It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Skeptic Tells His Oogie-Boogie Story

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackHill

What other thing could possibly make sense? You was suddenly immobilized, more than 20 'children' like humanois coming from a garage and then a complete loss of time. Oh, and BTW, a friend who suffered the same encounter too describing almost exactly the same details.

What 'invisible force' could put you both at the same time on the ground?

What sense does it make that at the same time 20 children come out from at the middle of the night from a garage where a old couple without any children was living?

What could explain a sudden loss of time on two same individuals at the same time?

Of course, if you take any of these events individually you could come with some explanations like 'well somehow both of us fell to the ground because we were running fast, maybe sufferend allucinations because of that, could explain the 'children' vision, somehow both shared the same allucinations...' etc etc... does that make any sense?

I defy you to try finding alternative explanations. Please try and share with us.

I will be the first to admit that I don't have a better explanation. This was one of the primary motivations I had in posting the story on ATS. The question was asked of me, if I was aware of the similarities of my story to abduction accounts, and I wanted to respond that, yes, I was aware but the typical explanations for these accounts are not satisfying to me. I mean no disrespect, but I would be lying if I professed to be a believer (although I do have a print of Fox Mulder's "I want to Believe" poster somewhere in storage). Certainly, it is possible that I was abducted and studied by beings from another planet, but I am not ready to make that leap.

You asked me to offer alternative explanations and I can offer a few, since I have been trying to find one that is "acceptable" for well over 15 years.

Maybe the cigarettes we were smoking earlier in the evening (because we were "rebels") were laced with some kind of drug. Maybe there was a gas leak (although I know for a fact that the neighborhood does not have natural gas lines and houses utilize underground tanks)? It is possible that we suffered some kind of food poisoning. Hell, I have even entertained the possibility that the Fairies of lore are actually real and exist in some kind of parallel dimension that modern physics is simply not aware of yet.

Long story short, I don't know what happened. And I am sitting here biting my nails (15 years later) because I decided to post the story on this forum. It seems, from my time on ATS, that I would have far more support if I simply told the story and attributed it as another abduction, but that would be disrespectful to myself and this community.

Instead, I wrote the OP and I took care in selecting the title. Because I am a skeptic (or a pragmatic rationalist, as stated earlier), I decided to simply lay my cards on the table and let others make of the story what they will.

Sure, it could be aliens. But I am certainly not making that assertion.

edit on 28-3-2012 by LordOfArcadia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If that story is not made up, if it is a true occurrence. You were abducted by greys and that is the cover dream reality they left you with, and though this seems to be over people's heads and unpopular, it is the truth of the situation.

Even if you see a ufo, a real one, and they let you do that, far more has happened than your "sighting".

I recommend deep regression, the kind that Dolores Cannon does, or the Life Before Life kind where you get pass the subconscious and all the programs. Too many programs interfere with this kind of memories.
edit on 28-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
So, you never talked to Jeff about what happened that night?

So, how can you be sure he has the same memories that you have? Maybe he has a completely different memory from the facts of that night...

didn't you read he said years later he talked to jeff about it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I'm sort of got the same problem. I have starkly detailed memories of generally similar occurrences which I eventually put in the category of hypnogogic/hypnopompic dream disorder which I DO have.

As the years went by, I found out that at least two of my brothers also had recollections of *somewhat* similar things, and I'm pretty sure the other one does too, since I can spook him pretty badly by telling it as a campfire story, to the point he leaves and won't discuss why.

Did it only happen to you the one time? I wish I could say the same.

edit to add: I did something like brother Todd Bedlam does when I first saw "Communion", had to change the channel about halfway in, which ended up with me having to tell Lady Bedlam why after hours of wheedling and mockery. Sad, innit?
edit on 29-3-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I'm also generally a skeptic about things, as my posting history should bear out, but I too have had a few interesting experiences over the years that make me wonder. The first, when I was very young, was seeing a UFO. What was most odd about it, I remember the proportions of the thing being almost cartoonish exaggerations of what a UFO should look like. It was metallic, but the shape was so just kind of wrong that even as a little kid I remember doubting what I was seeing as I saw it. I was at my uncle's home when this happened and I called my dad, grandfather and uncle over to see it as well, but when they came around the side of the house to look it was gone (assuming it was ever even there). My dad remembers that part of the incident, that I called everyone over to see the thing, but of course he didn't see anything in the sky. I wasn't given to making things up like that, so he's always given me the benefit of the doubt that I at least thought I saw something.
edit on 3/29/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/29/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I have heard this story before. It is so familiar it is not funny.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DonaldD
I have heard this story before. It is so familiar it is not funny.

Strange, because I also have the same feeling that I have already heard or read a very similar story in the past...

I'm not sure when and where, but I have a strong feeling this story is not new to me, and I have seen this exactly same story before...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordOfArcadia
reply to post by ImaFungi

I believe in Occam's Razor and it seems that there is a simpler explanation, even if I am not smart enough to see it.

There is a fundamental problem with the Occam's Razor principle: the simpler explanation is not always the true explanation.

