It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think I figured out why this Zimmerman/Martin thing has been artificially blown out of proportion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I think maybe the family forgot with all the registering of patents and all. They put on a good show that is for sure.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I appreciate that you feel you can't function with guns in your homes, handbags and drawers, or wherever else you choose to hide them.

Living in the UK. If someone actually gets shot, at least we know who the criminal is - ie the person with the firearm (really simple)

As a country, you would all be a whole lot better off without guns to hand everywhere. I wonder what the statistic is alone for children that accidentally kill themselves or others when they get their hands on one and play with it?

If you think you need guns to protect yourselves from criminals, then that is lame in my view. The sooner guns are taken away from you, the sooner nobody gets shot for petty reasons in your country.

If anyone witholds guns, then it is only fair that they should be punished by law. If someone does get shot, then the person who shot them is clearly the criminal, and there is no lame excuse for screaming "self defence", when really you just didn't like the person, or were committing a hate crime.

I say this as an outsider of your country looking in, I feel you are simply defending your right to shoot people you don't like or hate when it simply suits you.

It is dead easy for criminals to run amok with guns in your country because everybody has one.

Once guns are outlawed, then it is easier to track down these criminals, and the rate of death by gunshot will be dramatically reduced (it really IS that SIMPLE.)

I think the root cause of this media hype is actually a diplomatic one. Consider this other case in Florida - www.guardian.co.uk...

What is it with Florida and guns??? Seems to be an all out racial war going on over there, regardless of who gets shot.

All the more reason why people in your country should not be in possession of Guns.

It also points to an institutional problem, with racial prejudices that are played out at higher levels across the board. I think that is what is really the problem. Why do you STILL have the KKK operating in all levels in your country, they simply shouldn't be there.

Without guns, your country would soon be able to see who is really committing these crimes on both sides of the fence.
edit on 29/3/12 by Decronite because: More thoughts...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
People who own guns don't blab their mouths off. They own guns. They know the second amendment and all the attacks aimed at it, and their best move is to know that gun owners greatly outnumber the powers that want to deprive them of ownership. As does the ones trying to deprive. The owners are not going to roll over and be stripped of their only defense against Tyrany. Might makes right, like it or not. So you tyrants would be wise to remember that as you try to disarm America in preperation of your dillusions of grandeur. We will not go quietly.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This guy right here, You hit the nail on the head. It's a bigger agenda to this than arresting Zimmerman. The fact our Prez, gets involved is BS. Would the Prez have opened his mouth if Trayvon was white? Or Hispanic?

NO.NO.and Hell NO. All the major players in the black community, The Black Panthers with wanted posters. And nothing is being said aboout that at all. If that was a white group or hispanic group, the law would all over them like white on rice..

It seems like a well played scenario by all involved, Obama needs the support of the black community as their support for him has decreased for several reasons. This will get him the support he needs. So he thinks.

As it stands now, the fever pitch at which the whine to arrest Zimmerman is all incompassing in all media. I mean all media. Just what will happen if they do? Better question what will happen if they don't?

Either way this goes, it want be good. It want be good for responsable gun owners all across the nation. I can allmost foresee the future, They will be new gun laws, and low & behold somewhere in there it will be called The Trayvon Martin Law.

. . To state my stance on all this ,just look to your left. At this time I would like to give my support to Mr.Zimmerman, as I do know what it is your going thru.. All too well.

edit on 29-3-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: did not want my post removed, edited off hand comment

edit on 29-3-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
IMO, this isn't so much about the crime, but the cover-up. This is about corruption in the Sanford police department and, shining a light on the police state in general.

You folks should be glad this is being publicized.....it's to your benefit.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

This has been about an agenda from day one. Its all about promoting further division in this country (racism) and facilitating support for tighter gun control. Monday there was a 13yo white boy shot to death by 3 black kids in CA, where is the outcry over that?

