It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think I figured out why this Zimmerman/Martin thing has been artificially blown out of proportion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
From day one it didnt make any sense to me. People, kids are killed everyday for petty reasons like eye contact and color of clothing to horrid reasons like blatant bigotry and police ineptitude occurs everyday and never does the media react by plastering as front page news day in and day out and never does every talk show flood the air waves with opinions and never do people and celebrities make highly visible protests about it.

So why now with this incident?

The lawmakers who gathered Tuesday vowed to press ahead with laws to end racial profiling as well as efforts to register neighborhood watch groups and rein in "Stand Your Ground" laws. Source

Can't register the weapon so they'll register the owner.

Can't ban the guns so end the carrying of them:

CT to reconsider carry laws
KS to reconsider law
GA, FL reconsider law

Some significant ground has been gained in recent years toward restoring 2nd Amendment rights. So much so the Brady campaign is bankrupt, the NRA is setting the foundation for more difficult battles such as releasing suppressors from NFA lunacy, every state but one permits carry (permits a right
) and national reciprocity (again to permit a right) has never been closer to becoming reality.

Now with one relatively insignificant death (considering how many occur daily) all this wholly undeserved attention (again, relatively speaking) has been beating the public over the head day and night and politicians are coming out of the woodwork demanding action.

It all seems so terribly contrived.

And where were they when Holder's Fast and Furious killed innocents?
edit on 28-3-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Interesting theory. I'm actually beginning to believe that this is a fictional event.
One thing that struck me last night is that I don't recall hearing anything about the boy's funeral. So, I did a simple search using the question "When was Trayvon's funeral?" and no results showed.

Does anyone else remember hearing about the funeral?

Now, some elderly people are being targeted because film maker Spike Lee tweeted that Zimmerman lived on Edgewater Circle when he has never lived on any road even resembling that name. Strange.
www.thesmokinggun.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There self defense law partial set up this situation. I can't see the lawmakers being completely ignorant of what they were doing. I think they did.
edit on 28-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

+44 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This has been about an agenda from day one. Its all about promoting further division in this country (racism) and facilitating support for tighter gun control. Monday there was a 13yo white boy shot to death by 3 black kids in CA, where is the outcry over that?

I wonder if the 13yo victims parents will get to go to DC and "plead for justice" to Obama like Trayvons parents are doing. The simple fact that Obama is getting involved in this is lunacy, if Trayvons parents wanted to plead to someone they should have went to Rick Scott since he is governor of FL. But that wouldn't have sensationalized the story like having Obama involved.

This whole story is being sensationalized, just wait til Obama gets his second term, this story will be used in his agenda to clamp down on the 2nd amendment. Remember, never let a good disaster go to waste.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

The whole situation is getting ridiculous. Im sorry, why does Obama need to be in charge of everything? I mean I understand hes the president.. but hes sticking his nose where it doesn’t belong.. and its making the rest of us look bad. Hell, Ive been trying for 3 weeks to get a petition signed but no one will do it because it has something to do with mixed races. Its bull. I can see segregation coming back.. and its going to get ugly.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I believe it's a attempt to shred the 2nd to pieces. Once they do this, game over, Glad I purchased my shotgun before this happened

edit on 28-3-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britx
reply to post by Nucleardiver

The whole situation is getting ridiculous. Im sorry, why does Obama need to be in charge of everything? I mean I understand hes the president.. but hes sticking his nose where it doesn’t belong.. and its making the rest of us look bad. Hell, Ive been trying for 3 weeks to get a petition signed but no one will do it because it has something to do with mixed races. Its bull. I can see segregation coming back.. and its going to get ugly.

what is this petition?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Dont you mean the shotgun that was "stolen"? wink wink Its a reason for them to repeal a law and take away your rights. I dont believe it will be too long before the badge wearing criminals come banging on our doors demanding our weapons.......

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I agree there is something more than what we are told going on here. Since the very beginning of this farce I have thought that there is a hidden agenda being promoted by the MSM. I think they are promoting a race war here. I really can't see another reason for the lies about this case to be given as much promotion as they are getting.

