asylum.

Seems that the priority is not it's people,
the priority is to make ememies :
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has blasted US Republican
presidential contender Mitt Romney for saying
Russia is the United States' "number one geopolitical foe,"
advising him to "use his head.”

*face-palm and then some*

edit on 29/3/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

So what do you want? Do you want hospitals only to be for people with private insurance?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Anna Brown may you rest still in the arms of a loving God - one whom you can Trust to take care of your Soul.

Anna Brown died because of negligence, apathy and a lack of intelligent and sensitive people in positions of authority. On this planet we are in abject need of a global experience that will jolt people back into their Conscience.

What has happened here is unforgiveable. I am numb and wondering what next do I have to read about - I could not watch the video clip as I knew it would upset me. For those of us who are Awake and Aware we need to be stronger for having shared the final chapter in the life of Anna Brown.

Much Peace...to Anna and her family...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackthorne
my father was a surgeon. he would be enraged at the state of american medicine today! this should not happen in a "modern", first world country. you definitely will not see this in a european hospital!

You are totally wrong

The problem is, that medic care is "profit" driven. The word "proift" with "medic care" should be enough to enrage any human being.

European nations have followed US and China's lead, and have made everything "for profit". For this reason, health care here is as bad, or worse, than in the US. Unlike the US, European hospitals (and other large facilities) were originally built with tax payers money. Then, all this property just "magically" turned into private property. And now, because of US influence ... we have to pay rent, for what we built with our money.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Originally posted by itsJUSTzo
this happend 4 months ago? where is her justice? why arent people going insane like the travon martin case? (rightfully so)

That is what is niggling at me...has been since I first read it. This happened 4 months ago... why has it just hit the news now??

I drove by a news stand today and it was some BS Trivial sports caption... and I thought, why aren't they putting the real issues in mainstream news?

even the thread I read earlier about the gas issue in the North Sea... we are not being told important things...and when we are told...it is when media choose to? I am not sure but this is so despicable.

This niggles me as well.... I'd rather see 50 threads about this than that zimmerman/trayvon case

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5

Anna Brown may you rest still in the arms of a loving God - one whom you can Trust to take care of your Soul.

Anna Brown died because of negligence, apathy and a lack of intelligent and sensitive people in positions of authority. On this planet we are in abject need of a global experience that will jolt people back into their Conscience.

What has happened here is unforgiveable. I am numb and wondering what next do I have to read about - I could not watch the video clip as I knew it would upset me. For those of us who are Awake and Aware we need to be stronger for having shared the final chapter in the life of Anna Brown.

Much Peace...to Anna and her family...

The same loving god that let her suffer, be jailed and die on the cold cement? The same loving god that created the universe in which Cheney gets a brand new heart thus extending a life of pure evil?

That same loving God?

I think I'll take the hating God. Maybe it's been opposite day in heaven for a long time.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I am not going to get into the religious aspect of your post but I just want to commend you on an exellent and apt response. You said many things that I thought and yet could not adequatey convey

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
This is the level of treatment we can all expect once government mandated insurance kicks in.
Hospitals will be overwhelmed with new patients and care will be rationed.

"You've already used up both your annual visits, come back next year when you're eligible".
Welcome to the future.

Sad, sad case. Poor woman.

your statement, I'm afraid doesn't even make sense!!!

why would the hospitals be overwhelmed???

maybe because people who so far have been left out of the loop will finally have a way into the loop....

and for the most part, who are those people who are now the m ost out of the loop??
it not the people who are so drug/achohol addicted that they couldn't work an 8 hour shift...
it's not the single moms who stay at home and raise their babies....
it's not the elderly who are too old to work...
it's not the children' who are too young to work.....

no, the people who are out of the loop now are people who are in income producing households!!
their income just isn't enough to be able to afford insane insurance payments topped off with insane medical bills!!!

there is already rationing going on in the system!!
society just thought it too cruel to let nature take it's natural course and let the burden fall on the poor, the elderly (who really shouldn't be included since they spent their lifetimes working and paying into a social security fund!! ) and children!! so well, they let it fall onto the backs of the lower wage workers instead!!
that way there isn't any way one can define one group that is being screwed, it kind of hits in a mish mash way.....but it does hit.....it hit taxpayers, who, well, are paying taxes, which are going to pay for the poor, pay for the childrens, pay for the disabled heathcare....
a service that if they have to gain, well it will cause endless phones calls from bill collectors, lawsuits, and possibly bankruptcy!!!

obamacare isn't the answer, I will give you t hat.....but that doesn't mean an answer should be found!!

the constitution does not give the gov't the power to decide who is worthy of life and who isn't like that!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by itsJUSTzo

Wait, she was a black woman arrested by 2 white cops who let her die in a cell without adequate medical attention. Wheres Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the outrage from the community? Oh, never mind, there wasnt enough media coverage to garner their interest.
Thats blatant medical malpractice and maybe negligent homicide. Guess she didnt have insurance or enough money for the doctors to care about her. Truly disgusting.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
the reason this happened is because she is poor and homeless...thus, no one in the hospital cared enough to give her the proper testing she needed. if she was wealthy, she would still be alive today. why is this so hard to understand in this day and age. this isn't going to be the last time this happens, wait till the republicans start dismantling the rest of health care. the carcasses will start piling up.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If she had no insurance they don't give a crap! If you have money then they will do every single test you have.

I was recently in a car accident that was head on. I have no personal insurance just the PIP that the state of Florida requires...Well nobody will take my PIP, the insurance I pay MONTHLY for. I was complaining of my knee and neck bothering my over and over. They didn't once X-Ray my knee, neck or arm (which was swollen twice it's size in my forearm area). THey only X-Rayed my stomach. I guarantee if I had insurance I would have had more tests done but I know the hospital they took me too turns away those without insurance unless you are brought in via ambulance and I was. I had gone to this same hospital years ago when I was having a severe reaction to a German Shepherd. I was swollen all over and had bumps from the reaction. They would not see me unless I had 400 bucks up front. I could have gone into some kind of shock and died but they only cared about money..

I am always afraid to go to the doctor because they don't do crap if you aren't covered. They don't care, all they want is money. So if you are uninsured you will probably die if you need any kind of help.

This story is sad. She KNEW something wasn't right and they did nothing! This is horrible. People should get the care the deserve regardless of money.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Exactly. I know what you speak of personally. I am not paralyzed. Yet. But my spine still hurts. Our healthcare system is a joke because its run by big business rather than people that actually care about our health. Healthcare should have been free a long time ago in America. Maybe we would have focused less on other countries and not ended up in this mess we are in now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join