Oh, they've already done one better. But still, the media ignores it. Why? Because it's not considered racism. This country has allowed the intellectually inferior idiot masses to completely take things over. Our current mindset in this country is the result of "too much of an open mind"

articles.nydailynews.com...

A 13-year-old boy who police say was doused with gasoline and lit on fire last week while walking home from school is recovering from first-degree burns to his face and head.

The boy was just two blocks from his home in Kansas City Tuesday when two teenagers began to follow him and then attacked him, his mother, Melissa Coon, said.

Police have described the suspects as black 16-year-olds, while the victim is white.

There should not be a such thing as a 'hate crime'. There are only crimes. It's another dividing word used by intelligent people in politics to herd the masses of idiot voters to do things their way.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
911 tape
"sir whats your address"
Zimm "i dont want to give that out"

Hmmm, is there any zimmerman that lives within 5 miles of this incident.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

So you are happy to defend a written constitution over the thousands of lives that have been lost in your country? Perhaps even members of your own family?

You argument is utterly meaningless.

You sound like you sleep with a gun under your pillow, what a poor way to live your life.
edit on 29/3/12 by Decronite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3dman7
IMO, this isn't so much about the crime, but the cover-up. This is about corruption in the Sanford police department and, shining a light on the police state in general.

You folks should be glad this is being publicized.....it's to your benefit.

I've thought about that too.

But it doesnt make any sense.

Consider the 500 NYPD officers marching in support of "professional privilege" at the request of the Patrolmans Benevolence Association or the FBI training materials telling their agents laws dont apply to them or the Seattle PD and the East Haven, CT PD being investigated for long-term racial profiling corruption and abuse.

Given the outrageous amount of police abuses nation wide that occur daily why would this one instance of potential misconduct overshadow entire departments participating in regular and proven misconduct?

What's worth national protest, an iffy self-defense claim handled by a couple of cops or the nations largest police union demanding officers be allowed to break the law as a benefit of the job then sending out hundreds of their own to march in the streets and throw insults at the taxpaying public?

There's no comparison. If shinning light on bad cop behavior was the goal congress would have been condemning the largest police force in the world for essentially threatening a coup but they didnt say anything about in Washington.

Does that make sense?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I've read all the posts in the story and everyone is wondering why it's so strange the way it's been handled. i've heard all sorts of descriptions of zimmerman but one is always missing that he is jewish and a member of the JDL. That could explain the weird happenings. a lot of money is being spent trying to make this go away or shift the blame.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Decronite

Without our 2nd Amendment Rights, we would be just like Britian. And I believe we don't want to be like Britian, we've allready shown you all that way back in the day when we FOUGHT for and GAINED our independence.

If it was'nt for America, you all would be driving VW"S right now. Our founding fathers were smart enough to give us the ability to take out out Gov if it is usurped by anyone. Read our Constitution, it lays it out there for you.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Bottom line- take the race card out of this, and we are expected to believe that Zimmerman, weighing 250lbs and armed, was overpowered and knocked to the ground by Martin, weighing 140lbs and unarmed.

Highly unlikely......

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I don’t think Zimmerman will be arrested by the Florida officials. Here’s why. The state passed a law, known as the Stand your Ground law, which effectively allows regular citizens to fight back when they feel like they are being threatened. I guess this law was written based on community input that the police are over worked, understaffed, whatever, and that the law abiding citizens don’t think they can rely on their paid officials (police) to adequately protect them. The law seems to reflect a feeling within the Florida community that forces are “out there” that people should be able to confront. What they are thinking about can only be assumed. The law can be interpreted many ways apparently as Florida House of Representative, P. E. Thurston Jr. notes (www.usnews.com...). The law needs more work. Florida also has pretty liberal gun laws from what I understand. Obviously the law has flaws. Now, any fanatic can “feel” threatened and confront with apparently, deadly force, anyone they think warrants it and is immune from state prosecution.

I would not be surprised to see Zimmerman brought up on Federal charges of violating Martin’s civil rights but that’s going to tough to have that hold up against the Florida law.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by Decronite

If it was'nt for America, you all would be driving VW"S right now.

