It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Rep pulled from House floor for Trayvon hoodie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Let's please stay neutral, government.

Agreed, this whole "I'm a black man before I'm a congressman" thing doesn't make me feel any better about him. Congress is full of biased, greedy whackjobs already, we don't need to add racial bias into the mix. He took an oath to this country and I expect him to honor it before any black pride issues.

Then again, this whole thing is basically "reality TV", so who cares anyways.

Originally posted by xstealth
This idiot, RUSH, is obviously making a racial statement, and he should resign.

Also agreed, I don't want to live in a country with leaders that become emotionally compromised or bribed by the MSM (or whoever) and make stupid decisions based on their race. No doubt the guy got a nice check for making a scene with his hoody.

This isn't high school and these people shouldn't act like idiots.

Originally posted by FearEater
Again, what is so special about this death?

People are profiting from it.

reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I don't think the 2nd amendment is being attacked in order to protect us from ourselves, that is what's a bit naive IMO. You really think these people have our interests in mind?

It's obvious why the federal government doesn't want us to have weapons. The same freaking reason as it has been throughout the history of human civilization, an unarmed society is a defenseless one against tyranny.

The danger isn't the immediate ban of firearms, it's the slow ousting of them through legislation and profiling. Different approach, same end, harder to see coming and fight against. The same slow, subtle approach the US government uses in just about everything in order to avoid dissent against it.
edit on 28-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
A stunt is a stunt not matter what color an politician is.Everyone is gonna be trying to use this to get re-elected until the next bandwagon comes around.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I wonder if he would've been allowed to stay if the hoodie told the truth...

"If you ask what I'm doing, I'll assault you and try to take your gun to shoot you, but you cant shoot me in self defense because that's racist"

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This whole thing has become such a media circus that by the time it's over I doubt anybody will even remember what the catalyst was. It's now just everybody pushing their own agenda and getting their name or face in the news.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Here's a personal story of mine that sums up my POV on this issue:

A long time ago I lived in an apartment in the city. My neighbors were 'rough around the edges' and their friends were more so. One evening I was walking home at about 2am, about a block from my house.
3 black men were behind me walking in the same direction. I noticed these men speeding up. As I seemed to be the only reason, I also sped up. They continued to move towards me faster, so I ran the last 25 yards to my apartment door. With adrenalin pumping in my head I fumbled for my keys. The 3 approached and one called out to me. It was one of my neighbor's friends.
This guy says (giving me shizit), "What, you see a black man on the street at night and start running?"
Without missing a beat I responded, "I don't care what color a guy is coming at me at night, I'm running!"

I don't doubt under the exact same circumstances Zimmerman's response would have been the same, no matter what the 'perps' color of skin. The only difference would be we wouldn't have heard about the story.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This would be the one time someone decided to use restraint with a tazer. Woulda like to see him get zapped for his outburst.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join