It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Is Dragged From Hospital And Dies Shortly After In Jail For Not Being Able To Walk (VIDEO)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I felt nauseated reading this....what has happened to her is absolutely appalling.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This is just awful but I'm not surprised that MSM is just now covering this story. It doesn't really fit into their agenda. Sad but true. Healthcare in this country is an absolute joke.
edit on 28-3-2012 by lindsay1984 because: typo

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I see.My goodness.Almost unimaginable here in South Africa,i mean,i live a few miles ouside a SMALL town,and we have an adequate State hospital here.Also a small Medi-Clinic,for those with Medical Insurance.In life-threatening emergencies in this country,like a road accident resulting from police chasing suspects,the government pays for chopper rescue flights for CRIMINALS,who are then kept under police guard in PRIVATE HOSPITALS.At the taxpayer's expense.Also for people with Medical Insurance,in most cases you would have to have this covered as an extra on your insurance.For a baby or kiddy,im sure they will even do rescue/mercy flights for the uninsured,from a State hospital here,to the nearest other State hospital thats better equipped.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

It is the same here.

No one is ever refused life-saving service due to inability to pay. In fact, it is illegal to do such a thing. Sure, our hospitals are mostly large private corporation owned, but they are highly regulated, and there is adequate healthcare available within minutes anywhere in the country. This was a tragic occurence, but it wasn't due to money, insurance, or lack of available care.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Since a lot of people resist arrest and make excuses, they just assumed she was too.

Big mistake.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i read about this case, supposedly they did lots of tests on her and could not find the blood clot or anything wrong with her. the hospital and cops thought she was looking to get pain pills medication, they also suspected she was mentally ill/druggie. it is very sad but unfortunately the hospitals and cops have to deal w actual druggies crazies looking for pills/drugs so much that they just figured she was another hype, it didnt help that she was acting all ghetto and according to the hospital staff/cops she was extremely disrespectful. if all this is true i ask what are the doctors supposed to do when all the tests come back inconclusive and you have a disgruntled person acting crazy and screaming and yelling in a disrespectful manner? i do feel very bad for this lady, and i am very sad that the doctors couldnt find out the problem through the tests.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
**sitting in stunned silence** I wonder if the hospital did an ultrasound or a venography or ANYTHING? Leg pain and swelling should ALWAYS be checked for aDVT, regardless of age.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Raxoxane

It is the same here.

No one is ever refused life-saving service due to inability to pay. In fact, it is illegal to do such a thing.

Of course if you have anything terminal, that is a completely different story. People in prison
get treatment for cancer, but an idiot who works hard for his family but cannot earn enough
to afford insurance is screwed.
edit on 28-3-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

No one is ever refused life-saving service due to inability to pay. In fact, it is illegal to do such a thing. Sure, our hospitals are mostly large private corporation owned, but they are highly regulated, and there is adequate healthcare available within minutes anywhere in the country. This was a tragic occurence, but it wasn't due to money, insurance, or lack of available care.

Depends on your definition of "life-saving service". Had she had private insurance, she would have at the least been kept overnight for observation. Instead she was on Medicare and given the minimal level of care and then told to leave the hospital.

This was AFTER she had already gotten a prescription for pain-killers, so if the cops/doctor were so convinced that was what motivated her behavior, then why would they think she was sticking around? Medicare for the homeless is bare minimum health care. It's almost a joke. Granted, it's better than nothing. All that right-wing chatter about how great the homeless have it with their "free medical coverage" should sit down and read about this case.

reply to post by jonnywhite

Since a lot of people resist arrest and make excuses, they just assumed she was too.

Big mistake.

I assume you meant it was a big mistake on the authorities part, yes? Obviously she was too incapacitated to comply.

reply to post by braindeadconservatives

Of course if you have anything terminal, that is a completely different story. People in prison
get treatment for cancer, but an idiot who works hard for his family but cannot earn enough
to afford insurance is screwed.

I wouldn't consider prison health care adequate. But if we are going to detain someone, then we must provide health care. If a private citizen is working hard and still cannot earn enough to afford insurance, then welcome to the health care debate. This is the number one reason for the passage of the Health Care Affordability Act, currently under attack in the Supreme Court.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
How sad for her and her family. To think she lost her home in a tornado, then her children, then her life. This sort of thing could happen to anyone. People are so quick to judge.

This sort of thing happened to my husband. He had a seizure and died on the way to the hospital. They revived him. He broke both his knee caps and several bones in his feet during his seizure but they would give him anything for the pain because he has long hair and tattoos so they thought he was a druggie. To top it off when he came out of his coma, he went from a respirator in the CCU unit to being released in less than 48 hours. Happened right after they found out we didn't have insurance.

Being poor in America is turning out to be a death sentence for more and more people everyday.

and i actually cried. Im really sorry for what you had to go through.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
RIP Anne Brown
Rest now, we know your story and we will not let you die in vain.

