It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God/Jesus does not know sex and reproduction, he is not fit to dictate it’s laws.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by SisyphusRide

They were removed because you posted 3 times when you could have included it in one post. One line sentences usually aren't allowed on ATS unless you are responding to someone.

I agree that loving the same sex is unnatural. Our bodies were designed the way they are for a reason. Homosexuality is a perversion of which many have convinced themselves that its some how 'normal'. But ultimately God is the judge and he decides what is morally good and what is morally wrong.

In 1 Corinthians 6:9 it says: Or do you not know that the unrighteous will nott inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality.

Homosexuality is nothing more than a sexual lust, of which we should not indulge. Perversions can be cured by loving God and realizing that it hurts God when we do such things against his will.

their truth is a lie to me so I am aggressive to it... Our leaders on all levels are totally sending the wrong message out to people with this issue. This is not Rome, we've been here before in history.

I do not like seeing it approved and I have to voice my opinion where I can... the last 3 years have been so totally belly-up for America.

Lady Liberty has lost her way...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Things that we take in and accept at an intellectual level as passable certainly look a bit different and more realistic when using street language.

www.youtube.com...

This just shows how God contradicts his own laws about sex.
If you have a bible near you, you can look up all the quotes yourself from the video.
It will creep you out.

Regards
DL

edit on 31-3-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

reply to post by smyleegrl

I grew up in a agnostic family, of which none of my family were Christians. I later became a born again Christian at age 20 when God revealed the truth to me and I finally woke up to reality. Just because they couldn't answer your questions, doesn't mean the questions weren't out there. It just means you wasn't looking hard enough or studying the Bible. It really doesn't matter what you believe about homosexuality, the bible is clear on the issue. If your not a Christian then I wouldn't expect you to believe it. If you searched hard enough for the questions you seeked, then you would have found them. I know I did by looking online. But ultimately to find truth we must first humble our hearts and through God's grace his word shall be revealed to us. Jesus is truth, he claimed to be the truth, and he said if we seek we shall find and if we knock he shall answer. I can only pray that one day you seek God with all your heart and become a Christian as you was never one to begin with. If we are true followers of Christ our faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm. We will not fall away simply because we don't have an answer for something or we are going through a bad period in our lives.
edit on 30-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Wow. Your entire post managed to be condescending and insulting at the same time.

I've sought God my entire life. I've spent decades studying theology, comparative religions, historical cultures, and more. I won a full scholarship to Oxford University to study religious history. I've attended different denomination's churches and different religion's services. I've discussed theological tenets with countless ministers and others. And yet I've not searched hard enough? I submit my search for the truth is far more comprehensive than the average person. And the Internet was not my only source.

I've been humbled in my life. I won't discuss that here, but let's just say its happened a couple of times. And during those terrible times I called out to God. Guess what? No answer.

I won't debate this further, because it will serve no purpose except to anger us both. Good luck with your spiritual journey and may you continue to find happiness.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I've been humbled in my life. I won't discuss that here, but let's just say its happened a couple of times. And during those terrible times I called out to God. Guess what? No answer.

If you think about it, the fact that you called out to God proves that you believe in God somewhat. That's what I determined about myself a few years ago. Intellectually I was an atheist, but I realized I would still call to God. So I finally decided I needed to acknowledge my belief in God and live accordingly - even if it was merely the result of childhood brainwashing. And after going to church a couple of years, I got discouraged and quit. So it's up and down. That's the way it is for most people whether they admit it to themselves or not.
edit on 31-3-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

If you think about it, the fact that you called out to God proves that you believe in God somewhat. That's what I determined about myself a few years ago. Intellectually I was an atheist, but I realized I would still call to God. So I finally decided I needed to acknowledge my belief in God and live accordingly - even if it was merely the result of childhood brainwashing. And after going to church a couple of years, I got discouraged and quit. So it's up and down. That's the way it is for most people whether they admit it to themselves or not.

Which God was you believing in? The devil? The Bible says the devil is the God of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4), did you ask Jesus to come into your life? The fact the you think you was being brainwashed as a child shows you was never a believer in the first place. The Bible says those who replace God with there own intellect are fools (Psalm 53:1) (Romans 1:22) (Matthew 24:24).

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Well I really wasn't trying to be insulting, I am sorry you took it that way. If you had searched hard enough you would have found the answers you seek. I wonder what they were. Maybe God did answer, just not in the way you wanted him to, was you expecting a miraculous sign? Jesus says "If you keep on seeking, you will find, if you keep on knocking, the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7) Did you ask Jesus to come into your life with all your heart, confess your sins and ask to be forgiven? God doesn't usually answers prayers of a unrepentant sinner unless they have invited him and accepted his gift of salvation. I can only hope one day you turn back to God and seek him diligently and become born again.
edit on 31-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

Which God was you believing in? The devil? The Bible says the devil is the God of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4), did you ask Jesus to come into your life? The fact the you think you was being brainwashed as a child shows you was never a believer in the first place. The Bible says those who replace God with there own intellect are fools (Psalm 53:1) (Romans 1:22) (Matthew 24:24).

