It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is matter? No one knows.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

im not saying those things are controlled,,,, im just saying, the universe exists with the amount of galaxies and planets and life and who knows what else,,,,, just on this planet alone all of what you know has occured,, the many types of diverse life and the many number of things people can do and have done,,,, out of all the things random chaotic energy can manifest abstractly into,, it is this universe we exist in and of,,, its just so complex and works so well,, theres so much of it,, theres so many people on this planet who live their life and gather experience as themselves and produce and feel,,, this life, whatever we are, is able to forge a formula for energy to behave in time,, i dont think its controlled,,, but i do think there are concepts and ideas and patterns, that are mirrored and prevalent throughout the creation,,,. like reality, everything about bio logical life is refracted onto human history and culture and what they drive for,,,, biological animals are a work of art, and science,,, there ability to exist and function smoothly,, the realness of existing,,,, i dont think its controlled,,, but i do think there is method to the madness

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Matter is the slowed down form of light energy. It is vibrating so slowly therefore it is dense and it can push against other slowed down matter. Perhaps that is just the way it is.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Matter is the slowed down form of light energy. It is vibrating so slowly therefore it is dense and it can push against other slowed down matter. Perhaps that is just the way it is.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
This universe had a beginning and it will have an end.

Why should whatever created this universe be immune from such cycles?

Energy is neither created nor destroyed.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7
reply to post by smithjustinb

matter, the actual stuff of the universe, is made up of quantum foam. Little bubbles in a superconductive superfluid with perfectly elastic properties.
So you have tiny foam bubbles that are Plank length in diameter, and they are all trying to expand into the vacuum of space at the same time. The universe is expanding. So then these bubbles combine to make larger bubbles until you get an atomic nucleus. Now depending on the state that nucleus is in, such as is it resisting expansion because it is a bubble under heavy pressure? You see each atom, exists in a slot. The periodic table of elements. Its atomic weight.

That's all well and good, and I don't disagree, but it STILL does not answer my question. What are the bubbles? I'm not asking what they look like, or how they behave, or what their mass is. I'm asking "what are they?"

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I think you might be asking too much of us mere mortals.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I keep asking myself now...what is it...what are they too!

Maybe matter is nothing more than a projection of the human brain...??

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
No one knows because matter does not exsisst.Although you can pick up an apple or bump your head on a wall..Everything we peceive includeing us is made up of atoms.What we remefer to as mattter. Atoms are full of enmpty space.But also many many more weird things electrons qarks protons. An all off thease are made of .teeeeny weeeny vibrarin waves of pure energy some sorte of low volrage electricity is my besrt geuse.An all of this atuff is moveing at or nearr the speed of light.So when your eyes see an airfan turned of .Youd happily put your fingerthrough the gaps beetwwen ther baldes as you know there in mostly empty space.If the fan was turned on an the fan whirling about theres no way youd place your finger into the mostly empty space.Things that feel solid an real to us hust move an vibrate an an incredible speed.They apear as solid to our own vibrating stuff.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecossiepossie
No one knows because matter does not exsisst.Although you can pick up an apple or bump your head on a wall..Everything we peceive includeing us is made up of atoms.What we remefer to as mattter. Atoms are full of enmpty space.But also many many more weird things electrons qarks protons. An all off thease are made of .teeeeny weeeny vibrarin waves of pure energy some sorte of low volrage electricity is my besrt geuse.An all of this atuff is moveing at or nearr the speed of light.So when your eyes see an airfan turned of .Youd happily put your fingerthrough the gaps beetwwen ther baldes as you know there in mostly empty space.If the fan was turned on an the fan whirling about theres no way youd place your finger into the mostly empty space.Things that feel solid an real to us hust move an vibrate an an incredible speed.They apear as solid to our own vibrating stuff.

Vibrations of what? Quantum foam made up of what? 1d strings of what? Massive clumps of what? Everyone seems to be missing the point of my inquiry.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

It is you that is vibrating and the vibrations are seen by you.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by timerty

How does slowing something down make it more dense? Are we saying light is frozen matter? Than what is the light that let's us see matter? hahahaha

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
In here at 3:50:

Thats one way of looking at it.

