It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Sounds and Louder Booms return to Clintonville Wisconsin (Mar 27, 2012)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

“We can learning something from this exercise; to understand how the earth works. In places where earthquakes are rare; you know, the central and eastern U.S. have earthquakes but they’re more infrequent than, say in the western U.S. So we can learn something scientifically from this about the earthquake process. The other thing is people are concerned and rattled, and no pun intended. These things are waking them up; we don’t know what they are and we have technologies that might help to address this and so the state is asking for help and we have an obligation to help,” Benz says.

“Apparently the ground water table is very low there right now and if you remove water from underground it removes some of the support for the rocks; and if the rocks settle they could creek and slip a little bit,” Dutch says.

Running out of water?

edit on 30-3-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
its nothing to worry about its my alien cousin in his ufo heading back to thailand

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Yeah, sooner or later the picture will be empty unless a glacial waitress comes and fills it up with icecubes again.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by intelinside451

Even the experts disagree in your link.

"I don't think it's ghosts, and I don't think it's aliens," said a geophysicist with the United States Geological Service in Menlo Park, California. "I think it's likely to be small earthquakes." An earthquake produces audible sound by making the "ground around the person listening seem like they are in a big woofer. The ground is vibrating and that sound is transmitted up into the atmosphere and you hear a low rumbling sound."
But on the east coast another prominent Geophysicist says earthquakes have nothing to do with it. "There are earthquakes occurring all around the world that we are recording here in North Carolina,. If we had a local earthquake it would be impossible for us not to record that." Of all the loud booms heard, recorded and studied there has never been any direct relationship discovered between any seismic activity. "It's just very unlikely that we could have humans observe this and not have our very sensitive instruments making these observations."

I think there is going to be a big quake in Wisconsin soon.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

That is concerning to say the least. I live in TN and would be certainly affected by such a quake because it is likely it will not be small or without casualties.

Here is hoping they figure out what is going on...and when they do....will they tell us the truth?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
reply to post by intelinside451

Even the experts disagree in your link.

"I don't think it's ghosts, and I don't think it's aliens," said a geophysicist with the United States Geological Service in Menlo Park, California. "I think it's likely to be small earthquakes." An earthquake produces audible sound by making the "ground around the person listening seem like they are in a big woofer. The ground is vibrating and that sound is transmitted up into the atmosphere and you hear a low rumbling sound."
But on the east coast another prominent Geophysicist says earthquakes have nothing to do with it. "There are earthquakes occurring all around the world that we are recording here in North Carolina,. If we had a local earthquake it would be impossible for us not to record that." Of all the loud booms heard, recorded and studied there has never been any direct relationship discovered between any seismic activity. "It's just very unlikely that we could have humans observe this and not have our very sensitive instruments making these observations."

I think there is going to be a big quake in Wisconsin soon.

I am leaning toward the earthquake explanation but I think it's something to watch.
I agree with you this thing is just waking up. Why now 2012?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Likewise in Minnesota here in mid Michigan the sounds are getting louder and also I do believe I can feel vibrations.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Yeah....it's a bad recording but you can hear it near the end....sorry. I have everything right at the door in case it happens again though!
edit on 3/30/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysWary
Some people of Arkansa are reporting the smell of "Sulfur" so if I had to make a guess I would say the New Madrid fault is about to come under some crazy earthquakes like in 1811-1812. We'll have to see. definitly going to watch this post. Hopefully it wont set off a chain-reaction. +*****************************

edit on 29-3-2012 by AlwaysWary because: (no reason given)

I was thinking the exact some thing yesterday...wondering if there were any reported smells particularly that of sulfur. I don't know what is going on or will I pretend to, but something feels out of sync.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com... Here is the recording of the big boom.Sounds like a bomb like sound.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It is so funny. My husband and I have so many friends in Wisconsin, scattered around, as well as some family. (they have heard OF the sounds but none are in the locations currently hearing the sounds directly, thank goodness). Nothing much ever really happens there, ever. It's a quiet pleasant state, with only the occasional controversy and most of that is social or political, not really environmental. I would have said the same of my state, too, but then we got two quakes after my going through most of my lifetime never experiencing one and just marveling at my mom's account of quakes...never dreaming I'd experience not one, but two! Strange.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I live two counties over from Clintonville, not far at all. I'd love to get over there and check it out but would hate to waste the trip to not observe anything. And I don't have any sound equipment.

But the previous poster is right. I grew up in this state, and I did move to another country for almost 10 years but I've been back for about 2 now and nothing environmental ever happens here. This is really concerning.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I am leaning towards anything, BUT earthquake. I just don't believe that there is some new type of earthquake that you can hear and feel, but siesmographs don't pick up.

I also don't believe it's earthquakes, since there are plenty of areas around our globe that have had low water tables, and obviously they did not let off loud booms or this would not be a new phenom.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
I am leaning towards anything, BUT earthquake. I just don't believe that there is some new type of earthquake that you can hear and feel, but siesmographs don't pick up.

I also don't believe it's earthquakes, since there are plenty of areas around our globe that have had low water tables, and obviously they did not let off loud booms or this would not be a new phenom.

I know and it seems some of the geologists are not convinced.

I still lean toward the earthquake or the depletion of the water table theory.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Here is an update...www.620wtmj.com...

Clintonville now has four seismometers and four specialized sound sensors to help experts better understand the rumbling and booms over the last couple weeks.

Good hope we finally get some recordings of this "boom".

She says the readings will be fed to the National Earthquake Information Center through cell towers or the Internet.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

It could be subsonic sound waves coming from some phenomenon somewhere and it is converted by a crystalline surface to an audible sound. A cement road or foundation would do. Big sub-woofer effect

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Is it just me or are "they" moving really quickly?

Getting all of this equipment in place in just a few days. Our government seems extremely efficient lately.

They know something I ....we don't know.

Yet.
edit on 30-3-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The workers are pretty fast once someone tells them to do something. My question would be why it took them so long to get authorization through.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Any relationships with this www.dailymail.co.uk... ? (Fairly detailed maps here)
edit on 24-4-2012 by Anthony2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Another possible explanation is that the great lakes are rising.

For years they thought the water level was dropping, and it is, but only a little each year. The rest of the difference is from the land under the lakes rebounding from the 2 mile thick glacier that used to cover them.

But couldn't this be earthquake related, earth is still moving?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join