It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God/Jesus does not know sex and reproduction, he is not fit to dictate it’s laws.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Against my better judgement, I am going to try and do this...

If God/Jesus does not know sex and reproduction, he is not fit to dictate it’s laws. - How can you say God does not know sex? He knows everything there is to know and much more than we could fathom. Do you know the definition of Omniscience and Omnipotence?

If God/Jesus, does not know of man’s sexuality, then he has no right or just claim to dictate our sexual conduct. He does not have the skill set or knowledge required to judge. No carnal desires, no wife, no pure born children, no chemical reaction in his brain, or sexual desire for a wife without reproduction being the reason. - God/Jesus DOES know of mans sexuality, so he DOES have the right to dictate our sexual conduct. He is not dictating our sexual conduct anyways....the Bible just provides a guideline of what you could do to have a fruitful life. If everybody waited till marriage to have sex, we'd have a lot less (or none) teen pregnancys, AIDS, HIV, etc etc. Most people don't though....including myself. I am no saint, i'm a sinner.

God/Jesus’ only opportunity to learn of man’s sexuality is through Mary, his mother. If God does know of our sexuality then it can only be through incest. There is also the issue of bestiality. Jesus and God are not of our species. - You'r saying God has to learn. Again, this goes against a basic fundamental principal of what God is. An omniscient Being has no need to learn - It has already learned all there is to learn, and more.

God cannot know of the desires that men and women have in terms of sex. He cannot know the forces at work. These forces are mostly all chemical and physical. That means that God cannot know what penalties to assign to the various desires that are acted upon by man’s instincts. God would not know if those instincts can be denied or not or when a normal healthy desire crosses the line to insanity. - You're limiting God. When you say "God cannot", automatically you're wrong. Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Should man’s sexual laws be dictated by a Jesus/God who cannot know what sex for humans is all about?
- I believe the laws of the United States of America regarding sexual conduct are pretty much spot on. Why are you so worried about laws written by God anyways if you're not going to obey them in the first place?

Regards
DL

Okay, there, I tried. I hope this suffices.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
OP is trolling for stars and flags.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Well done. You logically and eloquently answered each question raised, and did so with the upmost respect.

I've reread the op a few more times, and I do think the tone of the post was inflammatory and accusatory. It's obviously offensive to some, and may have been written with that goal in mind. Or maybe not, who knows.

Nevertheless, kudos to you for your willingness to share your viewpoint.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
OP is trolling for stars and flags.

Maybe so, or maybe this is the OP's way of trying to reach out, and God's way of testing us to see if we are mature yet.

Did anyone try and understand the OP's process of thinking? What led him to thinking the way he does? You assume that he is being condescending, while i see the same condescending undertone in the retorts.

We can only accomplish so much, God will do the rest. What kind of seeds have you guys planted that would show the light and love of Christ to a future believer that we have experienced?
edit on 28-3-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyesontheskies

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Greatest I am

Do you know what the definition of being "omniscient" is...? Or did you fail to use any of your God given brain when making this topic... I find your assertions rather insulting to my faith.
edit on 28-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

I think it was SUPPOSED to be insulting to your faith.

Some folks still don't know that bullets bounce off rocks huh?

Interesting.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by Iason321

Well done. You logically and eloquently answered each question raised, and did so with the upmost respect.

I've reread the op a few more times, and I do think the tone of the post was inflammatory and accusatory. It's obviously offensive to some, and may have been written with that goal in mind. Or maybe not, who knows.

Nevertheless, kudos to you for your willingness to share your viewpoint.

If you're unsure still about op's motive go to their profile and look at all the thread's they have authored here.

Proof is in the pudding they always say.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threegirls

Do you know what? I was thinking just recently that Jesus would have had to experience a 'full' life with normal relationships in order to truly appreciate what the human experience really is.

This is only really a problem for conventional Christians though because personal I think that God 'experiences' everything through all of us. Consciousness is God, kind of thing. No, I am not saying we are all seperate 'all powerful' Gods, but that we are all part of God. One energy based life form in many constituent entities, like water is water wherever it is.

Just a thought

A good one and logically sound.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Who says Jesus wasn't married? That he never fathered children?

I know, nothing in the Bible mentions a wife or children. But remember, the books in the Bible have bee chosen by people...and interpreted by people. We humans have a habit of getting things wrong...."lost in translation," so to speak.

The current religious traditions don't recognize Jesus as a sexual creature. There's something puritanical about this, but the reason involves the folks who decided sex was a four letter word.

If you examine the cultural history of Christianity, you'll notice the view of how to thoughts change. Priests had to be celibate. Why? Because all sex is bad. Sex is directly tied into temptation, corruption, sin....so only abstinence or sex with a spouse is allowable. And according to the church, sex was only to be used for procreation. Period.

This viewpoint also resulted in women being considered evil temptresses, weak-minded and inferior to men. For an interesting read along this line, check out the Malleus Maleficarum.

Personally, if God exists and if God created us....then God knows all about sex. And I don't think God is quite as prudish as some would lead us to believe.

Well put.

If God does exist and is the bible God then I would not say he is prudish at all.
I mean, another man's woman, bestiality and or incest. No prudishness there for sure but much inappropriate actions for a God.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
What sex law are you asking about ....peace

Any and all laws. Married or not, single or or gay, including divorce.

When mythical God gave mankind dominion here, he gave up any rights he had to rule or punish.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kalki11
Take your statement to the logical conclusion - no DIVINE SAVIOR can be a leader of men until he has been one, Jesus suffered, no doubt, so I give him credence.

The range of human suffering is great but usually comes back to being in the flesh (a discarnate entity has no nerve endings and no ignorance to allow for physical or mental pain.)

I wouldn't "follow" anybody that could not empathize with me, divine or not.
edit on 28-3-2012 by Kalki11 because: edit

Wise.

