It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI's entrapment scheme exposed by suspect, so they grab him the very next day.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Training and arming terrorists is what the US governmemt does best

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
reply to post by gladtobehere

Let me get this straight. A FELON is arrested for illegally possessing a gun...and despite the attempts to paint him to be a dangerous terrorist, the only charges brought against him were for firing the rifle?

Where's the problem, it sounds like the system actually worked for once?

It's not like they forced this guy at gun point to fire the weapon that he cannot legally be in possession of due to the fact that he's a felon, so why did he fire it?

edit on 28-3-2012 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

Seriously? You find this okay? Yeah, he is a felon and he did possess a rifle and he got arrested for being a drug dealer, but they weren't busting him because of this, they were busting him because he sent emails out that were intercepted that accused the FBI of entrapment. They were lucky enough to be able to charage a felon with gun possession, which is funny because according to him they were asking him to buy a gun while suggesting a vacation in Pakistan for some Islamic radical training

The best part,

Yet, despite being painted in court as a dangerous radical Islamist, the only charges brought against al-Akili were for firing a rifle – which Healey said was owned by a friend – at a local shooting range almost two years ago in June 2010. Al-Akili faces the prospect of a hefty jail sentence if found guilty.

That's right, and you can't make that BS up
. Apparently you didn't read the article?

So you're defending this as what? Good detective work? A job well done? Pat on the old back? Hilarious.

edit on 28-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Well obviously the guy is an idiot for going to the gun range in the first place since he knows that he is a convicted felon and is not allowed there. So yea, they did do a great job! And I will have to say that the FBI just doesn't watch random a$$ people for the fun of it. They indeed have their reasons, even if they don't release those reasons to the general public. Also, the man sent paranoid emails saying he was being "entrapped" ...seriously? Innocent people don't send out paranoid emails to other people saying they are being set up unless they ARE feeling guilty for something. In this case it appears that he was caught, and convicted for the crimes he committed.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Also, this is the way that it is now. Due to laws like the Patriot Act and such, they can and are allowed to do these types of things without repercussions whether we like it or not. If you disagree with the policies then feel free to write your local, state congressmen and lawmakers to repeal such laws. *shrugs*

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

Well obviously the guy is an idiot for going to the gun range in the first place since he knows that he is a convicted felon and is not allowed there. So yea, they did do a great job! And I will have to say that the FBI just doesn't watch random a$$ people for the fun of it. They indeed have their reasons, even if they don't release those reasons to the general public. Also, the man sent paranoid emails saying he was being "entrapped" ...seriously? Innocent people don't send out paranoid emails to other people saying they are being set up unless they ARE feeling guilty for something. In this case it appears that he was caught, and convicted for the crimes he committed.

I can argue with you all day on why I completely disagree with you, and it will go back and forth because I'm sure you are really into believing this was valid investigative work and won't be convinced lightly. So I'm just gonna save time and say agree to disagree.

Also, this is the way that it is now. Due to laws like the Patriot Act and such, they can and are allowed to do these types of things without repercussions whether we like it or not. If you disagree with the policies then feel free to write your local, state congressmen and lawmakers to repeal such laws. *shrugs*

Who here agrees with the Patriot Act? Do you? We tried to repel it but Washington DC loves it so.

But to deny there is a good case that this man is being set up by the FBI is ignorant.

edit on 28-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I do have one question, perhaps I missed the information somehow. What caused this man to suspect the men were involved with the FBI?

Oh I don't know.. Perhaps it's because the FBI has done this hundreds of times? You do know the FBI and CIA helped carry out 9/11 right? You do know the CIA invented Al Qaeda right? You do understand humanitarian aid is just another keyword for revolution or invasion by the CIA right?
edit on 28-3-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

That's cool...see, that's why I come here, because we can agree to disagree sometimes and you can have nice debates with other people without flaming or name calling (most of the time lol) and sometimes learn a thing or two.

Personally I don't agree with the Patriot Act, I have always been a strong proponent of privacy and freedom. And is it possible that people can be set up as a "patsy" sure I believe so. Do false flags occur? I think they do more often than we know. In my opinion though, there is definitely more to this story...I mean, does the man have ties to any known terrorist cells? Possibly...there is just not enough information in the story to ascertain whether or not his "friends" are possible terrorist sympathizers. Do you know where they all spend their money? What they buy, or why? Like I said...I think there is definitely a reason that the FBI was indeed interested in this particular individual, it's not like he is a nice and sweet little 78 year old grandma from the south who has never even had so much as a traffic ticket, and bakes apple pies all day now is he?

Dang, now I want some apple pie!
Cheers!
edit on 28-3-2012 by AutOmatIc because: pie

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The FBI have been doing this since the Randy Weaver case in 1992. And they do it to all groups, not just muslims or immigrants.

Local and state law enforcement are forbidden to carry out entrapment schemes like this. It takes a Federal agency to really trample on your rights in earnest.

It's the fallout from transforming ourselves from a republic to an empire.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

The FBI have been doing this since the Randy Weaver case in 1992. And they do it to all groups, not just muslims or immigrants.

