It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Christian response to the Trayvon Martin and Zimmerman tragedy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I don't know what happened. I wasn't there to witness it. Were they both at fault? Was only one at fault? The only people that can answer these questions are Zimmerman and the witness. Was it racially motivated? Only Zimmerman can answer that question. What I do know is that NONE of the rest of us should be pointing fingers, slandering, name calling, or slinging racial slurs at one another. It's a horrible tragedy on both sides. Parents, loved ones, a community, and friends are mourning the loss of a child. Zimmerman has to live with the fact that he took a life for the rest of his, guilty or innocent of whatever he is accused of. Zimmerman's family, friends, and community are suffering through this as well. It's just horrible all the way around, but we make it worse by choosing sides without all the facts and without being privy to the actual incident. All of us have our opinions, but if they are based on emotions, anger, and hate then they aren't going to help the situation or the people involved in this tragedy. Our emotions will only hurt those people more. We need to be in prayer for those people who are suffering right now, not at each others throats and making this worse by indulging ourselves in conversations that point fingers and place blame. Conversation can be helpful if it is done respectfully, prayerfully, and considers all sides and the possiblities that the situation may not be as black and white as thought to be. And our conversations don't necessarily have to fix anything. Our conversations should bring us to the understanding that we make mistakes, sometimes horrible mistakes. So whether Zimmerman or Trayvon or both were at fault, we should be in prayer about the whole situation remembering the losses by both families and let this be a lesson in how we live our lives and how our decisions, actions, and attitudes affect all those around us. God Bless.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog
I don't know what happened. I wasn't there to witness it. Were they both at fault? Was only one at fault? The only people that can answer these questions are Zimmerman and the witness. Was it racially motivated? Only Zimmerman can answer that question. What I do know is that NONE of the rest of us should be pointing fingers, slandering, name calling, or slinging racial slurs at one another. It's a horrible tragedy on both sides. Parents, loved ones, a community, and friends are mourning the loss of a child. Zimmerman has to live with the fact that he took a life for the rest of his, guilty or innocent of whatever he is accused of. Zimmerman's family, friends, and community are suffering through this as well. It's just horrible all the way around, but we make it worse by choosing sides without all the facts and without being privy to the actual incident. All of us have our opinions, but if they are based on emotions, anger, and hate then they aren't going to help the situation or the people involved in this tragedy. Our emotions will only hurt those people more. We need to be in prayer for those people who are suffering right now, not at each others throats and making this worse by indulging ourselves in conversations that point fingers and place blame. Conversation can be helpful if it is done respectfully, prayerfully, and considers all sides and the possiblities that the situation may not be as black and white as thought to be. And our conversations don't necessarily have to fix anything. Our conversations should bring us to the understanding that we make mistakes, sometimes horrible mistakes. So whether Zimmerman or Trayvon or both were at fault, we should be in prayer about the whole situation remembering the losses by both families and let this be a lesson in how we live our lives and how our decisions, actions, and attitudes affect all those around us. God Bless.

This whole fiasco has done nothing but polarize the masses and fan the flames of hatred and distrust.

What makes me sick is how people who have chosen to support Zimmerman's defense have gone out of their way to demonize and smear Martin. Martin may not have been a saint, but smearing his name after his death is just wrong in so many ways.

Alternately, those supporting Martin have gone out of their way to turn this into a race war, which I remain skeptical of.

This story remains extremely toxic, but like KONY2012 last week, it will soon be replaced by tomorrows next big rage.

new topics

join