It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stronger Booms Heard In Clintonville

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Copying what I posted on the other thread linked above:

Maybe it's mines that don't yet have permits, blasting at night? But then you would think they would have stopped. And I thought I read that there were no mines in the area. This article from March 7th states that there are many new sand mines awaiting permit, though. Maybe the frack boom has people working overtime (night)..

Kennan Wood, executive director of the Wisconsin Mining Association, says there are about 60 frack sand mines currently operating in Wisconsin and 40 more in the process of gaining permits.

“Sand mining is having a big impact on the state, especially in the rural areas. These mines encompass [anywhere from] three- to four-man small operations to big industrial mines that extract a million or more tons annually,” Kennan told Environment & Climate News.

Wisconsin DNR

Also, an afterthought, and completely just speculation/conspiratorial theory, but perhaps they are working on a new mine and don't want residents to know because of how much opposition the expansion of the sand mine industry has gotten there over the last year. I'm not saying they went into blasting with the intention of keeping a secret, but maybe they didn't expect anyone to notice the sounds.

Now that people have noticed the sounds, maybe they would rather people think it's earthquakes than get more public attention on the mining controversy there. Especially since this went national. If it's connected to the yellow water, sulfur smell, and dead fish, they would have even more reason to keep quiet. I mean that's a pretty substantial increase in mines, adding 40 to 60. If they are responsible for the water and fish, I would imagine they are scrambling to hide it from environmental groups.

They also requested DNR regulate silica as a toxic air pollutant. The petition was very sophisticated, clearly having required environmental experts and lawyers to draft, said Manley.

“I realized then that frack sand mines were up against very strong opposition. The DNR denied the petition last month, but I just learned today [Feb. 27] that the group is now asking the federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to establish a national ambient air quality standard for silica,” Manley reported.

Anti-natural gas groups are continuing their campaign at the state level, too. “There is land use legislation currently in the Wisconsin legislature [to impose new restrictions]. There is also a rare butterfly on the Endangered Species List that the environmentalists are using to try and shut down frack sand mining operations. In addition, there have been a series of moratoriums enacted by several local governments to prohibit frack sand mining,” said Manley.

I really didn't realize how much was going on against the mines.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by calendula
Yes, people may not be able to hear the rumbling as well during the day, but surely they'd still notice the shaking if it were occuring in the daytime hours?

As for audio:

edit on 28-3-2012 by calendula because: Trying to get this video on here.
thanks for the vid but be sure to skip to 3;40 or so this guy rambles to much.it drove me nuts waiting for him to play the sound.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyray

Agreed...underground explosions. Building more secret underground facilities in preparation for depopulation of the world. All "false flags" scenario had been put in place so its just a question of time when they will start it. Booms were also heard in Israel and as far as Amman. The authorities in Israel said they were clearing mines. It could also be the earth's crust loosening itself from all the heat bearing in mind the shifting of Earth's pole. We can only speculate as we no longer know what is coming with all the secrecy prevailing today. Try to find out and post....you may save a lot of lives or at least let the masses get prepared.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Have you read up on the 1700's quakes ?
What most are describing here seems eerily akin to the reports of those times.....
Booms and land movement, minor liquefaction etc..all being 'inland' precursors to a subduction event on the cascadia fault line.

Ro

edit on 29-3-2012 by Rosha because: typo

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
This is from 2011, closest mines listed as of then are too far for blasting. Montello heard booms too, 80 miles south, two different quakes? I still wonder if the mining itself could be having an effect.

Most of the mining operations have sprung up over the past three years, stirring concerns about the effects on land and groundwater and health impacts on nearby residents.

article
edit on 3/29/2012 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ

Also, an afterthought, and completely just speculation/conspiratorial theory, but perhaps they are working on a new mine and don't want residents to know because of how much opposition the expansion of the sand mine industry has gotten there over the last year. I'm not saying they went into blasting with the intention of keeping a secret, but maybe they didn't expect anyone to notice the sounds.

