It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think I figured out why this Zimmerman/Martin thing has been artificially blown out of proportion

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Thats how it would seem, i could see people imagining that, but thats not how it is in canada...

-Our home invasions usually use bare fists or bats (since just carrying a handgun adds 5 years to your crime)

-You have to really, and i mean REALLY piss off the wrong person to get shot in canada.

-Ive still yet to have the king of england or even cops for that matter kick down my door...

-Every bar end is bar fights, BUT almost never do you even see knives, let alone guns...

-And best of all, i still can buy a handgun, and keep it under my pillow. I just feel no need to leave my house with it. period.

Now tell me, would putting a handgun on the hip of every person, including the nuts, make our situation better or worse than it is now in canada?
Worse. Obviously. And that is why we disagre with the right for "everyone" to carry a gun out of there home.
edit on 29-3-2012 by kman420 because: added more

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have read where some of you couldn't find his funeral, well I did some digging and I not only found out about his funeral but I found this. Its very telling and interesting to say the least.

www.thegrio.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Seede

Dude you need to lose the innocent child crap. the guy was anything but an innocent child. He was a drug dealer and had been suspended from school for pot. This kid wasn't the innocent child you are trying to paint him as. I'm not saying that he deserved to be shot. I don't see where an unarmed person needs to be shot. But this kid ain't that innocent kid you seem to think he is.

Also you might want to look into what the gun laws are like in florida. might open your eyes a bit.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kman420
reply to post by Nucleardiver

(since just carrying a handgun adds 5 years to your crime)

US has the same. In several states presence of a firearm during a crime adds another 10.
Harsh sentencing has had no affect on crime. At least not here.

Sentencing as a deterrent is mythology.

A criminal acts because a)he doesnt care, b)he thinks he'll get away with it, c)he's insane or in some instances he actually wants to get caught for the purpose of "street cred."

Longer sentences just mean that the incarcerated has had that much more time to fall out of civilised society. That much more time to stew in hate and bitterness. That much more time to be treated inhumanely and be abused. That much more time to learn from other criminals.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

I'm kinda with you on 1 thing. I dont think this kid deserve to be shot. Point is, he was "unarmed" How can it be self defense against an ass whooping? I mean cops can't shoot you if your just fighting. They'll fight back, with fist, pepper spray, and more cops. I have never heard of someone deserving to be shot cause they was a better fighter and had the advantage of better skills in the fight. If that be the case we better shut down the ufc.

To me it's a simple case of a guy gettting his ass whooped, and in bad spirit shoots the guy to feel better about loosing the fight.

But wait........I cant go with that way of thinking either, because the mortician who prepared his body said NO cuts, or bruises on his hands of any sort. So hmmm..This thing gets crazier. So did the guy just walk up on him and cold blooded murder just shoot him in the chest because he got smart with him when he ask him what he was doing? Naww, Zimmerman's past would be a little worse than whats on his record now. Something isn't adding up with this story at all on either side!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
First off, there is zero doubt in my mind that Trayvon Martin was a gangbanger. His criminal rap sheet proves he was not an adorable little child worthy of the President's adoption. The facts of his history also give credibility that Trayvon not only could have been stealing from that neighborhood, but he would also be the type of juvenile delinquent gang member who would threaten to kill Zimmerman's son.

In my opinion, there's a lot more dirt to dig up but the mainstream media choses to dwell in sensationalized Yellow Journalism.

Obama NEEDS a race war and a class war to be able to divide and conquer - and re-election is only one of his cards in that playbook.

OWS has served as his ideal class warfare tool. "Everyone" is mad at the 1% instead of being mad at the one who puppeteers them all.

The immediate "adoption" of Trayvon was meant to spark race riots across the nation and make us all see in color again, instead of first examining the content of an individual's character to sum that individual up. The mainstream media is on board because facts are boring and people like to get riled up on stereotypes and perceived justice as it is packaged up nicely with a bow by the media factories.

Luckily, the American people mostly understand that Justice is very complex and ultimately requires facts. We the People will demand facts soon enough. But, before then, TPTB will try to take away the 2nd Amendment so they can truly take full-board dictatorship power and show us what slavery actually is.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Seede

Hi Seede,

Thanks for your post.

I think what you are saying about other countires killing off undesirables, that happens in any country regardless, whether easy or not.

Blaming immigration for the raise in Murder rates is discriminatory towards immigrants, based on ignorance, and cherry picking data to suit an argument.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to get work in a foreign country to your country of origin? Where you have to learn a new way of life, language, currency, government. Are you saying that all murders are based on immigration? Sure there are bound to be tensions between different groups of people, there almost always usually is, but it takes a little bit of effort to simply just help these people integrate into your society, you can't expect them to do it on their own. They need you, and in return you might just need them too, and if you actually went some way to help immigrants, they would most likely be the first people to help you, than a fellow born American. Why? Because they most likely know hardship, that you have never or will ever know.

Having a military is important to any country, I never said otherwise.

Another Hitler will take any country armed or unarmed, America included, if that is what they choose - look at the adminstration under Bush, not exactly Snow White...look at David Cameron in my country, the biggest whore to corporations and bankers we have ever known, just look at his lineage.

