It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is matter? No one knows.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by Rocketman7

I kind of just asked because i was wondering if it is possible for man to physically create something without using atoms,,

Would magnifying light count? I don't know if atoms are involved when we magnify and focus lightwaves to burn a hole through a piece of paper.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by rwfresh

Wow! Good job in keeping with the topic. You just verbally vomited a whole bunch of nothing there. Wow! When you talk about proof of an afterlife are you talking about near death experiences where the oxygen depletion in the brain causes weird dreams? Gawd I hope not.
edit on 4/1/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/1/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Another ignorant parishioner proselytizing from the pews of the Church of Science! Have fun!

Another adult child that goes around saying, JUST BELIEVE WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER! MAGIC IS REAL! WOOD NYMPHS AND UNICORNS ARE REAL! JUST BELIEVE IT!

What is it that i asked you to believe in cap locks? Where? Let's discuss. You are a smart guy right? So let's take the time and get to the bottom of this. If you want to name call i will win. Without a doubt. Your only protection will be your absolute ignorance. But before we go there, let's discuss. So what kind of unicorn am i asking you to believe in?

Do you believe in quarks? Let's get into the details of the experimental proof you have personally conducted and concluded. Are you a mathematician? Let's get into this. Should be interesting.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I kind of just asked because i was wondering if it is possible for man to physically create something without using atoms,,

Would magnifying light count? I don't know if atoms are involved when we magnify and focus lightwaves to burn a hole through a piece of paper.

Magnify light? Seriously? Magnify light? Please excuse my last message. honestly. forget about it.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Man cannot create anything physical without atoms because atoms are part of the definition of things physical. Atoms and the void. I know I sound overly scientific and analytical but you have to be very careful in this subject or else it can spawn wild theories that run through the scientific community and lead people down the garden path.

For instance ever heard of Michelson and Morley?

They wanted to see if light which was bounced off of mirrors, would be affected by the direction of the earth with regards to the sun. They hoped to prove or disprove that the ether would affect light by measuring the light from the sun when the earth is in different places, going towards or away etc.

But the most fundamental property of light is that it has no mass. And under no circumstances if it has no mass, could it have inertia of any kind. There can be no inertia, no plowing through the quantum foam, if it has no mass.

The reason things can go the speed of light is because they have no mass. No thing with mass can attain the speed of light because its mass becomes infinite and requires infinite energy to get it to go faster as you approach c.

So here they are measuring light, to see what effect the ether will have on it, but it can't affect it, since it travels at c and has no mass. It goes right through at any angle without resistance.
That does not disprove an ether. It is in fact rather silly to think that the light should have been affected even if the Luminiferous aether was made of jello.

Now every minute of every day someone on earth is talking about the Michelson Morley experiments and not once do they stop and think for themselves hey, light has no mass. What is there then to actually affect if it has no mass it has no substance. It is a wave. A wave in the ether. It just has no resistance moving through the ether because light has no mass.

Now Einstein showed that light bent around the sun. Because it is affected by gravity. And so what then is affected by gravity if light has no mass? The medium the light is traveling in. You curve the medium, the light curves with it.

You see these are fundamentals of the real world and yet people totally are mislead by the first, and most get lost trying to understand how the second could ever be true.

So even when people study science all their lives, they can find out things were wrong at any time.
Plate tectonics took a long time to get accepted as truth and as far as we know its wrong.
Darwinian evolution has been preached for 100 years and recent evidence pretty much proves its wrong.
In the 50's people thought that there was life on other planets in our solar system.
Now we are more skeptical since we know more about physics and space travel.

Nothing with mass can attain the speed of light, and there are no wormholes, that theory is incomplete.
The force of the universe is equal to the force being used as it expands. And the amount of force is universal.
And so if you tried to open a wormhole, you need to be able to go against the expanding force of the universe.

Since the tensile strength of the ether fluid, is almost equal to the expansive force of the universe.
And you need to tear a hole in the fabric of space-time to make a wormhole, and then once inside, guess what, your rockets fire but there is no quantum foam to push against, so you have no inertia, and you don't move.

And then there is no ambient pressure outside your craft, and so you explode into the wormhole perfect vacuum and your energy becomes homogeneous through it and registers as a very tiny blip one time on a background radiation monitor in heaven. For a brief moment.

edit on 1-4-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
"Now Einstein showed that light bent around the sun. Because it is affected by gravity. And so what then is affected by gravity if light has no mass? The medium the light is traveling in. You curve the medium, the light curves with it. "

couldnt the bend or curve, also be caused by the movement of the earth/the movement of the instrument observing the light?

also this is light from stars beyond our sun,,, the light from those stars bends around our sun?

edit on 1-4-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Let me give you something to ponder regarding light curving around the sun.

Now people think that gravity is like a magnet, but its not. Does it sound so far like people have a lot of mixed ideas about reality and physics because they do.

So gravity is not a magnet, and so light is not attracted to the sun, like it was a magnet. And so the light follows a a path and curves around the sun as the medium it travels in, space-time (the ether) curves because space-time curves near massive bodies.

And so if we put circles around the sun, the circles get closer together as they approach the sun.

So thats the curvature and it is curved like that because the sun and the universe is expanding. So then here is the interesting part, although light traveling at 90 degrees to the ether is not affected, it seems to have to follow a path when it curves around the sun.

