It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Sounds and Louder Booms return to Clintonville Wisconsin (Mar 27, 2012)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

I suppose if we entertain the idea of secret underground tunneling, why not also entertain the notion that they have at least a few underground tunnels built to transport equipment to and from the work site from an undisclosed and unknown entry point miles or hundreds of miles away...?

-rrr

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by saoirse33

Is it this story?

Someone needs to go look for a big crack.
edit on 29-3-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taino
I dont buy into the "micro-quacke" theory. Weird how its being reported now and not years ago if its so normal. Earths core, magnetic field, meteors, fukushima meltdowns?

I'm with you...if you look at the USGS website or any quake statistics, "micro-quakes" have been happening forever. Caleeforninia has them daily but nobody hears them. This is a simple case of the media and TPTB trying to BS the people. The sad part is, those who are still sleeping will believe this crap and regurgitate it to others as fact. "Well, it was on the news so it must be true".

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I can only imagine what the people that live there are thinking. I would be very uneasy, I remember hearing about loud booms in, hmmmm, was it North Carolina before the Virginia earthquake?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I checked, zero quakes for the area on the USGS site, not that I imagined there would be. That "quake" was posted on the USGS site only after the news all over the country picked up the story. The day after that, there was a teeny quake, with a date preceding the news broadcast by one day. Never mind that the noises & shaking were heard & felt for days prior to that "quake", nor that the phenomenon has returned....

Thanks, OP, for posting this update, hadn't heard!
S &F

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
arstechnica.com...

Good article.

Authorities scrambled to identify the source. Gas lines were checked for signs of leaks or other anomalies, the same for sewers and water mains. Planes surveyed the county for plumes of smoke. The landfill was checked for signs of a methane explosion. The dam was inspected for structural damage. The military was asked about exercises. Everything checked out, and there were no reports of industrial accidents, either.

Nothing about checking for mining.

Some in the town grew uneasy as officials stood baffled. Others had some fun with it. Theories poured in, including sinkholes (unlikely given the sandstone bedrock), fracking (unlikely given Wisconsin’s total lack of fracking operations), meth lab explosions, secret underground bunkers, worms from the movie Tremors, and aliens.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

No, that wasn't what I watched last night, and those cracks are much larger than the ones I have in my yard. Mine are most likely from dryness I think. I do remember seeing this video though. I remember reports about earthquakes in this area from the past that created cracks like that in the video, although I do not have any specifics on them.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This guy may have something if it is an earthquake....

Here is a map that shows the line. Why are the cities all almost exactly 80 miles from each other?
maps.google.com...,-88.846436&spn=2.039135,5.377808

Strange is all I can say.

Now that I look at it a second time it's not so strange. It looks like Clintonville is the epicenter and it had an eighty mile radius. Right?

edit on 29-3-2012 by cavalryscout because: Looked a second time.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I can see where you are going with this but that doesn't worry me much. What worries me is where you are coming from. Eighty miles towards the Northeast is a lot of forest lands and a small fissure could have happened there before Menominee and noone would have noticed. That would make another triangle with a more northern angle to get into nomans land or go just about anyway at all and still not be detected in this sparsely populated UP. People in Marquette felt an earthquake that happened in Canada above New York. Was that realy a shockwave or did it create a crack to form. I live up the hill in Negaunee on the big rock and we didn't feel anything here at all. Seems to me we would have felt that before downtown Marquette did.
Hope no locals here see this, it's just a theory and has no basis other than coincidence.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Seems to me we would have felt that before downtown Marquette did.

Makes sense to me.
I saw on the map there are communities between those three cities. Why haven't they reported anything?

Hope no locals here see this, it's just a theory and has no basis other than coincidence.

That just made me laugh. It's nice to be anonymous.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I am very familiar with Clintonville and the surounding area. I use to live nearby and still visit the area on a regular basis. Here are some things I can add to this discussion. The area is home to a geological feature known as the Wolf River Batholith. To some it up a batholith is a gigantic intrusion of cooled magma in this case granite that pushed its was up into the crust and is exposed to the surface by erosion. Millions of years ago this area was a mountain range that was ground down by the glaciers. There is basically exposed granite bedrock visible all throughout the area.

Now most of you have probably heard of Yucca Mountain were the governmen built a huge underground complex to store the country's nuclear waste. However most of you have probably never heard about the other sites the government explored on building this nuclear storage site. Shawano County WI was one of the top contenders. Clintonville basically sites just south of Shawano County almost stratling the county border. The stable granite makes the area perfect for building underground facilities that can withstand one hell of a beating.

Clintonville is also how to the FWD truck company. Which makes heavy duty trucks, firetrucks and components for the military's new MRAP vehicles. My guess is they may be tunneling there to build a hardened underground factory that could withstand a direct hit from a nuke or survive a natural calamity.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by countbader

Clintonville is also how to the FWD truck company. Which makes heavy duty trucks, firetrucks and components for the military's new MRAP vehicles. My guess is they may be tunneling there to build a hardened underground factory that could withstand a direct hit from a nuke or survive a natural calamity.

Here's a link about this company...www.wisconsinhistory.org...

After the war the company moved into new products including highway building and maintenance equipment, earth-moving machinery, and fire trucks.

Looks like they could dig a tunnel if they wanted.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Interesting about the government contracts...

Just came across this article, there's rumors of a local fault line? The whole article is worth a read, lots of information about glacial effects and the geology there, and it talks about where the seismic readers are located.

