It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man receives new face

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I GUESS SOMEONE ELSE ALSO STARTED ONE AT THE SAME TIME I DID! CRAPOLA!
I know we have all heard of this before, but I just wanted to start a conversation on the realities of these procedures.
First off how freakin' amazing is it that this can be done, I mean... it blows my mind really. But, when I really think about this realistically, you have to think about where the face came from. Obviously a man around the same age, skin type and so on died. This man also received the upper, lower jaws, gums and teeth. The families involved here, do they know this? I know the question will never be answered, but for me, I would want to know who this person was, what type of a person was he, how did he pass. You know?

This to me would be very hard to come to terms with if I were the one receiving the transplant. A heart or liver transplant is one thing, but a face. Your face is the most outwardly defining thing about a person, and it's also very personal. This man's in particular is one of the best I have seen, I mean it's very hard to even tell that there was anything wrong in the first place. The woman who also received a facial transplant after a chimp attacked her, her face still did not look as natural as this mans. His is the best one I have seen so far!
I could not imagine the emotions and personal confusion this man and his family must be feeling. It just blows my mind! To me it really is the stuff of science fiction made a reality.
So what say you? How would you deal, on the recipients side, his family, or maybe the other man's side?

Face Transplant
edit on 28-3-2012 by lilowl53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
existing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join