I like to think of scale. Suns are a lot bigger than us and have longer life spans. Their lifetime is longer. We are smaller and live a shorter life span. The ant is even smaller, has even shorter life span and more condensed energy. You can step on an ant and it might survive. On our scale it can pick up a 400 lb. rock and run 30 mph with it. An atom is even smaller. The bonds that keep it together are even stronger. It moves even faster. The distance between atoms is comparable to the distance between suns on our scale. If you could stand on an electron in orbit around its sun (nucleus) the night sky would be filled with atoms (other suns) at about the same distance as they are in the night sky. Valence bonds are like gravity. It is all a matter of scale. That could lead to a further unification of some laws could it not? That the weak and strong force as applied to atoms is akin to the force of gravity of suns and planets? Just a matter of scale?

This is a dumb theory I have had forever with no proof and I am not theoretical scientist so someone tell me why its stupid.
Makes as much sence as enything Ive heard.They say anything that has size bends matter. the more tiny Something has its immune from gravity or it has versy little effect on it .So tiny things are impervious to gravity an can laugh at it with immpunnity.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by ecossiepossie

Vibrations of what? Quantum foam made up of what? 1d strings of what? Massive clumps of what? Everyone seems to be missing the point of my inquiry.

I'm not and this is the only message of yours I've read! Point well taken.

We know that there is no substance to any of it. the nomenclature itself is a condensed nothingness. the "whatness" is the source of the non-actuality of it.

But these non-existent hands keep banging into these non-existent keys on the keyboard. Biding my time, acting confused until Truth slams into time based non-reality and puts an end to it.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

This universe had a beginning and it will have an end.

Why should whatever created this universe be immune from such cycles?

Energy is neither created nor destroyed.

yes things that don't exist have many non-characteristics in the context of Reality.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soulece

Originally posted by rwfresh
reply to post by intrptr

It's not dumb. It's obvious! Just remember though.. it's all relative here inside the reflection of a hologram hahaha

if we're in a hologram how do we feel? holograms are computer generated to simulate. But a simulator cannot portray the difnitive answer such as the pain from breaking a bone. It will always be missing an element when comparing it to reality. Reality and hologram are two different things. If it is a hologram, then whatever is making the hologram is reality.
edit on 29-3-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

You got it. Reality and a hologram are two different things. One Real and the other.. well not real. Hologram is a bad label for nothing. But that's why i said a reflection of a hologram. Which is also inaccurate.. but slightly more accurate in that it removes some of the substance associated with a hologram. Not enough though. We, this, are not actual.

We are not Reality.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by jiggerj

But did you say a state of absolute nothing cannot exist?

does this allow you to believe that, if absolute nothing exists ( wherever the universe is existing) the natural progression/state/action/activity/event/ is for an incomprehensible amount of energy and force and orchestration from the microest quantom level to the macroest galactic level to come into existence,, and exist,,, this is normal,, this is what should happen given the "conditions",, this happens "on its own",, yet " none of it is in control",,,,

You make it sound like this universe and everything in it had to have been planned, with some type of intelligence in control. All we have to do is look around us to see the randomness of it all. One day the ocean is calm, the next day it has ten foot waves, the next day a tsunami... Though we can now understand what causes such conditions it by no means implies that someone is in control of it. Does someone deliberately manipulate the wind? Lightning? Volcanoes? Why would it be any different for the creation of the universe?

randomness? delusion. Give me an example of something random. Actually.. don't bother. Just go read about it on wikipedia. It does not exist in Reality.. doesn't exist in non-reality either.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

That's all well and good, and I don't disagree, but it STILL does not answer my question. What are the bubbles? I'm not asking what they look like, or how they behave, or what their mass is. I'm asking "what are they?"

Imagine you have a bell jar in front of you. And you put some fluid in that jar, and you evacuate the jar. You create a vacuum. The expanding marshmallow examp

So the fluid is an eternal fluid for the sake of argument, just as Einstein posited perfect elasticity for the walls of atoms. Since that describes that nature of atoms in Brownian Motion. And we can say that the big bang, split the liquid like a sheet, and caused bubbles to form. And they do not have to have air in them, because inside there may be a partial vacuum or a complete vacuum. Outside the bubble is a vacuum. The vacuum of space on that quantum level. The level of one bubble of quantum foam.

Lets imagine it is a balloon that we can stand on and we paint a ruler on the side of it. And we stand on it and it is expanding, and so is the ruler. We measure it with the ruler, and see no difference in size. So when everything is expanding together in the universe, you cannot feel it, and you cannot tell except if you are standing on a planet, and it is pushing up on your feet as it expands.