Some Waupaca County residents want to pin last week's small earthquake in Clintonville on a local legend: the so-called Pigeon River fault. It allegedly is beneath the southeast side of the city and said to be the cause of tremors on more than one occasion in the last century.

Article

I was kind of buying the whole "we didn't know because we don't have readers here" thing but this says there is one 15 miles away.

But the USGS has deployed an array of portable seismometers, stretching from the northern border to the southern boundary, to better understand background levels of seismic waves, Caruso said. This array is picked up and moved a few times each year. One of the seismometers in this array currently is roughly between the two permanent stations - 15 miles southeast of Clintonville, Caruso said. Recorded seismic activity on the portable unit confirmed the Clintonville earthquake.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here is a video from Alex Jones....(talks about this at about 2:16 to about 3:33 or so)...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
About a month ago I too heard a loud boom, felt shaking, and then it happened again a few times after that. I haven't noticed anything since then. I am right outside of Nashville, TN.

To me it is as if the sounds are either coming from the atmosphere or the water (Mississippi River) that divides the west and east coast is shifting getting ready to blow again along the New Madrid.

They say we are due in the next 50 years for another good jolt along the New Madrid.

Edgar Cayce's future map and the Navy's future map look identical. They expect it.... I expect it.... so I am leaning toward plates shifting.

From Wisconsin to the Gulf is probably experiencing the same thing. Even on the coasts (both w and e) people will probably experience the sounds and shaking as the continent breaks apart??

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67
This phenomena is far from new. From the book "The Dragon and the Disc" by Ted Holiday copyright 1973 pg. 124 "On 24 December 1964, Roger Rump, the head postmaster of Warminster, was awakened by a pounding on the roof of his house. He described it as a terrific clatter, as though all the tiles were being smashed. Dozens of other people complained of bangs, droning and explosions during the same period. U.F.O'S were widely reported and were believed to produce the sounds. An unexplained "thundering phenomena" does indeed occur. The first modern observation seems to have been provided by Colonel Godwin Austin who heard inexplicable detonations in the air in the spring of 1865 in Bhutan. A further description was supplied in 1895 by Colonel H.S. Olcott from the Barisal and Chalmari regions of the Brahmaputra. The sounds came to be known as the "Barisal Guns." Charles Sturt, discoverer of the Darling and Murray rivers, heard them in Australia in 1828-9 and commented: "It was not a terrestrial sound although it might have resembled a discharge of heavy artillery." The 'Thunderer' has also been heard in the U.S.A., Ireland, Britain, and many other countries. In Haiti, Kolosimo says it produced "superstitious terror." It is reasonable to suspect that there may be a connection between the "thunderbird" of Amerindian folklore, the thundering god Taranis of the Celts, the Barisal Guns, and U.F.O phenomena."
Please all people hearing these sounds go outside and look UP!!!! This noise is nothing new, but still unexplained and very interesting. Check out my sig link for my experience.....They are coming back, again and again.........
edit on 29-3-2012 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for posting this, Nitro. Makes me want to check out the MUFON database and check for UFO reports!!

VB

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
On the topic of government projects, I had no idea this was in Wisconsin. It's far north of Clintonville, so not saying it's related but when I see ELFs when I'm researching quakes, I'm compelled to click.

Searched it and see that people are mentioning this in relation to Clintonville. Used to be a Navy testing site, which some people say they are unsure if it's still in use, and some saying it closed in 2004. Makes me wonder how many old military sites are hiding in our national forests. This one's in Clam Lake, WI.

Project Sanguine would have made use of some two-fifths of Wisconsin in the construction of a giant ELF transmitter capable of being heard all over the world. A committee set up to investigate possible biological effects vetoed the concept. A new variant, Project Seafarer, was next proposed. Again, the system was halted. Finally, Project ELF was approved and can now broadcast at frequencies between 30 Hz to 300 Hz.

Project ELF, which became operational in 1989, consists of two transmitters, one near Clam Lake in Northern Wisconsin, and the other at Republic, in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. (Actually, Michigan’s antenna intersection is located east of Republic, while the transmitter site is in the Gwinn area nearby, with no settlements of any size between the two towns.)

Several residents claim to hear the "Taos Hum,” a low, grumbling noise on the threshold of audibility. The hum is so named because it first received massive publicity in 1990 when it became "loud" in the New Mexico area around Taos. Soon many other people started reporting that they also could hear the “Taos Hum" worldwide.

article
Navy Clam Lake
Toas hum
edit on 3/29/2012 by SpaceJ because: add link

Also, don't they use ELFs to search for mineral locations?
edit on 3/29/2012 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
hello..

I'm living in Kingston Upon Hull, Yorkshire, England for about 11 years
in 2010 i heard this very same strange sounds.

in fact its very intriguing to me is a world wide phenomenon whit no credible explanation.

here is the links for the news off 2010 in my region --->

www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk...

and a video in here from this strange siren last year --->

www.sott.net...

ps: i did not heard the siren sound personally just heard friends and people talking about it and found this video..

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ovumcranium
reply to post by oby3000

You do realize how badly that stuff permanently damages your brain?

I tested kids with significant cognitive impairment after just one or two tries - no recovery either. Maybe try a cup o' coffee instead??

nahhh I too have undertook this endeavor, and I argue the opposite!

I was able to obtain a college degree for F's sake, hold a job for years, and pay my taxes every year, (whether I like it or not lol)

I only feel smarter and more open minded. Sorry, friend

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

That would be cool, do you need a special lens for filming Angels?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join