It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Sounds and Louder Booms return to Clintonville Wisconsin (Mar 27, 2012)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
well yall may be onto something with the bunkers, maybe maybe not

as officials admitted the tremors in GA were from dynamite blasts:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

over there, at least.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
This phenomena is far from new. From the book "The Dragon and the Disc" by Ted Holiday copyright 1973 pg. 124 "On 24 December 1964, Roger Rump, the head postmaster of Warminster, was awakened by a pounding on the roof of his house. He described it as a terrific clatter, as though all the tiles were being smashed. Dozens of other people complained of bangs, droning and explosions during the same period. U.F.O'S were widely reported and were believed to produce the sounds. An unexplained "thundering phenomena" does indeed occur. The first modern observation seems to have been provided by Colonel Godwin Austin who heard inexplicable detonations in the air in the spring of 1865 in Bhutan. A further description was supplied in 1895 by Colonel H.S. Olcott from the Barisal and Chalmari regions of the Brahmaputra. The sounds came to be known as the "Barisal Guns." Charles Sturt, discoverer of the Darling and Murray rivers, heard them in Australia in 1828-9 and commented: "It was not a terrestrial sound although it might have resembled a discharge of heavy artillery." The 'Thunderer' has also been heard in the U.S.A., Ireland, Britain, and many other countries. In Haiti, Kolosimo says it produced "superstitious terror." It is reasonable to suspect that there may be a connection between the "thunderbird" of Amerindian folklore, the thundering god Taranis of the Celts, the Barisal Guns, and U.F.O phenomena."
Please all people hearing these sounds go outside and look UP!!!! This noise is nothing new, but still unexplained and very interesting. Check out my sig link for my experience.....They are coming back, again and again.........
edit on 29-3-2012 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Those booms are drills and TNT from the very deep
the ground is a special rock hard enought to protect the bunker
its because of the soil that its a perfect place for a bunker

the more 2012 approach
the more the elites are drilling bunker in secret
near each towns

hope those bunkers will be for the population if needed
they shouldnt hide it from the public
people will need to run into those bunkers ASAP when TSHTF

I can accept this theory, because it sounds like explosions deep within. But on the practical side, what would be the use of having underground tunnels? If we were to have something happen, such as a huge asteroid or a pole shift event. I don't see how tunnels would protect someone then, unless they are expecting nuclear war.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by renegade1179

Originally posted by renegade1179
I wish the residents of Clintonville would Google "video camera," buy a video camera, read the operation manual, and then put those skills to use at capturing the rumbling/shaking. I've searched everywhere for a recording of this happening, but nothing. If they want help getting ideas of what this could be, the rest of the world will need some more things to go on, otherwise, you're on your own Clintonville. I live in SE Wisconsin and heard rumbling in the past 2 weeks, but it was only one time and it was WAY earlier in the morning when I was waking up, and I haven't heard anything since then. 4,000+ people and not one of them has a video camera?

Exactly. I was hoping for more than just another blahblahblah. 1 guy taped one boom?
Why should they bother? Someone already told it to police and they have seen it it in news so everything's gonna be alright. Government is taking care of them. They believe thousands of scientists are working on it so no need to tape it. Fluoride... Hey, stop brushing teeth with that stuff
Now I know what they mean talking about zombie apocalypse. It's here

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Google" Nuclear Boring Machine" you will find tons of information. as my secretary is having the day off.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Someones making an underground shelter. So much paranoia last few years re 2012 doomsday scenarios and someone with large cash and/or know how, are at work making a new "home" underground.

The fastest and easiest way to excavate, within a budget, is to blast ones way through.

The only reason it stopped was so the person/s took the time to remove the debris from their last blasting.. give it a few days and the boom will stop again due to needing time to clear out the shelter of the new debris.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I agree with everything but the last part.. those who are investing are investing in the future.. they do not care about humanity or others.. they are building it for themselves and those who will help them in the future.. rest of mankind are just taking up space and resources.. dog eat dog world.