For the ancient peoples, the simpler explanation was: the Earth is flat, and the Sun revolves around the flat Earth.

The Earth being a giant sphere that revolves around the Sun was not the simpler explanation. But it was the truth.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LordOfArcadia

Best resource I know of to deal with such experiences:

alienresistance.org...

Guy Malone.

Has helped and/or has reports on 400 cases of people with such abduction experiences.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LordOfArcadia

Some degree of healthy skepticism is helpful in life.

Willful blindness rarely is.

Given all the data points of your experience that are quite congruent with known types of events . . .

it seems more than hazardous to me to maintain such a death grip on such a high degree of skepticism about your experiences 15 years ago.

Sounds like (without counting them) there's a dozen to 2 dozen data points in common with many such narratives.

One can PRETEND that a rose is not a rose is not a rose

is not a rose
is not a rose
is not a rose
is not a rose
is NOT a rose!

for 15 years . . .

Doesn't change the rose.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think hypnosis should be the best option to seek the truth in this case.

Hypnosis is a proven science.

And the memories seems to be false memories... Hypnosis may help to find the real memories.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Yeah, for what it's worth, it sounds like a pretty strong cover memory for an "alien" abduction. Somebody like Budd Hopkins would have a field day with you, although regressive hypnosis is certainly no guarantee that you'd discover what actually happened. (Which would be that a UFO flew over, a bunch of grey aliens grabbed you, you were examined, and then placed back in the field with your memories altered.)

Your story has many of the typical elements of a wiped alien abduction. Good luck!

LordOfArcadia, your story rings true for me, and actually brought a few memories of my own to recollection when I read your account. Also, I have to agree with Blue Shift, this is almost certainly a "cover memory" placed in your minds after an abduction experience.
I myself have never seen anything like you describe, but that doesn't mean what you remember seeing was not real. If you have read me, I too have had some experiences that border on the supernatural, and have experienced ET Beings for most of my life.
However, when I talk about these things, I tend to get labels, so be careful of whom you tell. I will be surprised if some good meaning religious type doesn't tell you is was demons.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

And the memories seems to be false memories... Hypnosis may help to find the real memories.

Hypnosis may or may not be useful for this sort of thing. My dad has been a hypnotist for 35 years and he's not certain it really works for bringing old memories to the surface. It's just as likely to open one up to creating new or false memories of an event he thinks.

Yes, hypnotism is real, but no it may not always be a good tool for finding the truth of such matters.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

reply to post by ImaFungi

I believe in Occam's Razor and it seems that there is a simpler explanation, even if I am not smart enough to see it.

There is a fundamental problem with the Occam's Razor principle: the simpler explanation is not always the true explanation.

For the ancient peoples, the simpler explanation was: the Earth is flat, and the Sun revolves around the flat Earth.

The Earth being a giant sphere that revolves around the Sun was not the simpler explanation. But it was the truth.

Thank you! Occam's Razor never really made sense to me for this very reason. I guess it was too simple an explanation

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
OP, have you, since this incident, ever tried hallucinogens? If so, were the experiences vastly different?

I'm by no means just writing this off as drugs. Just asking questions

edit on 29-3-2012 by WordsAreAvenues because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2012 by WordsAreAvenues because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Well, I don't know about that. Hypnosis can be an interesting tool, but it also has the problem of possibly creating a lot of false data. That's because hypnosis gets you to respond to suggestions, and it doesn't draw on an empty board. You fill in any gaps using your unconscious mind, your conscious mind, and your imagination. Now that the OP has gone to a place like this website and has been provided with possibly explanations including an alien abduction, it would be easy for him to incorporate standard alien abduction motifs into his hypnosis session. Not on purpose, but just because it's available to him.

Hypnosis has some very severe limitations, and I don't know if it would be all that helpful.

Could be aliens. But it could also be a shared twisted memory/dream of a TV show or movie, or something about a (German) circus with a lot of midgets tumbling out of a little car, or something like that. Who knows?

I would suggest he go back and visit the "scene of the crime" at approximately the same time of day and year to see if it triggers any additional memories, and then afterwards (to avoid further contamination) contact his friend again to discuss details.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
I will be surprised if some good meaning religious type doesn't tell you is was demons.

They could be right. "Demons" was usually the word used to describe the critters associated with these kinds of encounters since the beginning of time. The biggest annoyance is the later association with Christianity and labeling these things as "evil." Demons have been around a lot longer than Jesus, and most accounts describe them being neutral or benign, and not inherently evil, but still potentially dangerous.

This story is the Rip van Winkle story, without the massive time dilation. Rip van Winkle sees a crow (cover image) that turns out to be a little man, who he follows to see a bunch of "elves" with odd faces and clothes -- Dutch, not German -- playing ninepins in a clearing in the woods. He drinks with them a bit, falls asleep, and when he wakes up it's 20 years later; he's an old man and all his friends and most of his family are gone. This story has the same odd encounter with a lot of strange little Dutch or German people involved in some kind of activity, and the falling asleep.

