It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Pronounce Your Member Name?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
O.k, I have some form of crazy because I like to read members names, and some are seriously difficult, or Im sure have a great story behind them. So since I cant figure many of them out, I thought Id ask members that are fully aware that their names are "cryptic" to at least give a clue to what they are.

BTW, I know that this is common, I listen to the ATS show, and they give shout outs, and sometimes the studio can figure it out either.

So come on guys, my name is pretty simple, but sometimes I really just sit here trying to figure it out

Thanks, NRE.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

x ee uh

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Mine is easy: it is Little Dee. I feel ya though! Some of the member names with numbers in place of letters and such give me a really hard time. I think you have to be smart phone shorthand savey to understand a lot of them. And if I don't have my glasses on forget it!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

See, now if you would have asked what I thought it was I would have said "littled" 16.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
lol...nice idea and sometimes needed.. cool little thread

Ex tray lee un

It's abreviated for extraterestrial alien...

Reason being that we call many things alien, including each other on our own planet.. so I decided to make this name to show the difference between an alien species on Earth in comparison to one from another planet...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This is my second web wide username since i found my 13yr old using my first all over the net because, "It's a cool name, Dad, and I thought you wouldn't mind." So I thought long and hard about a name that would reflect who I am and my online personality and honestly I love my new name (well not new anymore, 2 years or so.)

The pronunciation, if you haven't figured it out, is "incinerator", and I'll leave it up to you to interpret the many meanings, lol
edit on 28-3-2012 by nS1NR8r because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
When I joined ATS, I asked my son (who was 7 at the time) what my name should be.

He came up with beezzer. Even spelled it for me.

edit on 28-3-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I think my member name is self-explanatory, but I got it from an old Simpson's episode in which there was an accident at the Springfield nuclear power plant, and Mr. Burns went on TV to calm people down.

He said it wasn't an nuclear accident, it was "merely a little unrequested fission surplus".

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Lull zuh roo nee
Though I think you probably figured that out

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm all in! Poker term for pushing all your money in the pot.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Necromancer

it originated from my gaming days when that was all i would play in EQ and WOW and D&D just sort of stuck. I did have to stop using the shortened version necro because inevitably people would take it to a perverted place.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Like "Jerry's envy"...that is how it should sound!

Nice idea for a thread OP!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Sk-A-Da (Sk - Long A - Da) Got it from a book, Sister Light, Sister Dark. Me and my adaptive twin (not real family) would always joke that I was the dark one and she was the light.

In the Netherlands it means "danger". In the above book, it means "shadow".

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

good lord...this is why i hate doing a chatroom shout out on the live show...
i cant pronounce most of the member's names
as yall know

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I hope this helps

We always laugh in the chatroom when someones name is said wrong
but we never blame you some of the names are really hard to understand.

Peace, NRE.:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by greeneyedleo

We always laugh in the chatroom when someones name is said wrong

Peace, NRE.:

Hold on....what.....say that again? .... LMAO! I know NRE, sometimes it's hilarious, but my heart bleeds for them cause some of the user names are quite out there! The first shoutout's I was called "Tortoise - K - Week"

Just to clarify, it's pronounced "Tortoise - Kweek", the Kweek part being like quick, bad add a few extra "i"s... if that helps.

edit on 28-3-2012 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
my member? how naughty. I guess it's the same.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

FORMe2p00p0n = FOR Me 2 p00p 0n

I like this name because:

* Its sort of cryptic at first glance.

* I love how people are completly discusted about natural things humans do, like PooPin! (vomiting literally crackes me up EVERY time).

* the $#!+ that spews from my mind is like a lifetime case of exploding mental diarrhea (50% of the time when I go to post on ATS, I will type out page after page of mental diarrhea regarding a topic.... re-read it 2 or 3 times to give it better flow and correct typo's.... then just delete it and never post it, because I figure no one will care anyway).

.....which i almost just did again.... instead, I deleted 6 other bullet points

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Mine is obvious, Sunflower Star, but it is the name of a rare Amish quilt block. I made this quilt while sitting days and nights before my grandmother's passing. I fitted the needle and she pulled the thread through 4 stiches, just so she would have a hand in making this quilt. I was able to get the top finished this past winter.

edit on 28-3-2012 by SunflowerStar because: pic

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

My member's name is.....

Oh, you meant my ATS member name...

GAZZ (like in Jazz) ROCK (like in Rock, for Rock Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join