It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says nuclear talks to resume on April 13

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Iran says nuclear talks to resume on April 13

Long-stalled talks between Iran and world powers are to be revived on April 13 at a place yet to be agreed, Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi announced on Wednesday.

"The date has been set, but the negotiations for the venue are still ongoing," Salehi told AFP.

The talks carry hopes of defusing a tense international showdown over Iran's nuclear activities that has sent oil prices soaring.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28/3/2012 by BigBruddah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
If you take a look at the article, you can see that there is a tension rising between Turkey and Iran over the 'nukes' and Turkey playing a part in forming a missile shield.

This has led to Turkey not competely committing to either side of this conflict and if they don't choose soon, they may be the ultimate loser, although this is a worst case scenario, I would put my money on them staying with NATO for the time being.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

www.ndtv.com...

news.yahoo.com...

www.nytimes.com...

Sorry I copied the wrong link originally, there's a few more.
Also, I searched and couldn't find another related thread, if there is maybe its another reason to give it an overhaul.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'm confused.

Hasn't the CIA, Mossad, the IAEA, ISIS, Iran, the US Secretary of Defense, and pretty much every other sane person on the planet stated that Iran does not have, and isn't developing nuclear weapons?

Is this just about their secrecy regarding their enrichment facilities? Wouldn't you be secretive if your scientists were being killed? Where is all the publicity regarding Israel's lack of cooperation involving the IAEA, NPT, etc.? I'm just surprised this is still news.

ETA: Not saying all the agencies/people are sane.

edit on 28-3-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

That was my belief too, until the article said the tension between Turkey and Iran was due to the missile shield being built in Turkey. Not sure if this is going to have any good outcome for Iran unless another superpower backs Iran and the US rethink their options.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The international community seams to be sending a large signal that a decline in nuclear weapons is the agenda in Korea at the moment. It seams to be one thing that the worlds military can agree on in terms of the START treaty.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Wasn't the START treaty just between Russia and the US? What would that have to do with either N. Korea or Iran?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

When I first heard the START treaty come out over a year ago, about 20 - 35 of the worlds armies agreed to unite to defend the United Nations. China was the only big army not to sign up at the time. START is the steeping stone to a united global defence force, it will take time but it is one solution to end ongoing wars and conflict.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

Turkey will stick with Nato because at one time the Europeans could not decide whether Turkey is sitting in Asia or Europe. There is even a western side and eastern side of Istanbul. It was not easy for them getting a membership in Nato but I think Turkey is having second thoughts now as Nato today is not as strong as the Nato during the "cold war" so it doesn't matter that much. Most European countries are cutting down on their military spendings due to financial crisis in Europe. Even UK is considering selling off the excess EF Typhoons it ordered to India. I hope something positive comes out from those negotiations. We do not really know what 2012 has in store for us so at least we should try to live in peace and find solutions through dialogue. Afterall.... all the nuclear possessions you have or may have would mean nothing when Nature unleashed its fury.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

True but never mind China for it was then a reclusive nation. The UN only used these army personels for peace keeping assignments only after all the mayhem had subsided. Maybe there is a clause stating that but I feel the soldiers assigned to UN duties should be authorised to put down conflicts in countries by force after repeated calls by the world body to cease fighting. That should be the way. Army personels from Muslim countries will be assigned to stop conflicts in the Mideast like Libya. Egypt and Syria. That way...there will be no cause for animosity between people of differing religious beliefs. No one can look back and say bad things about other religions. But the UN ...aahh I don't want say

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by slanteye

Peace keeping does appear to be one of the most dangerous jobs around. There is also massive political differences going on during war and trying to maintain impartial support is not easy, especially in todays interconnected world. When the UN can find consensus on how to settle a conflict it is generally not an issue, when bigger political differences are at play it is a dirty job that someone has to do. As global security does improve, the techniques and resources to more objectively asses the situation and possible solutions is improving. Don't expect too many big changes overnight as we are not quite at the end of learning the hard way.

top topics

join