Now at one point there were only two people alive who understand that. Later more people found ways to assimilate that knowledge. Many people had speculated about similar prior to relativity, but it takes a bit of thinking to see how space-time works. So, I can simplify it. A pulsating bubble we call an atom is there in free space, and it is sending out a spherical wave as it pulses and that wave has a wave crest.
It crests at the electron radius and that is where we can measure it as an electron. That spherical wave stopped in time, is an electron shell. The heavier the atom, the stronger that wave, hence we say more electrons.

So you see, if a heavy element is sitting in a gravity well, unable to expand as other lighter atoms, it is sending out stronger waves. EM waves which travel at the speed of light. Now seeing as how if you prevent a group of those atoms from expanding, by exploding explosives around them, they will go nuclear.
The universe wants to expand, and if you try to stop even one portion, it will explode like a supernova on a small scale. Which is what a nuclear explosion is. more info here

So the skin on those bubbles, that fluid is some kind of special fluid to be sure.
But, E=mc2 where E is KINETIC energy, which is force. Not electricity. The amount of energy or work or explosion you can get out of mass or 'matter', is equal to mc2. But to squash a single quantum foam bubble, requires the pressure of an exploding super-massive black hole. Then a bunch can get squished.
Otherwise there isn't anything that can contain them and squish them. In a supernova all that does is make larger bubbles under more pressure to expand, which means heavier elements. If you transmute an element you just need to bump it deeper into its gravity well or out of it to the next stable slot.
It will on its own often transmute over time to a different element. reference
If you create Einstein Bose Condensate by cooling a group of atoms you can make them into one big atom, and even bleed all the mass energy out of it, until like a bubble that you have drained with a straw, it becomes one with the background. As it does, just like the surface tension on a bubble has that last little bit of kinetic energy, and it slaps against the surface, so does the atom, when bled dry. And you can predict and measure that last bit of momentum. So to say we do not know what matter is, would be incorrect.
We do know what matter is. Maybe not everyone knows, but then each have their own special fields of knowledge I suppose.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
So I gave you the physical explanation and I could go to extremes for weeks and weeks talking about it and explaining it in finer detail, and include all sorts of math if it was necessary. But math of course plays an important part.

So bridging the physical with the metaphysical, is the math. And we have studied the math as humans (and others,) and I will show you what the sum total of our knowledge looks like, by showing the database of mathematicians through history, which contains their bio, and what they created,´discovered, etc.

Index of biographies

So you have a universe, that is filled with foam, and the pressure of expansion, is a fixed rate. It may be increasing but it does so in a steady predictable manner. Then you have the properties of the liquid and the properties of the foam, which are steady, and so then you just have a set of values, that anything can exist at, within this universe, since it is functioning in a regular predictable way. And so the math becomes important as each part of the system, is governed by the properties of the base reality and its consistency.

So lets call that the stage. And it is a computer system. This particular galaxy, is being projected by the galactic mainframe. It is projecting the atoms, the quantum foam, and it is running a computer program, which makes the stage. Now if you want proof, well, I can`t take you there. I can show you a picture of it, it is in the background of the painting the Glorification of the Eucharist circa 1600. The old painting with sputnik like thing.
Painting Thats the moon not sputnik and under it in the background the mainframe.

And I know you will say, sounds like woo woo talk and it is, since almost no one knows that and it is sooo above top secret. But I know at least 3 people in there and they have sent me emails, by imprinting them on the planets surface, so ye shall doubt no more...
Say hello to my friends in the galactic mainframe. (One has a cone head, so try not to stare.)
as seen from space

And then that galactic mainframe is inside the universal mainframe. And it is similar but larger.
And then outside of that, is either a bigger one, like in a multi-verse, or God.
Its very difficult to say that God is not the universal mainframe. But its possible that God made it.
If God exists in a physical universe, and was created by it, lets say by some switches of any kind coming together to form a cpu and then grew until it was conscious. Thats a possibility.
This is a huge subject, but the fact is that without some kind of permanent liquid, you do not get quantum foam, and hence no universe, unless you merely write code in the universal mainframe and say, let there be light etc.
And it will follow these math rules etc.

edit on 30-3-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

can anything be created or exist, that is not composed of atoms?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join