And the reason it curves is because the universe is expanding. So this bit of knowledge, in a way represents the current ability for man to be able to comprehend because there are many in the population who can't comprehend that because their neural network or something is not sufficiently evolved or perhaps trained or practiced enough to allow them to think in 4 dimensions.

But to truly understand reality and the real physical world, and relativity gives people a pretty good explanation of how things work, but to truly understand the implied story that it tells but is kept secret, you need to be able to think in 4 dimensions. And maybe because it is conceptually difficult to understand Einstein didn't elaborate on the meaning of things he just stuck to basics. And I am sure that it is not that people don't try hard to understand, they just are not wired in such a way as to be able to understand because to represent it in their brain, they need a type of construct, that they just don't have. At least not yet.

So they use a rubber sheet analogy, and try to conceptualize it using only 3 dimensions.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Ok so let me add one more point. Because some people do not have the wiring to be able to think in 4 dimensions their view of the world is bound to be different from those who can, but wait, there's a 5th dimension as well, and not only is there a 5th dimension, but many people are as aware of it, as the rest are of their 3.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

why cant those who easily understand the way of reality/physical universe, explain to those who arent as superioir and blessed? so physicists know exactly what happened? the big bang is true, and they understand reality? why are there any problems on earth then, why dont we all work together and live in peace and cooperate and innovate,,,

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Vibrations of what? Quantum foam made up of what? 1d strings of what? Massive clumps of what? Everyone seems to be missing the point of my inquiry.

LOL I don't think we're missing the point. You want to lead us to an answer of a god, and it just doesn't fit. It's not reasonable. Just as you've been asking what is an atom, what is quantum foam, a god would still qualify as a Something that should make you obligated to ask what is a god made of.

There's nothing wrong with asking that.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Not sure if trolling or... doesn't matter, for some reason I feel compelled to explain this to you.

By "magnifying light" I assume you are refering to the act of using a magnifying glass to focus light. The concave shape of the magnifying glass causes the light which passes through it to converge on a point (focal point). At this point there is sufficient heat to induce combustion in (burn) paper, which is a chemical reaction. In a chemical reaction, molecules (structures made of atoms) break apart and bond to form other molecules. The molecules of the paper change into ash and smoke. No atoms are created or destroyed, they merely change position.
edit on 3/4/2012 by Glass because: derped on one word

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass

Not sure if trolling or... doesn't matter, for some reason I feel compelled to explain this to you.

By "magnifying light" I assume you are refering to the act of using a magnifying glass to focus light. The concave shape of the magnifying glass causes the light which passes through it to converge on a point (focal point). At this point there is sufficient heat to induce combustion in (burn) paper, which is a chemical reaction. In a chemical reaction, molecules (structures made of atoms) break apart and bond to form other molecules. The molecules of the paper change into ash and smoke. No atoms are created or destroyed, they merely change position.
edit on 3/4/2012 by Glass because: derped on one word
WOULD THIS BE SOME KIND OF NEW FANGLED MAGNIFYING GLASSS MADE FROM SOMETHING OTHER THAN atoms?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

why cant those who easily understand the way of reality/physical universe, explain to those who arent as superioir and blessed? so physicists know exactly what happened? the big bang is true, and they understand reality? why are there any problems on earth then, why dont we all work together and live in peace and cooperate and innovate,,,
Because thease people dont exsist. Theres not one person on the planet alive or dead or yet to be born whom could easilty explain things such as the workings of the universe Its reason for existance and or how it all came into being. Youd get as much sence asking a single celled amomeba to explain Einsteins theory of realativity.It couldnt an neither can we ever hope to explain reality as we perseive it.But thease Theoretical PHYSICISTS. no a good gig when they get one an love those grant moneys that can fill there pockets an let them build big expensive toys like particle acceleraters ect Did you know theve even built a particle accelerater underneath the Lourve in Paris.Wish I could get my hands on some of that theoretical grant money .The moneys real B T Y an the theorys are just conjecture.Id like about 5 billion pounds to study my theory that we all live in a yellow submarine.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7
Ok so let me add one more point. Because some people do not have the wiring to be able to think in 4 dimensions their view of the world is bound to be different from those who can, but wait, there's a 5th dimension as well, and not only is there a 5th dimension, but many people are as aware of it, as the rest are of their 3.
.Acording to M THEORY OR MEMBRAIN THEORY THERE ARE 10 DIMENSIONS, or 9 if you discount time as being a dimension. Both M theory an supersring theoey say there must be at least 10 dimensions. An some radical grant scroungers otherwise known as theoretical Pysicisits postulate there an infinite amount of dimensions an also universes.Give me a couple of million euros an I shall think on this an publish a paper or even write a thesis.Or get my long legged secretery to print it up for me.Hey why do your own work with that kind of money you can hire minions to do all the hard work.Im the ideas man oops a mean theory man.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Matter exists because life has to exist in this universe. If there is no matter and energy there is no life. Matter does not really give a hoot about our existence.
So we are typically just a bunch of weird creatures with no real meaning of existence. Matter paved way for life to exist. So either it was meant to be this way or everything is a stupid accident with no real meaning. But we are yet to see a perfect accident such as this.

Sometimes I get a striking idea- what if this physical universe is a sort of remnant or opposite of something more insane and complex called the spiritual realm?

What is matter really? Something that makes life sustainable?!

edit on 15-4-2012 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2012 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join