I tell you right now, if I had been working there that night, it would have gone differently. I'm in medicine and I have seen bad doctors, let me tell you....stuff that would turn your hair white. There is also a HUGE drug seeking problem in the ER's and sadly, people like sweet Anne, get shoved in with the rest. Just comes down to complacency and burn out. However, anyone that has seen someone suffering from blood clots knows that the pain is unbearable. Always tore my heart out, they just yell and yell....so freakin sad.
They should have treated her for clots even though there wasn't any seen, it was obvious what was wrong with her.
Shame on you doc.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
**sitting in stunned silence** I wonder if the hospital did an ultrasound or a venography or ANYTHING? Leg pain and swelling should ALWAYS be checked for aDVT, regardless of age.

Instead of sitting in stunned silence, perhaps you should read the article linked in the OP. It would very adequately provide you with answers to your questions. Yes, they did an ultrasound. It came back inconclusive. As a few other posters have stated, this simply comes down to another incredibly shameful case of a misidentified "pill popper," who actually had a severe medical condition. Quite embarrassing, actually. My heart goes out to the victim's loved ones, even though they didn't seem to care for her much either. It's sad state we live in.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I don't know why I hit play on the video. Those.... painful moments were the last moments of her LIFE because NOBODY cared enough....

And why the # didn't the police AT LEAST lay her on the bed? She died on a CONCRETE FLOOR....

Nobody cares... It's just about a paycheck..

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

An EPIC FAIL on the part of American health care, and an epic fail on the part of the police.

This happened SIX MONTHS ago and it's just now reaching the MSM? This country is morally dead inside.

Mo. woman dies in jail after hospital arrest
Anna Brown sits in back of Richmond Heights Police car
Anna Brown sits on the floor and does not want to leave St. Mary's Health Center
Anna Brown dies in Richmond Heights jail

My God that poor woman, she obviously couldn't go any further after they turned her down!!!!!!!

And that EPIC FAIL IS UNDERSCORED TO INFINITY AND BEYOND.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is heart breaking. A truely sad state. But then again, what do you really expect from the them. It's always most important to treat those that have health care so they sucker them for more money. The longer you wait, the more they can charge. But this poor woman, she did not deserve this. Yes, she was angry, yes she was rude, but can you blame her, really? I would be pissed too if the doctors didn't believe I was in a great deal of pain. I would raise hell too. She was trying to get the proper treatment. That is all. And now look at her. Six feet under. What a crock. I hope the faimily sues the hospital, and the police. Not that it will help her now. But maybe raise awareness. When you take the oath, it is for life. Not until you get a better offer. And that goes for both the hospital and the police. What ever happened to your heart?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Combative? Have you ever been in excruciating pain and at the end of your ropes and had people do what you couldn't have happen. I would have been yelling at them too because my life was at stake.

And the list of blame goes FIRST WITH THE GOVERNMENT< OUR PAID MINION EMPLOYEES, then with the police and hospital equally, and last with any people barely surviving in this obscenely run country and abusive twisted criminal world. THE PEOPLE ARE SAINTS!!!!!! THEY ROCK!!!!!
edit on 28-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Right.. Once she lost hope, her body lost fight...

May she have the best now..

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Unreal... The final appalling act was to just lay her on the concrete floor. Then that cop says "just shut the door." She couldn't even die on a crappy jail mattress.

To keep it civil, those cops deserve jail time at the very least. I sure don't feel very civil after watching that inhumane display we see all too much with these animals with badges. Maybe the hospital was negligent in some way but those cops are just pure evil for dumping her like that.
edit on 28-3-2012 by TruckDriver69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Although I'm not responding I feel the need to post for a 3rd time...

This woman died because she was stereotyped (not racially), just as thousands of people are. They assumed she was a druggie so they turned her away. Why? Because she was homeless maybe????

This is the saddest thing I've read in a while, and I read some sad #. Do you think the cops did anything other than wash their hands? Probably didn't even blink when they heard she died. Doctor probably didn't even give a #, then, an hour later the woman he had arrested is being wheeled back in, in a body bag, going to the basement... damn man...

All the while we're busy clucking like chickens debating over who's more discriminated against, black or white. We're so divided we don't even look out for our fellow man. She's not the only one, I'm 100% sure.

We gotta do better...
edit on 28-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
[Of course, a large amount of blame falls on the woman herself. If she wasn't combative, and cursing at the people trying to help her, maybe she would have gotten more help. If she hadn't let herself fall so far in mental and physical health, maybe she would have been taken seriously. If she hadn't burned all of her previous bridges, and been left entirely destitute, where even her own family was refusing to help her, them maybe she wouldn't be dead. These things don't happen overnight, it takes a lifetime of screwups to find one's self in this situation.

'If she wasn't combative, cursing at the people trying to help her...' Who exactly are you talking about? I didn't see anyone try to help. I just saw everyone assuming she was faking. "If she hadn't let herself fall so far in mental and physical health....' ????!!!!

What? Excuse me. Did you know this woman? Did you know anything about her? 'Burned her bridges?'

WTF ????

What exactly is your problem? Who died and made you the judge of the world???

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join