Local and state law enforcement are forbidden to carry out entrapment schemes like this. It takes a Federal agency to really trample on your rights in earnest.

It's the fallout from transforming ourselves from a republic to an empire.

You are a wise individual my friend. Very wise.. I just wish the majority could see the obviousness that both you and I see.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

No, the FBI did not do a great job. Do you know how much man power and money goes into undercover operations? If it doesn't concern you that this might be a situation where the FBI (while "doing their job") was using entrapment methods to build bogus "terrorist" cases, then you haven't thought this thing through very well.

No, the FBI doesn't "just watch random a$$ people for the fun of it," but there seems to be growing evidence to indicate they target individuals who are not terrorists and build a case against them using illegal and unethical practices to portray them as one. I guess that doesn't bother you, though.

And, no, a person who is sending out e-mails claiming entrapment by the FBI isn't necessarily "just paranoid," especially if said person is aware of the corruption within agencies like the FBI and CIA. They may just be trying to protect themselves from what's to come.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

So, are you "paranoid" if you're really being watched? I don't think he would be banned from being at a gun range in general, but there may be a technicality there. I mean, he could have gone into a Wal-Mart, and they love to sell guns and ammo there, so maybe he should shop somewhere else, huh? He fired a gun that he didn't own. ( 2 years ago??? ) Hmmmm.

You're very eager to defend the FBI entrapment tactics, it seems. Perhaps one day their all-seeing eye may focus on you, or someone you know and/or love, and then you'll be raising hell.
Is this how you want your tax money wasted?
Does this sound like the tactics of a fair and just judicial system in a "free" society?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I think this is the same guy who was a playboy/gangster with a drug problem. He was converted to Islam by his former girlfriend; a rough breakup followed and she called the FBI and told them he would be a good target to set up and frame. There was a thread about him a few days ago, though this thread brings new information to light and deserves discussion.

Basically, what this implies, if true, is that the war on terror has pretty much been a complete sham. Terrorists aren't out to get us, they are fighting for their homeland just as any people would if invaded. It's just a shame when just about every "terrorist suspect" they bust in America is set up and framed by the feds.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Question,

Did this all happen it the US?

If so, why did he contact the Guardian, a British paper?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ironsjack

I would think that he doesn't trust the American MSM with this. He turned to a media outlet that couldn't be manipulated by the FBI themselves. Perhaps he thought the MSM would ignore him. Just as they are doing right now. Just a hunch on my part.
edit on 28-3-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

That was precisely my thought process too.

Yet the flaw in that is people like me the UK still haven't heard this news and will probably never hear it as it isn't in the UK publics interest. Now no one in the US will hear of it without visiting a site like ATS, at least if he emailed state papers or whatever the US version of "local" papers it MAY have had some exposure in the US.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
F.B.I or government "set ups" are real and undeniable events. William Cooper (Author of; Behold a pale horse) is a great example of a corrupt evil government "set up", as is Sgt. Charles Dyer, also known as July4patriot on youtube. Two stories of true government set up / sting operations that are blatantly undeniable when all available facts are considered. In my humble opinion.

edit on 28-3-2012 by PisstoffAmerican because: Removing visible html data.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Firemen and woman seem like a safe bet... : )

Sniper

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by smyleegrl

There have been many complaints of entrapment in the past, almost every case if I remember correctly.

One could argue that its a typical defense but lets be honest. In order to perpetuate fear and justify the domestic police state, the government has to keep catching "bad guys".

It pains me to say this, but I understand your point. Thank you for explaining.

I still want to believe the good guys are the good guys. That those sworn to protect and serve actually have the welfare of our country and citizens uppermost. And I know there are members in law enforcement who do follow this creed, but not all do.

edit on 28-3-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I do have one question, perhaps I missed the information somehow. What caused this man to suspect the men were involved with the FBI?

Oh I don't know.. Perhaps it's because the FBI has done this hundreds of times? You do know the FBI and CIA helped carry out 9/11 right? You do know the CIA invented Al Qaeda right? You do understand humanitarian aid is just another keyword for revolution or invasion by the CIA right?

No, I don't "know" all these things.

I've read the various threads on 9/11 and while I believe there are extremely important questions that need answers, I don't know the event was orchestrated by our government. Nor do I know if Israel played a part or if radical Muslims were indeed behind the entire event.

No, I don't know the CIA invented al-qaeda. I know our government helped arm certain factions against the soviets, yes. But did the CIA plan for those weapons to be turned against us later?

I may be on ATS, but I haven't bought all the song and dance just yet.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Imagine the Government needing justification for all the blanket civil liberties violations legislation by fomenting domestic terrorism at home. It would fit. Without going into all the details, I guess trolling for "terrorists" in a "poor neighborhood" might work. And then what a story. FBI gallantly foils domestic terror plot! See, See! We need all the police state you can dish out. Thankyou for protecting us one more time!

Not this time, however...

And the media will wait patiently for the next one.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join