Jesus as a man can. Jesus as a man/God cannot. He would never feel the sting of repentance.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Do you know what the definition of being "omniscient" is...? Or did you fail to use any of your God given brain when making this topic... I find your assertions rather insulting to my faith.
edit on 28-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

I find faith insulting to any thinking person.

Do you know what all-powerful means?

Since this is a O P on sex, it means that your God is not all-powerful or amni anything since he is not powerful enough to reproduce true and can only do half breed chimeras after coveting another man's woman.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
How can we know if Jesus experienced the feelings associated with love for a potential mate or not? Just because He was not married does not disqualify Him, I believe.
One would have to assume by the OP premise that you would have to partake of something in order to be an authority on the subject. But I submit that Jesus never sinned and yet He can dictate the "rules" of sin and repentance. How could Jesus possibly know what is involved in the process of repentance, in turning away from one's sin, without actually having ever sinned? I believe that Jesus was tempted in the area of sexual sin but He overcame this particular temptation as well as all others.

Strange. You give Omnimax Jesus powers and knowledge of what he never experienced, sex, while stating that he has limits of knowledge in repentance.

Quite the balancing act.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyesontheskies

Considering that God created sex i think he knows quite a bit about it. All he asks is to wait for marriage, and that isnt that hard.

If God created the tools for sex, why did he put nipples on both men and women?
A rather dumb move.
As for waiting for marriage, did you?

In the Christian nation of the U S you might check the stats on how many children and teens are sexually active before marriage.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

What you're trying to say is an Omniscient Being is not truly Omniscient.

I do not degrade God. This thread fails.

You do not know God as well as I do.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by smyleegrl

I just read his post again and I'm stumped. I don't know how to respond to someone who has such a skewed perception of what God is.

He's talking about God like hes a person. You can't ascribe personality traits to the Being.

Also his post is incredibly disrespectful and condescending.

I'm sorry, his post is just too ludicrous to even address each thing he wrote individually.

I will KIS for you.

Who has dominion here?
Scriptures say that God gave it to mankind.

If so, he lost the right to command and punish.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

:

I have a question above for you.

As to this quote, is it possible for God to reproduce without using a human female and since he is not of our species, is that not bestiality?

If God can do anything, then why did he choose to have his own son murdered for the forgiveness of sin when he could just as easily ----- and more morally ---- found another way?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

:

I have a question above for you.

As to this quote, is it possible for God to reproduce without using a human female and since he is not of our species, is that not bestiality?

If God can do anything, then why did he choose to have his own son murdered for the forgiveness of sin when he could just as easily ----- and more morally ---- found another way?

Regards
DL

Man, WOW.

You have a SERIOUSLY skewed idea of reality....wow, where to start...

You said "is it possible for God to reproduce without using a human female" - Well, he DID use a human female to conceieve the Christ.... I'm not sure what you're asking here. And this goes back again to basic fundamentals of what God is - what are you not getting about Omnipotence? Do you not understand what that means? It means he is ALL powerful. Any super power you can imagine, any thought you can imagine, any thing any person on earth can possibly imagine, God has already imagined thousands of years ago and since the beginning of time.

He is not our species, but we are of Him. He is not a "species" so to speak anyways. A species implies it originates from this earth. God is not of this earth, he is not even of this universe. He exists outside of our dimensions of time, space and matter.... "Species" a class of individuals having some common characteristics or qualities; distinct sort or kind.
Biology . the major subdivision of a genus or subgenus, regarded as the basic category of biological classification, composed of related individuals that resemble one another, are able to breed among themselves, but are not able to breed with members of another species.

You're limiting God again.

And bestiality? Seriously? Do you know the definition of bestiality? Let me give it to you, since I have to explain so many basic fundamental concepts to you...

Bestiality: 1.
brutish or beastly character or behavior; beastliness.
indulgence in beastlike appetites, instincts, impulses, etc.
an instance of bestial character or behavior.
sexual relations between a person and an animal; sodomy.

God is not capable of commiting bestiality since He is not a being of this world.

And God chose to do things because He chose to do things the way He wanted. Who are you to question God? Who am I to question God? Hath thou no faith that this is all part of a bigger plan? His plans are bigger and greater then anything our puny minds can fathom.....

I sincerely hope and pray you are being serious, and just very very confused about these things.....
Or maybe you're just trolling and I'm feeding into it,hook line and sinker.....

Or you are insanely delusional, and nuts....
edit on 3/29/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by micmerci
How can we know if Jesus experienced the feelings associated with love for a potential mate or not? Just because He was not married does not disqualify Him, I believe.
One would have to assume by the OP premise that you would have to partake of something in order to be an authority on the subject. But I submit that Jesus never sinned and yet He can dictate the "rules" of sin and repentance. How could Jesus possibly know what is involved in the process of repentance, in turning away from one's sin, without actually having ever sinned? I believe that Jesus was tempted in the area of sexual sin but He overcame this particular temptation as well as all others.

Strange. You give Omnimax Jesus powers and knowledge of what he never experienced, sex, while stating that he has limits of knowledge in repentance.

Quite the balancing act.

Regards
DL

No balancing act at all. The second question I posed was rhetorical in nature. Man cannot assign human conditions and limitations on a deity; it makes no sense.Omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence are concepts that man cannot fully wrap his head around, regardless of how intelligent he believes himself. We, as humans need to experience in order to have a frame of reference- not God.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

"A god that's small enough to fit in our head is NOT nearly big enough to meet our need."

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Or you are insanely delusional, and nuts....
edit on 3/29/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

Who is more likely to be nuts?

One who believes the reality around him?
Or,
One who believes in fantasy, miracles and magic, talking animals and an invisible God ?

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join