It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God/Jesus does not know sex and reproduction, he is not fit to dictate it’s laws.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
[

No balancing act at all. The second question I posed was rhetorical in nature. Man cannot assign human conditions and limitations on a deity; it makes no sense.Omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence are concepts that man cannot fully wrap his head around, regardless of how intelligent he believes himself. We, as humans need to experience in order to have a frame of reference- not God.

All the attributes you give God are assumptions and opinion, not fact.
All hearsay written by men with agendas.

Unless of course you have a fact or two to show how you can fathom the bible God that the bible says is unfathomable.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Not to get metaphysical on you but every supposed fact has to originate from an educated assumption. Every fact needs a point of reference to proceed from. Show me a fact or two about ANYTHING that has not originated from some grand assumption. There is none. So if my point of reference is that I believe a God exists (a grand assumption) then there must be some attributes of this deity. Where do I find written attributes- scripture. This can evolve into a debate about science and faith but that has been done myriad times to no avail. The bottom line is- belief in God - the point of reference is faith. Take it or leave it. That is every persons choice.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Jesus never needed to repent because he was a sinless man born of a virgin.
edit on 30-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
Gay Marriage is all about the sexsexsex

There is no such thing as a 'gay marriage' in reality as marriage is defined by God and not by man.

However I would agree that gay relationships are fruitless and nothing good can come of them.

P.S you did not need to spam 3 times though, one post would have been adequate.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

But how do you know what you believe really is reality?

I find it funny how atheists trying to dictate what is real and what's not.

According to relativism their is no reality. One thing can be true for one person, and not true for another.

Talk about making no logical sense...

Once you can prove the Bible is fantasy, then maybe you will have an argument.

Until then you offer nothing more than your hate filled ramblings, which most people find incredibly dry.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

However I would agree that gay relationships are fruitless and nothing good can come of them.

Normally I agree with most of your posts, but I can't agree to this statement.

I have a dear friend who is a lesbian. She recently became engaged to her partner. Her happiness is beautiful to see.

Happiness is a good thing.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
Gay Marriage is all about the sexsexsex

There is no such thing as a 'gay marriage' in reality as marriage is defined by God and not by man.

P.S you did not need to spam 3 times though, one post would have been adequate.

thanks...

that wasn't spam and I did not realize the words were so far removed from the topic to warrant a censor... but I am a bit handicapped so it comes out like that sometimes, I have a habit of responding directly at titles of threads (brain works with a bunch of patchwork)

I was trying to say the reason God does not define sexuality is because we obviously have it... Lust and Envy and all those things were not in his plan for us though. His plan was to show us how to use our sexuality and conceive in love, to procreate a child between a woman and a man. This can't be done via same sex and even if they can sometime in the future then it will still be against-christ, against-life & against-nature.

I also noticed the similarities with the nephilim and it all came to me in a row like that... could have edited my first deleted post to reflect this and will pause a minute next time.

edit on 30-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

I have a dear friend who is a lesbian. She recently became engaged to her partner. Her happiness is beautiful to see.

And how long will that happiness last? The Bible says nothing good can come from that which is evil.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

And how long will that happiness last? The Bible says nothing good can come from that which is evil.

Why consider homosexuality evil? I find that bizarre. Is homosexuality evil because it doesn't fit your interpretation of the Bible?

Not everyone considers the Bible an authoritative source.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

They were removed because you posted 3 times when you could have included it in one post. One line sentences usually aren't allowed on ATS unless you are responding to someone.

I agree that loving the same sex is unnatural. Our bodies were designed the way they are for a reason. Homosexuality is a perversion of which many have convinced themselves that its some how 'normal'. But ultimately God is the judge and he decides what is morally good and what is morally wrong.

In 1 Corinthians 6:9 it says: Or do you not know that the unrighteous will nott inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality.

