It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Taught Agents They Could ‘Bend or Suspend the Law’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
www.wired.com...

The FBI taught its agents that they could sometimes “bend or suspend the law” in their hunt for terrorists and criminals. Other FBI instructional material, discovered during a months-long review of FBI counterterrorism training, warned agents against shaking hands with “Asians” and said Arabs were prone to “Jekyll & Hyde temper tantrums.” These are just some of the disturbing results of the FBI’s six-month review into how the Bureau trained its counterterrorism agents. That review, now complete, did not result in a single disciplinary action for any instructor. Nor did it mandate the retraining of any FBI agent exposed to what the Bureau concedes was inappropriate material. Nor did it look at any intelligence reports that might have been influenced by the training. All that has a powerful senator saying that the review represents a “failure to adequately address” the problem.

I lose more faith every day. I am not surprised at all, just confirms beliefs that intelligence agencies/law enforcement will do anything to fit their agenda

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hottoboggan

Well then surely that would make any conviction unsafe? Should be a lot of "terrorists" being freed really.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
See, this is the type of thing that should have people across the nation protesting. The federal governments alphabet agencies admittedly corrupt and operating above the law as a matter of course.

Yet what are the plebes all occupied with? Hoodies.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This coupled with the purposeful destruction of our economy with the result of zero arrests and the fast and the furious with zero arrests should show that those who defend the law are breaking it left and right and GET AWAY with it scott-free (sorry Scott). The law is not there for any reason other than to suppress those who do not chose to become part of that legal system. So basically do what you want and if its illegal, dont worry about it because if they dont have to abide by it so why should we?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Every time I think Humanity is okay, all I need to do is Check ATS to be dissuade of it...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

warned agents against shaking hands with “Asians” and said Arabs were prone to “Jekyll & Hyde temper tantrums.”

I wonder what the crazy
ideology against shaking hands... any1?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The don't shake hands thing is based on the fact that some cultures who consider whites unclean for hygenic or ritual reasons are offended when whitey grabs their hand and starts pumping it.

In Arab culture, there is a universal rule that EVERYONE wipes with the left hand....

they know that westerners do whatever.....then shake on it.....

edit on 28-3-2012 by dr_strangecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
But everyone DOES wash their hands...... right..........................?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

they know that westerners do whatever.....then shake on it.....
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

when you say "Westerners do whatever"

you mean wash their hands multiple times a day ...right

because as a westerner that's how I roll

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender

you mean wash their hands multiple times a day ...right

because as a westerner that's how I roll

So you'e that guy? The one who actually washes his hands as he leaves the men's room?

Seriously, back to the topic. I didn't know I was doing such a derail. Back to the FBI's nefarious ways.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Sorry about my double post on this subject this morning in another thread. You guys are QUICK! News just out today about it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

you and i and everyone else not in the elite or law enforcement live by the same laws, the elite and law enforcement have no laws, it's just how it is. maybe one fine day we can change that, it's something i hope i live to see for my kids sake.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I am not suprised either. The feds believe they are above the law. Its time IMO to knowck the ladder out from beneath them to bring them down a peg or three.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Banana Republic.

No explanation further than that one is required.

We just have bigger toys.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender

warned agents against shaking hands with “Asians” and said Arabs were prone to “Jekyll & Hyde temper tantrums.”

I wonder what the crazy
ideology against shaking hands... any1?

It's not just against shaking hands.. they are saying to avoid Asian people and my best guess is that it has to do with the horrible radiation situation in Japan and the outbreak of Hemorrhagic Conjunctivitis and all sorts of new [[highly contagious]] viruses (ie, EV70 & CA24v) associated with immune responses to the radiation. And then you have all the usual avian/swine flu and H1N1/H5N1 and SARS viruses, mostly originating or proliferating in Asian countries like China and Japan.
edit on 29-3-2012 by LeonoraTenen because: (no reason given)

top topics

join