This seems highly unlikely to me. While yes, there are people opposed to mining around here, there are many more in my opinion who want job creation. I don't think they would go to those lengths to conceal mining operations.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Being the fact that a police man steered someone studying it there to an area where there were booms I think he may have heard something there himself. It would be ignorant to discard the perception of hundreds of people just because there is no scientific evidence. When the power goes out at my house I call the neighbors to see if their power is out also. There have been times that five or more of us have been out of power for many hours and nobody called the power company thinking everyone else did. Once I called the power company after two hours and they said they hadn't received a call yet, a hundred people were without power. Why would everyone who heard the booms have called the police, the police have been informed by credible people of the community, does everyone have to call it in? All you would get is a busy signal and people with real emergencies would not get the police if they needed them or 911 would be tied up and an ambulance would not get to an emergency. Why does a person have to record it? So someone can call their recording a fake. Upper levels of Society have been conditioned to only believe those with certification and everyone is aware of this fact. A regular persons perception is tossed to the wind. I wouldn't even bother calling it in myself.

I've seen peoples reputation smeared because they saw a Cougar or mountain lion in the Upper Peninsula years ago. Now all of a sudden they are everywhere after the DNR received evidence that they accepted as real. The cougars have been here for a long time, most of those reports were real.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The people in this town are not questioning the existence of these sounds, they are trying to figure out what is causing these sounds. Being that these sounds mostly seem to be originating outside of the house, it may have something to do with the storm sewers also, I wonder if they checked those. If the ground is settling or rising it may be causing the storm sewers to crack with a loud boom. Maybe someone made one of those Tesla resonators they read about on the net. www.erowid.org... Hooking it to a storm sewer and seeing what chaos comes from it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by slanteye

Agreed...underground explosions. Building more secret underground facilities in preparation for depopulation of the world. All "false flags" scenario had been put in place so its just a question of time when they will start it. Booms were also heard in Israel and as far as Amman. The authorities in Israel said they were clearing mines. It could also be the earth's crust loosening itself from all the heat bearing in mind the shifting of Earth's pole. We can only speculate as we no longer know what is coming with all the secrecy prevailing today. Try to find out and post....you may save a lot of lives or at least let the masses get prepared.

That's the second or third reference regarding Israel and booms. I'd liken it to prob the test runs for bombs or clearing imho. Ill check it out for sure. thanks.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha

Have you read up on the 1700's quakes ?
What most are describing here seems eerily akin to the reports of those times.....
Booms and land movement, minor liquefaction etc..all being 'inland' precursors to a subduction event on the cascadia fault line.

Ro

edit on 29-3-2012 by Rosha because: typo

1700s quakes? Where? In the local area? Please toss out a few suggestions for readings, Id love to try to unearth some first hand accounts from back in the day. thanks!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Being the fact that a police man steered someone studying it there to an area where there were booms I think he may have heard something there himself. It would be ignorant to discard the perception of hundreds of people just because there is no scientific evidence. When the power goes out at my house I call the neighbors to see if their power is out also. There have been times that five or more of us have been out of power for many hours and nobody called the power company thinking everyone else did. Once I called the power company after two hours and they said they hadn't received a call yet, a hundred people were without power. Why would everyone who heard the booms have called the police, the police have been informed by credible people of the community, does everyone have to call it in? All you would get is a busy signal and people with real emergencies would not get the police if they needed them or 911 would be tied up and an ambulance would not get to an emergency. Why does a person have to record it? So someone can call their recording a fake. Upper levels of Society have been conditioned to only believe those with certification and everyone is aware of this fact. A regular persons perception is tossed to the wind. I wouldn't even bother calling it in myself.

I've seen peoples reputation smeared because they saw a Cougar or mountain lion in the Upper Peninsula years ago. Now all of a sudden they are everywhere after the DNR received evidence that they accepted as real. The cougars have been here for a long time, most of those reports were real.

In Libertyville, Il a few years ago someone called the police regarding a cougar... no one believed him, then another, still no one believed them both... then they found tracks in a backyard. Guess they finally caught it and it was tagged, had migrated from waaaayy the hell out west. True story. That pics or it didnt happen stuff gets old once in a while, not everyone is a hoaxer. I feel ya.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

If storm sewers were cracking. . . wouldnt there be residual water issues, damages elsewhere besides people's foundations? Care to elaborate a little bit more?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by calendula

This seems highly unlikely to me. While yes, there are people opposed to mining around here, there are many more in my opinion who want job creation. I don't think they would go to those lengths to conceal mining operations.

Yeah, just speculating, especially since I've been told that companies are buying up land faster than people can keep track. I spend a lot of time/summers there camping, so I've spoke to some people that live there year round. They seem to really be questioning the official report, which I don't blame them since the town jumped the gun to say it wasn't a quake in the first place.