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that, then remember the Britain fought the Nazi's for 3 years before the US decided to join in- even then, half the country didnt want to fight Germany. Ever heard of the battle of Britain? Summer of 1940? A full two years before the US fired one shot at the Nazis- brush up on your history before you start running your mouth, junior.....

edit on 29-3-2012 by Thunda because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Are the 3 black kids in jail and awaiting trial? Are they walking free because the police found no evidence to convict them? If not, then the cases are totally different.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

TextAlthough the report would seem to indicate that he recieved injuries inflicted by the victim, why shoot him as I understand it, in the back. Am I wrong about these facts, if so please enlighten me.
reply to post by lonegurkha

I would like to enlighten you -- Where do you get your information? You must read a different news source than I do because this is the very first that I have heard that this Zimmerman shot the innocent child in the back. I have repeatedly read that Zimmerman shot this innocent child in the chest. The reason a person carries a weapon is for self defense. Self defense can mean many scenarios such as a base ball bat, or a knife, or a gun, or even a rock and it can also include a big thug picking on a little guy. The responsibility in carrying a concealed weapon is that you understand why you carry and not abuse the fact that you do carry. When you carry, you do not let the populace know that you carry and intimidate people. Nor do you ever brandish a weapon without a just cause. This is why schooling is very important as well as experience is also very important. Zimmerman must have had a legal background check as well as some schooling in order to carry. Let's get all of the facts before we judge any man or woman.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

This is the perfect of example of why some people should not have weapons. There are far too many people who are unstable mentally, living in unstable households, walking around with chips on their shoulders and thinking the world is against them and there is always a revolution brewing or a black president plotting his new world order.

I am glad that I had only had to pull my weapon a few times and only for extreme circumstances. No ever wants to be in that situation. People who respect the weapon find that carrying a tool of death is stressful. The crazies lick it and desire it and fall in love with it. In a state where conceal/carry is the standard I would find it disturbing that everytime I ran into a nutjob on drugs,drunk or had a bad day with his wife he could be carrying his "GOD GIVEN LEGALLY REGISTERED WEAPON" on his person. When I saw him acting like a fool I was praying to God that I didn't have to kill him once he touched the hanlde of the weapon in his waistband.

As a police office I didn't trust any of you.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
[How could this had been an adgenda since day one when the case didn't recieve nation attetion until a month later?
How often do we see stories of missing white women being sensationalized, yet we rarely hear any about women of color? Where are your complaints about that? The same goes for missing white children as well they get more media coverage than children of color? Where is the fight for them?

You show your racism when you bring up Obama, this all stems from you hate of having a black president, Obama didn't bring this up, the media asked if a question and he responded.

The writer and sponser of the bill of bill even said stand your ground does not apply in this case!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by takaris7

Are the 3 black kids in jail and awaiting trial? Are they walking free because the police found no evidence to convict them? If not, then the cases are totally different.

The big outcry over this case by the family and the Black Pussycats is that the "crime?" was racially motivated and it was a result of racial profiling. So please explain to me, according to your logic, how white on black crime is any different than black on white crime. Or are you trying to suggest that Trayvons death carries more weight because he was a "minority".

And no, the 3 black youths fled the scene and have not been apprehended. At least Trayvons family has some kind of closure since they at least know who is responsible for their sons death.

My whole point though was that you don't see the patents of the Miss. State student screaming racism or the NAAWP(?) or white groups issuing bounties for the killers..........god forbid they do that, it would be "racist".

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Obama is involved because the parents got the NAACP involved... so how can it NOT be about race when everywhere you turn when a black person gets shot, raped, abused, or screwed over the NAACP pops out of nowhere and decides they need to have a say.

Why not turn them away and ask for help from a group that does not single out race as the main subject/argument?

I guess it just doesn't make for a juicy enough story for media coverage...

edit on 29-3-2012 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join