RevelationGeneration, what are you trying to accomplish with your posts?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I can only hope one day you turn back to God and seek him diligently and become born again.

]

This bishop prefers that we grow up. Being born again just makes you a child.
Why do you fear thinking like an adult?

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL
edit on 2-4-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Well I really wasn't trying to be insulting, I am sorry you took it that way. If you had searched hard enough you would have found the answers you seek. I wonder what they were. Maybe God did answer, just not in the way you wanted him to, was you expecting a miraculous sign? Jesus says "If you keep on seeking, you will find, if you keep on knocking, the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7) Did you ask Jesus to come into your life with all your heart, confess your sins and ask to be forgiven? God doesn't usually answers prayers of a unrepentant sinner unless they have invited him and accepted his gift of salvation. I can only hope one day you turn back to God and seek him diligently and become born again.]

This is the reason I quit going to church. "Sorry you spent all that time searching, you couldn't have been serious about your search bc God would have given you the answer."

The absolute audacity astounds me.

BTW, I consider myself agnostic... Which means I'm open to all logical arguments. Sadly, what you've shared simply isn't logical.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Well I really wasn't trying to be insulting, I am sorry you took it that way. If you had searched hard enough you would have found the answers you seek. I wonder what they were. Maybe God did answer, just not in the way you wanted him to, was you expecting a miraculous sign? Jesus says "If you keep on seeking, you will find, if you keep on knocking, the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7) Did you ask Jesus to come into your life with all your heart, confess your sins and ask to be forgiven? God doesn't usually answers prayers of a unrepentant sinner unless they have invited him and accepted his gift of salvation. I can only hope one day you turn back to God and seek him diligently and become born again.]

This is the reason I quit going to church. "Sorry you spent all that time searching, you couldn't have been serious about your search bc God would have given you the answer."

The absolute audacity astounds me.

BTW, I consider myself agnostic... Which means I'm open to all logical arguments. Sadly, what you've shared simply isn't logical.

For myself, I know that it's not about believing, because I can't think of anything I could learn or experience that would make me certain of anything. I could see Moses part the Red Sea and a month or two later I would doubt it happened.

So I decided I agree with certain religious ideals and I want to try to practice those ideals sometimes. I don't care about gaining enlightenment or salvation or any of that.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
No mental growth is mental stagnation.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I was told so many times, "Doubt means you have no faith. You've just got to believe.".
If the ideology in question cannot withstand logical consideration, then it simply is not worth considering further.

What kind of God would create a rational person, then punish said person for having doubts?

I like what Socrates had to say:

"The unexamined life is not worth living."

Preach it, Mr. Hemlock.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

What I have shared with you is the truth. If you shun the truth then I cannot help you, its like trying to show a blind person how to lead. Your intellectual prejudice against the Bible will get you no where. If you want to talk about logic then stop blindly believing in evolution and all that other crap. There is nothing wrong with having doubts, but if your not seeking answers for those doubts then you do not have true faith. Seek truth and your questions about God and Jesus shall be answered. Many people have gone from being atheists to born again Christians when they actually examined the evidence for themselves.

What kind of God would create a rational person, then punish said person for having doubts?

Why do you try and put words in Gods mouth? That is not what the Bible says at all. Why make things up?
edit on 3-4-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

What I have shared with you is the truth. If you shun the truth then I cannot help you, its like trying to show a blind person how to lead. Your intellectual prejudice against the Bible will get you no where. If you want to talk about logic then stop blindly believing in evolution and all that other crap. There is nothing wrong with having doubts, but if your not seeking answers for those doubts then you do not have true faith. Seek truth and your questions about God and Jesus shall be answered. Many people have gone from being atheists to born again Christians when they actually examined the evidence for themselves.

Why do you try and put words in Gods mouth? That is not what the Bible says at all. Why make things up?
edit on 3-4-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)[/

Put words in God's mouth?
You know what, I could cite numerous scriptural references that clearly show my contention, but this will get us nowhere. So I bid you goodbye, and I am very sincere when I wish you continued happiness in your faith. extra DIV

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I was told so many times, "Doubt means you have no faith. You've just got to believe.".
If the ideology in question cannot withstand logical consideration, then it simply is not worth considering further.

I like what Socrates had to say:

"The unexamined life is not worth living."

Preach it, Mr. Hemlock.

+ 1

What you say is even in scriptures that tell believers to question all concepts before accepting them.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

edit on 3-4-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

It is absolutely what the bible says and we know this by the way your God dealt with Adam and Eve the moment they sought the knowledge that would make them like Gods.
God's own words. Read them sometime. It is clearly written.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join