It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO pictures I took last year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Ok, here goes my first Thread!

I've been an ATS watcher for a couple of years and had never become a member. Last year went to the mountains with my girlfriend and her family and I rook some pictures with my new iPhone 4 at the time. Once we got back home I was going over the pictures and found something strange on a series of pictures I had taken of a dead tree against the sunset.

I took the first picture and noticed that I had cut the top part of the tree, so I took a second picture, and then a third, just in case. The pictures where taken only a couple of seconds apart each.

After looking at the pictures, the first thing I thought was "I should put these up on ATS so the experts can check them out", and I signed up, but after learning that I had to make at least 20 posts before making a thread of my own I got lazy and left things as they where....

A year passed and now I finally decided to start being more active on ATS, get my courage up and start talking (or writing).

Since I have finally gotten to the 20 post mark, I am finally sharing these pictures with you all.

Please don't expect any smoking gun, proof or anything of the sort. I don't know what I photographed so I am putting the pictures up for everybody who is interested to see and give their impression.

The first picture, with the treetop cut off doesn't have anything strange:

The second picture, if you look at the tree line of the hill in the background you will see a light just behind the trees:

The third picture, the light is up in the sky:

so it is something that was moving.

I'm still hitting my head against the wall for not seing it while I was there, but that's just how life is. I'm still waiting to see a UFO in person, but at least, until that happens I know that these, that where taken by me, are not fakes.

For those wondering why the numbering in the photo names are even (missing odd pictures) it is because I had the HDR option on the iPhone, so these are the original, non-modified pictures that I am sharing, I don't know exacly what HDR of the iPhone does, but the pictures come out more bright, and with some overlapping sometimes, so I think it takes various pictures and then mixes them or something like that.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
kinda looks like lens flare
to me

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
im sure your going to be told thats lens flare
i dont know too much about it, lens flare, but someone will come on and explain to you how it happens

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Beautiful pictures

Those are lens flares I'm afraid

That is also why it moved so much, from the last picture. I could be proven wrong though

But thank you very much for posting and sharing this with us. Its nice to see some new members who are interested in this subject.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Cloud? Looks like a puffy little cloud, catching the setting rays of the sun to me.....but, I'm no expert.

Nice pics....thanks for posting.....

Des
edit on 28-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Lens flare. Dude, your camera is pointing at the sun.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

First thing I thought was a lens flare, but coming from behind the hill? and moving up into the sky keeping it's shape? I may be wrong, because I'm no expert, but that is what made me deside it wasn't a lens flare.
edit on 28/3/2012 by gringo74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gringo74

I would circle the little ball of light you are calling a UFO in some subsequent photos.

Then if you like I can show you examples of how this is not a UFO.

This is more than obviously a lens flare. And your story helps to confirm this; you were not trying to photograph a UFO, one just showed up in your photos.
This is typical of a camera defect or artifacts of supposed “UFO” shots, the photographer is not intentionally seeing or trying to photograph an anomaly, but one just happens to show up in a photograph after they are reviewing the photos.

I am sorry, but unless this “light orb” landed, occupants got out and decided to share with you some Antarian wine while enlightening you on the finer points of intersteller flight. We really should just call this a photographic aberration and case closed.

edit on 28-3-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gringo74
reply to post by ypperst

First thing I thought was a lens flare, but coming from behind the hill? and moving up into the sky keeping it's shape? I may be wrong, because I'm no expert, but that is what made me deside it wasn't a lens flare.

No, it's lens flare/reflection. The lens is glass - it keeps its shape. The camera is in different positions, so the flare is different in each shot.

Is this really necessary to explain?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

All three pictures show lens flares basically in the same places except for this little ball which is not in the first picture, is coming up from behind the hill on the second and is up in the sky on the third. Is this a normal lens flare behavior? If you can show me it is I will call it case closed.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Sorry but all I see is lens flare .
Here's some similar examples

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

reply to post by abeverage

All three pictures show lens flares basically in the same places except for this little ball which is not in the first picture, is coming up from behind the hill on the second and is up in the sky on the third. Is this a normal lens flare behavior? If you can show me it is I will call it case closed.