Other reports around the world that are similar have ended up reporting it was some random people blasting with dynamite. Aside from blasting, could the mining itself be having an effect on the land? If it's just crust adjusting, I'd be asking why this is the first time it's been felt.

If it's simply a microquake, I wonder how far are those usually felt from the epicenter. Montello is 80 miles away, since they say these are hardly ever felt, the fact that it was felt that far away, too, seems kind of weird. Especially since not everyone in Clintonville felt/heard it, only portions of the town, but a town that far away did.

Lots of people are talking about volcanoes and the geological history there, I wouldn't totally discount it even though it's far-fetched. If it wasn't for this boom thing I wouldn't have seen the information on the Mexico cornfield volcano, such a crazy story I don't really know what to think after that... But if a volcano can come up that quickly, then I guess it makes "the ground adjusting" explanation seem a lot more reasonable.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I was searching for 1700s quakes and came across an article ... haven't heard this yet, rumors of a local fault line?

There has not been this much shaking under Wisconsin since the May 6, 1947, earthquake recorded just south of Milwaukee near the Lake Michigan shore. Some Waupaca County residents want to pin last week's small earthquake in Clintonville on a local legend: the so-called Pigeon River fault. It allegedly is beneath the southeast side of the city and said to be the cause of tremors on more than one occasion in the last century. State and federal geologists say they do not have any records of such a fault. But that doesn't mean it does not exist.

article

Also that it's just an effect of our area's formation..

Whether it was one or two miles deep in the bedrock, or a shallower disturbance several hundred feet deep, postglacial rebounding played a role, according to David Hart, a geophysicist at the Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey. "Earthquakes in Illinois, Wisconsin and the Upper Midwest usually are attributed to glacial rebound," Hart said.

"That is the only thing moving our crust around to give us an earthquake." Even so, earthquakes in Wisconsin are rare, with a dozen minor ones recorded in the last century.

The Tuesday morning shake might have been the largest of last week's swarm, but Caruso and others are continuing to review data to see if other small tremors might have been recorded, he said.

Other areas with booms accompanying quakes..

Loud bangs accompanied a 1.3-magnitude earthquake in March of last year at Moodus, Conn. Such booms occurring with low-level quakes around Seneca Lake in the Catskill Mountains of New York are known as "Seneca guns."

Location of seismic readers..

There are two permanent seismometers in Wisconsin. One is northeast of Phelps in Vilas County and a second is near Linden in Iowa County.

But the USGS has deployed an array of portable seismometers, stretching from the northern border to the southern boundary, to better understand background levels of seismic waves, Caruso said. This array is picked up and moved a few times each year.

One of the seismometers in this array currently is roughly between the two permanent stations - 15 miles southeast of Clintonville, Caruso said. Recorded seismic activity on the portable unit confirmed the Clintonville earthquake.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

CHECK THE LONGITUDE/LATITUDE. Light bulb just went off. Just joined this group tonight. I had been researching the Clintonville "Booms" as a concerned citizen living just 100 miles DUE south of them. I had kept writing it like that because both Clintonville and my city, Watertown (both in Wisconsin) are on almost the exact same line. -88.761292 and -88.736572 respectively.

This past Monday, just two blocks away from me, a school's tiles blew off the floor and yesterday the principal said she was standing there and the floor cracked right under her feet. They have NOT cancelled school. They have no clue what caused it. The building inspector was staring down at that floor with such a confused look on his face; they've ruled out everything similar to the list Clintonville went through.

Now reading above post I check other geographic locations where others are experiencing sulfur smells, shaking, booms, etc. Space J you say you live in central Illinois and smelled suflur; I bet your at about the same ley line. And guess what else is? NEW MADRID. 87 degrees 37W. Chicago is at 89 degrees 31 W. 2 different ways of measuring longitude but you can see it's a straight line. I bet all the way down is experiencing "something". You don't need a fancy degree at the end of your name to see what is going on - ticking time bomb - NOW!

I am Dhyan11:11

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I live on the Wisconsin,Minnesota border i hope they look deeply into this id like to know myself causing these booming sounds seems weird to me that they haven't come to a decision on whats going on in these this places and does sound like a ticking time bomb..peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join