It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHat is up with Google asking for my phone number and cell phone number?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearEater

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
I left google behind a long time ago. I have a variety of email addresses, most of which are "disposable". Have you tried just making up a fake number, preferably from a different state or country?

Great idea on "disposable emails" ... I got several myself.

But why on Earth would you "make up a fake number"? What if you happen to give them MY NUMBER? ...Its no wonder I get random calls from random American states everyday, and I live in Canada....
I use Niderian phone numbers
I figured it was only fair.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I am in tech support as well but, like I said, this is my home and not a business. Also, we all know,"It is ALL for our own good and our security and safety". Seriously? You fell for that line of BS and your in tech support? Im ashamed

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
513-555-1212. They can call information same as anyone else. Too bad I only use a cell now and information cannot give the number out.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustangill
reply to post by Cuervo

I am in tech support as well but, like I said, this is my home and not a business. Also, we all know,"It is ALL for our own good and our security and safety". Seriously? You fell for that line of BS and your in tech support? Im ashamed

Maybe you should just relax for a while and realize that the world isn't out to get you. As I said, they already have your phone number. Physically entering it in the dialog box simply verifies that you agree to use it as a last-step security measure. They aren't the CIA or KBG or the Illuminati; they are your email service provider who, by the way, knows waaaay more about you than just your phone number.

It's the equivalent of not letting somebody take your picture because you think the camera will steal your soul.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join