Zimmerman is listed as white on the incident report, When he is clearly is hispanic, And after reviewing his rap sheet, he is clearly a violent person who is being protected by somebody with connections, Perhaps his father who is a former judge.. While he may have been defending himself from attack, I don't see how shooting the victim was justified. He had called 911 and was told to leave the victim to the police. Although the report would seem to indicate that he recieved injuries inflicted by the victim, why shoot him as I understand it, in the back. Am I wrong about these facts, if so please enlighten me.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Indeed, why haven't we heard about a funeral for Martin?
Where is all the TV coverage of the massive crowds of mourners?
We need to ask them for it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
I agree there is something more than what we are told going on here. Since the very beginning of this farce I have thought that there is a hidden agenda being promoted by the MSM. I think they are promoting a race war here. I really can't see another reason for the lies about this case to be given as much promotion as they are getting.

Zimmerman is listed as white on the incident report, When he is clearly is hispanic, And after reviewing his rap sheet, he is clearly a violent person who is being protected by somebody with connections, Perhaps his father who is a former judge.. While he may have been defending himself from attack, I don't see how shooting the victim was justified. He had called 911 and was told to leave the victim to the police. Although the report would seem to indicate that he recieved injuries inflicted by the victim, why shoot him as I understand it, in the back. Am I wrong about these facts, if so please enlighten me.

I think he's mixed. One white parent and one hispanic parent

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores

Dont you mean the shotgun that was "stolen"? wink wink Its a reason for them to repeal a law and take away your rights. I dont believe it will be too long before the badge wearing criminals come banging on our doors demanding our weapons.......

Well I've got hollow point Ioz slugs, I'll die a Constitutional death by defending it foreign or domestic
, and was bought legit.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Thanks for questioning this as well.
I'm still searching and just plugged in 'Trayvon Sanford FL funeral memorial service".

Nothing about a funeral came up, but here's what I got for memorial service:
srnnews.townhall.com...

Also, here's a memorial for him on Facadebook.
www.facebook.com...
We all know that if it's on Facadebook, it's gotta be real.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron

So why list him as white when he is mixed race unless there is some hidden agenda?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

In Pennsylvania It makes it advantageous for Drunk Drivers to leave the scene of an accident.. they get less time in Prison if they leave and come back than they do if they stay… My Brother in law was hit by a (Black, not that it matters what he did was wrong I don’t care if he was the pope, and he was purple) Suspected Drunk Driver, new years eve this year.. He has spent more time in the ICU that the Driver has in Jail. We are getting hate mail for this.. People are messaging us calling us racists, and every other name in the book all because that driver (a black male) hit my brother in law (a white male) and left him to die on the street. The Driver was also an EMT, He could have stopped and help save his life.. but now he is facing brain damage, broken bones, cracked skulls and anything else that shows up while this POS is home with his family, while we have to drive 30+ minutes away, sit in rush hour traffic, deal with Hospital Security and everything else just to see out family member…. When the driver goes to Jail, the max he will get is 2 years… My BIL will be in the hospital/rehab longer than that! Anyway there is bill that was being a passed around.. that would change the law, but it got pushed to the back burner.. we have gotten over 550+ signatures so far, and started out own NPO for the cause.. but people still just want to see color…

(Sorry OP, Not to steal your post)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Not what I meant. It was a crack to report your gun stolen so when the time comes for them to take our weapons you can say" It was stolen" It was a joke. Some things are lost in translation.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Main Stream Media = Liberal

Liberal = Democrat

Democrats need racism alive and strong for their party to have a chance. Their only real campaign strategy at this point is to call everyone who doesn't agree with Obama a racist. Obama can't campaign on the economy, it's in the crapper in every facet. Obama can't campaign on foreign policy, he's blundered his way through 3 years. Obama can't even campaign on Obamacare (well if he told the truth anyhow) since the Supreme Court is tearing it to shreds. Racism is all they got left.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Sorry, but the whole Democrat/Republican thing is another divide and conquor tactic.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Doesnt the race-war angle all fall apart given that Zimmerman is Hispanic?

Even the partisan angle falls apart since Zimmerman is a (D).

If we were to take each variable at superficial value we would see the democratic party falling apart in that we have a Hispanic (D) carrying a firearm and using it to kill a black individual.

It could be a single cell political cartoon depicting cannibalism within the democratic party.

Which is why I dont at this point in time buy into the "race war" or partisan theory and lean to a general governmental control theory. The calls to investigate carry and deadly force laws have been bipartisan.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron

So why list him as white when he is mixed race unless there is some hidden agenda?

For the same reason Obama is listed as the first black POTUS even though he's mixed. Its all done to suit an agenda.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join