It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets ban/censor everyone who doesnt agree with us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Ive noticed a few threads and posts ranting about how people who who dont agree with ........ or think like ....... or belong to such and such a school of thought should be banned.

Whether we consider someones thoughts to be racist, ignorant, stupid, biased etc etc who is anyone to say their opinion shouldnt have a voice or isnt valid?

To deny anyone their chance to have a say on a topic is no better than censorship by the MSM, as distasteful as some people find it the world is full of people with almost as many different opinions and points of view as there are people.
IMHO ATS should be a place for people to voice their views regardless of what they think (provided of course they are not insulting anyone personally).
To want to censor or ban anyone because an opinion differs from yours would basically just turn this place into a massive circle jerk of boringness.

People need to take a cement pill and harden the Firetruck up, get over it and realise their way of thinking isnt necessarily the 100% correct one

How crappy would this place be if everyone had the same opinion?

Rant over

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
some people believe they're righteous and only their opinion is correct. They won't recognize facts and patterns and are blinded by political correctness.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Thoughts shouldn't be a crime and you shouldn't be punished for them. But the idea is rearing in.

Think about employers not hiring people based on what they post in their FB. Thought conditioning anyone?

EDIT:

We could potentially all die the first time we were wrong.
edit on 28-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
well if everyone thought the way i do,everything would be ok!
lol!
sorry,couldn't resist!
freedom of intelligent speech is a right,and shouldn't be trod upon!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The problem is you have to have rules on a forum otherwise the quality of debate or in some cases argument descends to Neanderthal like levels of bigotry and name calling .
I fully agree with the right to free speech but its to easy on an internet forum where you are anonymous to have people whose only goal ( from the safety of their chair) is to spout racist and sexist rubbish and provoke arguments , just because it makes them feel better about their crappy lives .

I think ATS just about gets it right , there are some occasions where I don't agree with a decision made by a Mod but I think as long as you stick to the T&Cs then pretty much anything is debatable .

As long as its my opinion I think that would be fine

edit on 28-3-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
lol!
sorry,couldn't resist!
freedom of intelligent speech is a right,and shouldn't be trod upon!

Exactly

Maybe it should be changed to "Freedom of speech, just watch what you say"

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I do agree with you in that some people say what they say just for the reaction but we can never be 100% certain this is the case.

I think anything should be ok provided there are no personal insults.

This wasnt a rant directed at the mods more at the users who thin the mods should do more modding

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

het ive been slapped on the wrist by the mods a few times,but some people do go too far! man if yer not a christian and you comment on their post and dont agree,they are on you like a wild cat! insults and all!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
lol!

I agree 100%........If everyone thought like me the world would be much better off.

See, we have something in common.

At the very least I'd get what I want all the time WHEN I want it. and wouldn't have to WORK for it

( I don't mind though, really. It's the best job I ever had )

I agree with the OP though. People really do need to lighten up and learn how to get along. How hard can it be really? Sometimes what you think is an opposing viewpoint can actually be used to help you get on with someone who holds that oppsing view. You just have to talk out until you see eye to eye. At least on the most imprtant aspects of the topic at hand.

That's just my opinion but everyone needs to agree with it.............K?

new topics

top topics

join