I understand your benign outlook.. but unfortunately in the real world.. its who can be on top.. and for those making these bunkers, they are not in it for us.. but for a select chosen few.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
On this past Tuesday morning at about 8:45, my mother told me that she heard what sounded like "thunder, then a car crash, but it just kept going on and on". Regrettably, I did not hear the sounds, but we both live in the North Georgia mountains. I know it's a far cry from Wisconsin, but I figured it would be nice to give whatever info I could. I'm almost certain that this phenomenon is the same as what the OP and countless other people across the world have witnessed.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Every time I hear about this topic I can't help but think of this. "Cracking an Eggshell"

edit on 28/3/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

Dude... I been mulling that over for the longest time. Kinda startin to think there might be some fact in there.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
FINALLY found a recording. I can't believe this is the only one.

Skip to 3 minutes and about 48 seconds.

edit on 29/3/12 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zinky
I'm following all this from the West Side of Chicago. We're not too far away, and this may affect us too.

For what it's worth - the last few days here - the air has smelled strongly of chemicals. Sim to Acetone or 'Crazy Glue'.

Probably unrelated, probably some kind of dumping - but - who knows?

We're keeping an eye out here, stay safe everyone in Wisconsin!

Oh - I just thought of something else - doesn't Fermilab have seismic equip that monitors this whole area? I was told once that their equip can pick up ground movement in all the near states. I don't know how to find this info, maybe someone else can look at their site - see if they can find any info and compare it to what the WI Geologists have. What about Argonne labs, also?

(Note on the above - I did look at the Fermilab site, I can't seem to find this info. Punched in 'earthquakes' as a search - but this brought up a bunch of Google results and various papers. I do not know how to find their recent seismic data. Maybe someone better versed at these things can try.)

I had made a thread about this yesterday... there's some awesome theories regarding sand mines, etc. Not my own, but pretty fleshed out and detailed. Check it out, fellow illioisian

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I found this on wikipedia by typing in Richter Scale. Invented in 1935, even though the scale was 1-10, they only had seismographs capable of reading 3 and above. Now check this out: The smallest earthquakes that could be recorded and located at the time were of magnitude 3, approximately. However, the Richter scale has no lower limit, and sensitive modern seismographs now routinely record quakes with negative magnitudes.

NEGATIVE MAGNITUDES? So wouldn't "Micro-Quakes" have a positive magnitude? Haha silly geologists

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

Why is that?!?

All of these people call 911 and not one of them owns a video camera or smart phone?

I don't know but I just can't wrap my mind around it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Good job on recording, I don't buy the Earthquake explanation. There is too much speculation.

It reminds me of the police waving off people around a crime scene or accident

"Nothing to see here, keep moving along".

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I don't know if this matters but they say it's been a lot warmer than usual.

www.fox11online.com...

Averaging 15 degrees above normal.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I live in West Central Minnesota and last night I was watching the news and they did a story on this subject. They referred to a news story from 1993, and showed news footage from this same type of thing happening in Graceville, Minnesota. The people they spoke to on camera described it the same way as the people in Wisconsin are now, a loud boom. They even used a lot of the same descriptions to describe the boom. They also reported at that time that it was an earthquake.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

It has been a lot warmer here in Minnesota too. Strangely so. We have upper 70's forecast for this weekend. I was walking around my yard yesterday-I live in the country and have a large yard-and the lowest section of my property that borders a farm field that fills with water every spring is dry to the bone. The ground has huge dry cracks all along a row of trees I have. I've haven't seen that before. I've lived here for 17 years. Last spring and early summer the flooding was so bad that roads were washed out and our basement had a foot of water in it, when we haven't had it in years despite many wet springs with lots of flooding. It seemed some time in August last year the weather took a 180 degree turn and it has been incredibly dry since then. We had very little snow this winter, I think my husband plowed once and that has never happened. Don't know if there is a connection, but it has struck me as strange.

edit on 29-3-2012 by saoirse33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I grew up in a mining town and there were always mine blasts. One guy informed the guy out there that there was once supposed to be a mine out there. Maybe they were mine blasts Then again maybe they weren't really mine blasts where I lived. They called a little earthquake a mind blast in the early nineteen hundreds because everyone was used to mine blasts. Trouble is a mine blast is small and localized and it was heard all over the keewenaw peninsula.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

The problem with the mine theory imo is the government would know if a new mine opened or an old mine restarted. If not wouldn't one of the mine employees connect the dots? Never know though.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

i think the thing with fracking is that it's so new there aren't yet a lot of regulations. i'm not so sure the government knows were each and every fracking and sand mine is. you would think there would have to be permits and such but we all know how big money makers don't like to follow the rules.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join