It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Tax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Overheard this on tv recently after the UK's last Budget. Basically no income tax, inheritance tax, CGT or other. Instead every product or service would be subject to a tax scale. So for example food would get 10%, buying a car would get 20% etc.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Sounds like a good idea, as long as it's thought out properly, problem is though, too many vested interests

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I think it would level the field between the rich and poor in the respect that your not taxed on how much hard work you have put in only for the Govt. to take a big bite of it. More that if you want to buy it you pay tax on it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
ok do it then.

but, I want a detailed break down of where the tax goes.

If I pay VED (Vehicle Exercise Duty) or should I say 'road tax' does it go back onto the roads ?
Does it hell.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234
ok do it then.

but, I want a detailed break down of where the tax goes.

If I pay VED (Vehicle Exercise Duty) or should I say 'road tax' does it go back onto the roads ?
Does it hell.

You'll find out when you get your new annual government statement in the post in the next few weeks. lol Wonder if they'll list in there how much tax money was spent sending out the statement about where your tax money goes?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I am not sure if this is a good idea or not. I actually think this may leave the poorer worse off than direct taxation of wages. Lets face it, they wouldn't even be considering it if they didn't think it would generate them more money.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
That's how they do it in Costa Rica. No tax except big sales tax. Works fine.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
A transaction tax that is scalable depending on what industry you are in.

For example: Food Industry - 5%, Transport - 15% etc etc.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Scaled rate spending tax would increase bureaucracy and red tape, meaning less revenue for services. Flat rate would be better, more efficient, less waste.

We already pay 20%VAT on every purchase except food and children's clothing so perhaps raise it to 25% and take no income taxes from any private individual but ensure corporate profits pay a substantial percentage to the Treasury for the privilege of conducting business in this country.

Any government not able to provide services to the people and protect national borders on flat rate 20-25% spending tax topped up with corporate taxes, is not fit for purpose.

top topics

join