Education is always good, but is hardly a solution. We could all have the right to use a gun for self defense, but educated or not, it still doesn't change the fact that people won't get shot for nefarious reasons.

We shoot our points of view first, and ask questions later. We still live.

All you seem to do is shoot each other, and then ask questions later. You die at your own hands.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

The fact that there are so many people showing up at their local courthouses and town halls demanding "justice" is sickening. Perhaps these idiots should spend more time studying how our system works and less time starting rallies and movements.

I think the most important thing we can learn from this entire issue isn't the idea of racism or injustice, but the idea that the Dept of Education has made idiots out of the vast majority of Americans. We have a system of jurisdiction and procedures that is designed to serve justice and uphold the law based off of facts not emotions.

I swear everyday I become more ashamed of what a bunch of drama driven mindless imbuciles America has become.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

I just read that post about the lack of marks on the kids hands, and I agree with you that there is something odd about this case. Seems the facts are changing day by day. Doesn't make sense to me. things that were reported in the beginning are now found to be no longer true. Seems that neither the victum or the perp are who they were originally reported to be. Wonder what the truth is?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

No not jealous at all.

I'd much sooner have an argument with someone, than shoot them in cold blood.

Actually your previous posting was actually quite disturbing. I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of an argument with you, you'd probably shoot me.

I have this image of you sitting by your PC sweating profusely with your eyeballs popping out your head like Gollum from Lord of The Rings, stroking your gun calling it "my precious" with your glare darting from side to side, in fear that someone might take it away from you - which is probably what they should do.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I believe that your assesment is (partially correct) .

George Zimmerman is the child of a US supreme court judge ex military from a "reclusive" family.

Seems as though this is an MK ultra tactic to disband the "stand your ground" law.

I became suspcious when the media, and agents on various sights (including this one) , kept saying that this happened because of the "law in florida" when it is clear that the law does NOT apply. So much so that the writers of the law agreed that this case does not fall under "stand your ground" .

so WHY do they keep claiming as such?

For all you racists out there youre the only one being played like a fiddle. A vast majority of white people do not care that he is black and understand whats going on - stop being played.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Going by what you say, a whole lot of people trying to cover each others asses, and trying to invalidate the truth.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Decronite

I'd much sooner have an argument with someone, than shoot them in cold blood.

Everybody who has a CCW knows that guns are not OK to take out in an argument. You really are grasping at straws now.

Tell me, what are your odds of surviving if you were attacked by a man equal or greater than your size?
What are your sister's, girlfriend's/wife's, mother's odds of fending off an attacker?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Everybody who has a CCW knows that guns are not OK to take out in an argument. You really are grasping at straws now.

Tell me, what are your odds of surviving if you were attacked by a man equal or greater than your size?
What are your sister's, girlfriend's/wife's, mother's odds of fending off an attacker?

Obviously, the murderer in the Tray case did not not follow your advice and thought differently - that it is ok to murder someone else who does not agrees with him. May more such as you not be like him or suffering and pain will only beckon for all mankind. Power comes with a responsiblity, and gun ownership is a power over others.

If there is someone who is equal or greater mine in a confrontation, what is Rule of Law for?

Recognise their features, walk away, report the crime the next safe moment. If it is your wallet, give it to them. What you lost can be earned back the next day, but if you fight and lose your life, it is forever.

If you family is endangered, where all options failed, then by all means, use the gun, always with a warning first before the act of defense, BUT be prepared - if you intend to live by the gun, then be prepared to die by the gun, either through the bullet or societal's justice hangman noose if you cannot provide an honest sincere testimonial to the event in the presence of judge and jury.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

use the gun, always with a warning first before the act of defense,

I'm glad that you brought this up.
I have my concealed carry permit and the laws have recently flip flopped in Florida.
First, they had it that you could show your gun to frighten an attacker away, then they changed this and you HAD to discharge your weapon if you brandished it. Now, they've changed it back so that you can pull it out without discharging it.

It's almost as if they want people confused by the law.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Not much, but it could give the authorities a chance to step in if you were out on the street. Also there is also the chance that you might both end up alive. My Uncle taught me Judo when I was 6. How about education on self defense instead of the use of guns?

Your chances of escaping alive when both of you don't have guns is far greater should someone attempt rape. To claim rape would probably also a good excuse to kill someone in your family, whether it was true or not.

Everyone might know what the rules are on guns, but not everybody follows them.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Last night I put together a thread related to all the links concerning Zimmerman and Trayvon. If you want to review or reflect back on everything thus far related to this topic, go here....

Everything Zimmerman and Trayvon

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Decronite

How about education on self defense instead of the use of guns?

Good for able bodied people, but this isn't an option for some.
For example, this wouldn't work for me. Not only am I small statured, but I also have a fused spine and reconstructed ankles. Not everyone is capable of fighting off attackers.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Do we ever get the truth?

Starred your post, story changes day by day, hour by hour.

Just like a play being directed.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
A response to the original opening post (I'm not wading through the rest.)

You can't really believe you can take the credit for figuring this out can you? Or are you kidding?

We had already seen the race card being played by Obama's people and now he has innocently put his two-cents into the fray. This is just exactly what they wanted. And dang, we can't call Obama a racist can we? why,...why that would be racist!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join