I guess the OP can count himself lucky that he didn't wake up in 2012. Literally, anyway. He may be figuratively waking up now.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I have had some really really weird things happen to me in my life that I can’t explain in a satisfactory manner.

I am not going to tell you any of the stories that have happened to only me because, while I don’t think it is the case, there is always the possibility that I am simply bat quano crazy. I might be so freaking insane that my memories are complete bunk and my mind has somehow created these vivid memories. Obviously I don't think this is the case, but rationalization is one of humanity's greatest skills.

So no, the story I am going to tell is one where there was another eye witness.

That's always the sort of thing that bothers me. Did I watch something on TV or a movie that I don't consciously recall, and incorporate it into a hypnopompic dream sequence? It's also possible that even if someone else has some recollection that seems similar, they might also have seen the same show and mixed it into their story the way you think you might have. On one hand, you've got this very intense, detailed memory, on the other hand it doesn't make sense. Then, later, you see something on TV that looks, at least here and there, enough like what you saw to bring it all back with a bang. Worse, you buy one of his books to see what else is in there, and he's got more stuff that in places is again, exactly what you recall. In others, not. But the parts that match are so outlandish and non-TV that it's hard to fathom why that common theme.

One of my first detailed memories as a child of about five is meeting the "little blue doctors". Not ET looking grey aliens, more like short, stocky, three-fat-fingers-and-a-thumb, not quite human faced guys wearing what I saw as monks' robes, about five feet tall. I remember them smiling. You couldn't be afraid of them. I remember one showing me this thing like a funny shaped flashlight that he used to open up the wall, which we walked through instead of going through the house. I remember stopping halfway through to see what was inside a wall, and being amused that someone had written something on a two by four with a pencil. There was a classroom set up outside in the yard with seats and something like a plasma screen, and the other kids from the next farms over were there. We watched movies with really odd animation that went back and forth between live action and something like really detailed cartoons, sometimes with us in them here and there. The movie would change to fit what you expected to see at times. This happened several times. I don't recall ever asking the other kids if they remembered it too, but sometimes you would hear them mention things we had seen.

I still have memories/dreams about the little guys coming to visit me now and then even as an adult. But then, after the service I had intense memories/dreams about dead people coming to visit at night too, so I generally discount it all. I did find it bizarre that blue doctors popped up in Communion (he got it pretty *ing close, too), and the theme of "night school" in his books.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackHill

What other thing could possibly make sense? You was suddenly immobilized, more than 20 'children' like humanois coming from a garage and then a complete loss of time. Oh, and BTW, a friend who suffered the same encounter too describing almost exactly the same details.

What 'invisible force' could put you both at the same time on the ground?

What sense does it make that at the same time 20 children come out from at the middle of the night from a garage where a old couple without any children was living?

What could explain a sudden loss of time on two same individuals at the same time?

Of course, if you take any of these events individually you could come with some explanations like 'well somehow both of us fell to the ground because we were running fast, maybe sufferend allucinations because of that, could explain the 'children' vision, somehow both shared the same allucinations...' etc etc... does that make any sense?

I defy you to try finding alternative explanations. Please try and share with us.

I will be the first to admit that I don't have a better explanation. This was one of the primary motivations I had in posting the story on ATS. The question was asked of me, if I was aware of the similarities of my story to abduction accounts, and I wanted to respond that, yes, I was aware but the typical explanations for these accounts are not satisfying to me. I mean no disrespect, but I would be lying if I professed to be a believer (although I do have a print of Fox Mulder's "I want to Believe" poster somewhere in storage). Certainly, it is possible that I was abducted and studied by beings from another planet, but I am not ready to make that leap.

You asked me to offer alternative explanations and I can offer a few, since I have been trying to find one that is "acceptable" for well over 15 years.

Maybe the cigarettes we were smoking earlier in the evening (because we were "rebels") were laced with some kind of drug. Maybe there was a gas leak (although I know for a fact that the neighborhood does not have natural gas lines and houses utilize underground tanks)? It is possible that we suffered some kind of food poisoning. Hell, I have even entertained the possibility that the Fairies of lore are actually real and exist in some kind of parallel dimension that modern physics is simply not aware of yet.

Long story short, I don't know what happened. And I am sitting here biting my nails (15 years later) because I decided to post the story on this forum. It seems, from my time on ATS, that I would have far more support if I simply told the story and attributed it as another abduction, but that would be disrespectful to myself and this community.

Instead, I wrote the OP and I took care in selecting the title. Because I am a skeptic (or a pragmatic rationalist, as stated earlier), I decided to simply lay my cards on the table and let others make of the story what they will.

Sure, it could be aliens. But I am certainly not making that assertion.

edit on 28-3-2012 by LordOfArcadia because: (no reason given)

Simple question, what kind of poison, drug or whatever can make two people allucinate about the same bizarre and specific thing at the same time?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JackHill

That's the point!

It's impossible that TWO different people have the SAME hallucination, or the same dream, at the same time.

So, there is no way it was a dream, or drugs, or mushrooms, or inhaled swamp gas.

Not even '___' could make the two boys have the SAME "trip".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join