Homosexuality is nothing more than a sexual lust, of which we should not indulge. Perversions can be cured by loving God and realizing that it hurts God when we do such things against his will.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Why consider homosexuality evil? I find that bizarre. Is homosexuality evil because it doesn't fit your interpretation of the Bible?

it is... it is what it leads to, impulsive nature that ends up coming out on our children and there is just nothing good that can come of it... we have to think ahead.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

And before I knew Christ the Bible was not my final authority ether. Once we know the truth, the truth will set us free. I know it did for me, I praise God for helping me see the light at the age of 20. I trust what the bible says about the issue of homosexuality. Its not my interpretation, its what the scriptures say. The bible also says we should not act on impulse or feelings, as they can deceive and mislead us. Everything we do should be for the glory of God and not for ourselves. Jesus says if we want to be his disciple, we must deny ourselves and follow him. This includes our sexual urges and desires. What we give up in this life, we will be rewarded in heaven.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I don't have kids nor am I married.. relationship of over a decade though, I was a kid once...

homosexuals may wonder why they get bashed (think about this) some kids remember or want to go back and crush their aggressors. But Jesus and the good book tells us how to deal with this and that is to never support their perversion and work on bettering ourselves as a human race.

violence begets violence.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I grew up in a conservative Christian family and it was wonderful. My church had an active children's and youth ministry. My church did a lot of good things in our community, and I felt blessed to participate.

As I grew older, I began to take a hard look at Christianity. I had lots of questions that dealt with fundamental tenets of Christianity. I started questioning everyone I could, trying to find answers. No one offered real answers.

In college I majored in theology and minored in religious history. And the more I learned, the more I realized my questions couldn't be answered. After studying the history of the bible, I came to the conclusion that the bible is not an infallible document.

I don't know where my spiritual journey will lead me. But my viewpoint is valid, as is yours.

I don't believe homosexuality is evil.

We won't agree on this issue, obviously. And I do not want to argue with you. Your faith is sincere, so we will just have to respectfully disagree

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I grew up in a agnostic family, of which none of my family were Christians. I later became a born again Christian at age 20 when God revealed the truth to me and I finally woke up to reality. Just because they couldn't answer your questions, doesn't mean the questions weren't out there. It just means you wasn't looking hard enough or studying the Bible. It really doesn't matter what you believe about homosexuality, the bible is clear on the issue. If your not a Christian then I wouldn't expect you to believe it. If you searched hard enough for the questions you seeked, then you would have found them. I know I did by looking online. But ultimately to find truth we must first humble our hearts and through God's grace his word shall be revealed to us. Jesus is truth, he claimed to be the truth, and he said if we seek we shall find and if we knock he shall answer. I can only pray that one day you seek God with all your heart and become a Christian as you was never one to begin with. If we are true followers of Christ our faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm. We will not fall away simply because we don't have an answer for something or we are going through a bad period in our lives.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

reply to post by smyleegrl

I grew up in a agnostic family, of which none of my family were Christians. I later became a born again Christian at age 20 when God revealed the truth to me and I finally woke up to reality. Just because they couldn't answer your questions, doesn't mean the questions weren't out there. It just means you wasn't looking hard enough or studying the Bible. It really doesn't matter what you believe about homosexuality, the bible is clear on the issue. If your not a Christian then I wouldn't expect you to believe it. If you searched hard enough for the questions you seeked, then you would have found them. I know I did by looking online. But ultimately to find truth we must first humble our hearts and through God's grace his word shall be revealed to us. Jesus is truth, he claimed to be the truth, and he said if we seek we shall find and if we knock he shall answer. I can only pray that one day you seek God with all your heart and become a Christian as you was never one to begin with. If we are true followers of Christ our faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm. We will not fall away simply because we don't have an answer for something or we are going through a bad period in our lives.

Everybody is different. Here is a link to an article about the frequent times when Mother Teresa did not have faith.
Mother Teresa's Doubts

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

I never said we don't have doubts. Christians will always have hooks to hang there doubts, but what is a doubt? All it is is a feeling. The bible tells us to not rely on our feelings because they can be deceiving. I have doubts sometimes, but I don't let them consume me. I know what I believe and that will not change (so help me God). When I see something in the world that causes me to doubt (not often), I meditate, study the word. God replaces those doubts with joy, remembering what Christ did for me on the cross. He is my rock and I shall not be moved by mans philosophies or theories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join