It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Sounds and Louder Booms return to Clintonville Wisconsin (Mar 27, 2012)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

The boom in that video sounds like cannon fire.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

en.wikipedia.org...

Whilst trying to find an answer to a new style mystery, the above does spell out one way in which strange sounds can occur...... As Scientist perhaps experiment ??? Also found lines of interest while seeking replies to 'Neutrino Sonic Booms', during underground experiments.
Possible no use ??? But how do we find eventual answers if we dont keep asking?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Part of me wants to believe that the sound is the New Madrid Fault getting ready to pop it would be a huge movement and would need time and space to vent enormous pressures. Or it could be the Army trying to release pressure deep underground, kinda like making a crumple zone to give earth space to flex when it does come...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm following all this from the West Side of Chicago. We're not too far away, and this may affect us too.

For what it's worth - the last few days here - the air has smelled strongly of chemicals. Sim to Acetone or 'Crazy Glue'.

Probably unrelated, probably some kind of dumping - but - who knows?

We're keeping an eye out here, stay safe everyone in Wisconsin!

Oh - I just thought of something else - doesn't Fermilab have seismic equip that monitors this whole area? I was told once that their equip can pick up ground movement in all the near states. I don't know how to find this info, maybe someone else can look at their site - see if they can find any info and compare it to what the WI Geologists have. What about Argonne labs, also?

(Note on the above - I did look at the Fermilab site, I can't seem to find this info. Punched in 'earthquakes' as a search - but this brought up a bunch of Google results and various papers. I do not know how to find their recent seismic data. Maybe someone better versed at these things can try.)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This phenomenon is going the same way as the "fireworks" that caused the massive bird kills. They're trying to justify these noises as being "common" just like the massive "common" wild life kills, massive fish kills, frogs falling from the sky and the outrageous weather we've been having. They just hope that some of these ridiculous answers to these noises will just "stick" and people will go on there merry way and stop asking questions.

Personally, I think the general public is just not privy to the real reasons all these coincidental and rare things that are happening lately.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I came across this blog while searching for updates....www.bluecheddar.net...

The guy is from WI and actually went to Clintonville and investigated for himself.

Nothing really new but an interesting first hand account.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Im about 20 minutes away from Milwaukee and the pot on my stove started shaking lightly. It lasted about 30 seconds or so.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hey guys here is another update.......

...not much new but the guy did ask why it happens so much more at night.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by eywadevotee

Tonight or last night?

Did you hear anything? Try to keep us updated.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It could still be earthquake related, the area might be heating up.

But why isn't it being picked up?

At least one resident who lives near a hotspot claims they have been going on for a year.

Either way, if it's still going on next week I'm hoping in the car and heading there. I have some pretty decent recording equipment from my days working at Radio Shack in college, I'd love to catch some of these booms.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

This is a strange case.

1. Happens more at night? (Maybe or maybe not)
2. The seismograph didn't pick it up but some said it seemed louder and lasted longer.
3. Only 1 audio recording. (Maybe or maybe not) It seems to me there should be a lot more recordings of this.

I don't know but the whole thing seems strange.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

This is a strange case.

2. The seismograph didn't pick it up but some said it seemed louder and lasted longer.
3. Only 1 audio recording. (Maybe or maybe not) It seems to me there should be a lot more recordings of this.

I know sound can do some amazing things under the right conditions. Three years ago my wife and I were relaxing by the fire at the family cabin and we heard every word 3 fishermen said in a boat almost a mile away. They weren't talking loud, just normal conversation. I know how far away the boat was because they were fishing a spot I knew very well. The conditions that night were just right. I've had to yell to get the kids to understand me on the raft, and that's only 75 feet off the dock.

I'm wondering if something isn't going on with the atmosphere that is creating conditions that allow sounds to travel long distnces.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
These quakes are Nocturnal. They prefer to be awake at night. During the day nobody would get scared either, it's more fun to interrupt people trying to sleep,

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
First off, I am no scientist.

Could the earthquakes happening more at night be affected by the moons gravitational pull? The way the moon affects the tide, it stands to reason that it could affect the earth, or possibly some water beneath the earth. Just a hypothesis on my part though. Cool thread.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Sounds good to me. cheaper than hiring an expensive research firm to make things up

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

This is a strange case.

Here is a thread in which about 4 or 5 of us all east coast hearing strange sky sounds it's about 7 short posts long..

I think if somehow the moon was related that this would always happen at night. It's my guess.

In the thread I mentioned wanting to record it, but I didn't record it.

I don't want to rule out quakes or new madrid fault doing something, but I just don't know what it is...
edit on 3/28/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/28/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
First off, I am no scientist.

Could the earthquakes happening more at night be affected by the moons gravitational pull? The way the moon affects the tide, it stands to reason that it could affect the earth, or possibly some water beneath the earth. Just a hypothesis on my part though. Cool thread.

I was thinking the same thing.
To me it makes a lot of sense.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Tunneling. The tunnel will eventually be bigger than 2 b52's wing tip to wing tip.

FACT!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Folks that are saying noise pollution drowning out booms during th day need to reread the press releases. Then they can try to surmise from actual facts.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This made me smile...www.homefacts.com...

The largest earthquake within 100 miles of Clintonville, Wisconsin was a 0 Magnitude in .

I don't know how accurate the information is but I think it needs to be updated. It says it uses data from the USGS database.

edit on 28-3-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join