It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God/Jesus does not know sex and reproduction, he is not fit to dictate it’s laws.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
If God/Jesus does not know sex and reproduction, he is not fit to dictate it’s laws.

If God/Jesus, does not know of man’s sexuality, then he has no right or just claim to dictate our sexual conduct. He does not have the skill set or knowledge required to judge. No carnal desires, no wife, no pure born children, no chemical reaction in his brain, or sexual desire for a wife without reproduction being the reason.

God/Jesus’ only opportunity to learn of man’s sexuality is through Mary, his mother. If God does know of our sexuality then it can only be through incest. There is also the issue of bestiality. Jesus and God are not of our species.

God cannot know of the desires that men and women have in terms of sex. He cannot know the forces at work. These forces are mostly all chemical and physical. That means that God cannot know what penalties to assign to the various desires that are acted upon by man’s instincts. God would not know if those instincts can be denied or not or when a normal healthy desire crosses the line to insanity.

Should man’s sexual laws be dictated by a Jesus/God who cannot know what sex for humans is all about?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Do you know what? I was thinking just recently that Jesus would have had to experience a 'full' life with normal relationships in order to truly appreciate what the human experience really is.

This is only really a problem for conventional Christians though because personal I think that God 'experiences' everything through all of us. Consciousness is God, kind of thing. No, I am not saying we are all seperate 'all powerful' Gods, but that we are all part of God. One energy based life form in many constituent entities, like water is water wherever it is.

Just a thought

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

i fully agree but i can forsee alot of "god knows all" and people quoting bible verses

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Who says Jesus wasn't married? That he never fathered children?

I know, nothing in the Bible mentions a wife or children. But remember, the books in the Bible have bee chosen by people...and interpreted by people. We humans have a habit of getting things wrong...."lost in translation," so to speak.

The current religious traditions don't recognize Jesus as a sexual creature. There's something puritanical about this, but the reason involves the folks who decided sex was a four letter word.

If you examine the cultural history of Christianity, you'll notice the view of how to thoughts change. Priests had to be celibate. Why? Because all sex is bad. Sex is directly tied into temptation, corruption, sin....so only abstinence or sex with a spouse is allowable. And according to the church, sex was only to be used for procreation. Period.

This viewpoint also resulted in women being considered evil temptresses, weak-minded and inferior to men. For an interesting read along this line, check out the Malleus Maleficarum.

Personally, if God exists and if God created us....then God knows all about sex. And I don't think God is quite as prudish as some would lead us to believe.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
What sex law are you asking about ....peace

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Take your statement to the logical conclusion - no DIVINE SAVIOR can be a leader of men until he has been one, Jesus suffered, no doubt, so I give him credence.

The range of human suffering is great but usually comes back to being in the flesh (a discarnate entity has no nerve endings and no ignorance to allow for physical or mental pain.)

I wouldn't "follow" anybody that could not empathize with me, divine or not.
edit on 28-3-2012 by Kalki11 because: edit

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Do not post about subjects that you have no knowledge of!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Do you know what the definition of being "omniscient" is...? Or did you fail to use any of your God given brain when making this topic... I find your assertions rather insulting to my faith.
edit on 28-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudDutch
Do not post about subjects that you have no knowledge of!

Care to elaborate?
2nd

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

ummmm......you do realize that if He really does exist, then he created all of the "functions" that you described, and therefore, would know of them more than we do. Your logic is about as sound as a russian warehouse rack (look it up). It's like saying the designer of a building doesn't know what "beam A" is there for. I mean, come on man, at least put in some effort before denouncing something that you quite obviously have no understanding of. You view God from the eyes of religion (man's ATTEMPT to understand that which we will never understand), not spirituality. That is your first failing among many, sir. Need I go through the list?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
How can we know if Jesus experienced the feelings associated with love for a potential mate or not? Just because He was not married does not disqualify Him, I believe.
One would have to assume by the OP premise that you would have to partake of something in order to be an authority on the subject. But I submit that Jesus never sinned and yet He can dictate the "rules" of sin and repentance. How could Jesus possibly know what is involved in the process of repentance, in turning away from one's sin, without actually having ever sinned? I believe that Jesus was tempted in the area of sexual sin but He overcame this particular temptation as well as all others.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Well....Jesus was a man so his knowledge on this matter is not in question. God (assuming, for the sake of the argument that He exists), however is a so-called omniscient being who, in the POV of the OP, has no understanding of something that He himself created. The sheer asininity of it just blows my mind.
edit on 28/3/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

youre right.
teleports and timegates shouldnt be used for law commanding just cuz youre god even though LOVING is the only commandment since he IS god...but like so whatever...skibbet.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Considering that God created sex i think he knows quite a bit about it. All he asks is to wait for marriage, and that isnt that hard.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Do you know what the definition of being "omniscient" is...? Or did you fail to use any of your God given brain when making this topic... I find your assertions rather insulting to my faith.
edit on 28-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

I think it was SUPPOSED to be insulting to your faith.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

What you're trying to say is an Omniscient Being is not truly Omniscient.

I do not degrade God. This thread fails.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

What you're trying to say is an Omniscient Being is not truly Omniscient.

I do not degrade God. This thread fails.

I really don't think that's the point the OP is trying to make.

In most churches, the subject of Jesus having a sex life is absolutely taboo. Who would dare to insinuate such a thing?

The OP is simply considering a point he or she never considered before. Instead of dismissing a very valid question, why not participate in the discussion? I'm sure you've got some valuable insights to share.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I will read his post more thoroughly and try to address his post more in depth in a short while.

Gotta go take care of some things right now though

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

I will read his post more thoroughly and try to address his post more in depth in a short while.

Gotta go take care of some things right now though

Can't wait to read your response!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I just read his post again and I'm stumped. I don't know how to respond to someone who has such a skewed perception of what God is.

He's talking about God like hes a person. You can't ascribe personality traits to the Being.

Also his post is incredibly disrespectful and condescending.

I'm sorry, his post is just too ludicrous to even address each thing he wrote individually.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join