I'd go along with the lens flare explanation too.

The first photo was taken with either different light or different exposure settings on your camera phone than the first 2........you can tell this by observing that the tennis net can clearly be seen in the first picture......but is not nearly as clearly visible in pics 2 & 3.
edit on 28-3-2012 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My avatar is an example of lens flare as well. Or so I believe lol

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Actually...the first pic does have something in there. I wrote it off as a plane when first looking, but it is in basically the same place on the pic as the second one. Just no flare. So maybe it's still a plane, but 2nd and 3rd pics caught a flare off of it and not the first. It's kind of hard to see, but it is just above the treeline about 20% over from the left in the first one.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Weather Balloon.........Looks like lens flare.
got bored wandered off..........

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

reply to post by ypperst

No, it's lens flare/reflection. The lens is glass - it keeps its shape. The camera is in different positions, so the flare is different in each shot.

Is this really necessary to explain?

Yes, can you better explain your position. Maybe my high end photo equipment and years of training have caused me to learn the incorrect things from multiple instructors and years of experience. Please help me understand.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
ha ha! lens flare, oh well,
NEXT!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
OK, does anybody think it is not a lens flare?

I'm no expert photographer, so if everybody calls it a lens flare right off, then I belive we have a cased closed.....not a UFO anymore, a lens flare!!

O well, next time I come head to head with a UFO I will try to take a picture with a better camera, not against the sun, and actually having seen it in the first place so I won't make you all loose your time

That was a short first thread!!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
In the OP you state clearly you did not notice this while taking the photographs which I can only assume the subject was the sun’s light rays (right?). So you did not actually "witness" anything, you basing your claim only the photographic evidence and not your testimony or anyone else testimony of this so called event. Therefore the claim that this is a “UFO” is under scrutiny by myself and anyone else on the ATS forum. So I hope not to offend you, I just think not every UFO is indeed a "UFO".

Theory 1: A light glint.
You have a volleyball net in the picture correct? And you did not "see" this UFO when you taking the photos. What was the subject of your photos? The lightrays from the sun?
The object also looks like a light glint from a reflected source (Say a metal pole) and not a necessarily a lens flare which there are are several clearly evident in the photos.

Theory 2: Flying debris.
Cotton seeds when the light catches them will light up brightly and float about, but again I would think you would notice this. But in this sense…lol yeah it’s a UFO cause it is not identified.

But if you did not notice such a bright object, the human eye has field of view of 95% and can see the light of a candle at 14 miles, I would go back to a defect in the camera or bounced reflection…

Go take a wide angle photo of that area and I will show you exactly what it could be.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
In the OP you state clearly you did not notice this while taking the photographs which I can only assume the subject was the sun’s light rays (right?). So you did not actually "witness" anything, you basing your claim only the photographic evidence and not your testimony or anyone else testimony of this so called event. Therefore the claim that this is a “UFO” is under scrutiny by myself and anyone else on the ATS forum. So I hope not to offend you, I just think not every UFO is indeed a "UFO".

No offense taken, I actually didn't think it was a offworld spaceship, just wanted some experts to take a look and tell me what it was. I'm OK with lens flare. I'm learning here...

Theory 1: A light glint.
You have a volleyball net in the picture correct? And you did not "see" this UFO when you taking the photos. What was the subject of your photos? The lightrays from the sun?
The object also looks like a light glint from a reflected source (Say a metal pole) and not a necessarily a lens flare which there are are several clearly evident in the photos.

The subject of the photos was the dead tree.

Theory 2: Flying debris.
Cotton seeds when the light catches them will light up brightly and float about, but again I would think you would notice this. But in this sense…lol yeah it’s a UFO cause it is not identified.

But if you did not notice such a bright object, the human eye has field of view of 95% and can see the light of a candle at 14 miles, I would go back to a defect in the camera or bounced reflection…

Go take a wide angle photo of that area and I will show you exactly what it could be.

Actually the sun was pretty bright at that angle, so I couldn't look that way directly to have seen anything.

Anyway, I don't think I will be able to go take a wide angle picture anytime soon, since it isn't very close to where I live, so I am OK with lens flare.

Thanks for your time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join