It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't Love be a cause for slavery?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
You can't rape the willing. You can't control those who freely offer their services and welcome the opportunity to serve in any way. Well, you can control them, but they are not controlled. If that makes sense.
edit on 28-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Superficial as I make him/her out to be?? Never went into that qustion to emply her/him seeking some insight to that question..
Just thought I'd give up my thoughts.

Subservient- offers a little relief.. if its going to make the moment. what can you do. But your content in life is or might be ..questioned! You remain silent.. Why? Is this who I am you ask yourself, if not, unfair for the both of us, or in some cases all of us. Do I choose my desires over yours. I don't wish to impose myself on you, maybe there is a better place for the for the both of us and its not here. There is a difference in Love... I love you might be said, or those true words are heard...... I'm in Love with you. Subservient is shared.
Tough call when it comes to Love for yourself and others. I reside in knowing that who I am, I will always give my best in all aspects of life... But if you have a chance to remove yourself to do better in love and life, let no man/woman prevent that from occurring. My glass is still 3/4 full..

Still working on all of this... never ending I say!

Great Post OP! Those that are listening to your Heart, will give you the best answers....

Miles of Smiles!

Jesse

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Thanks, this is probably the biggest manipulation of truth I have ever read on this website, absolutely ridiculous and a great shame the world does think like this looking for any excuse to defy the true meaning of love. I have heard it so many times before, I will hear more so many times again. Why am I such a minority in the world? Why don't most people know what love is like I do?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Well, can you explain what you definition of love is and refute the original post?

I came up with one refutation to my original post but I want to hear yours.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

To give love and be loving is to recieve love, and not even neccessarily from the other person but from God as love itself, and love to be love, must be entirely free and non-coercive, and so the one who loves must be free to express it freely. Anything else involves not real and genuine love, but a form of attachment or co-dependency, so I'd say no, the cause of love can't be slavery, but freedom, so that love is unfettered and unconstrained, and unconditional. Most human love is of a conditional variety, but the love divine is unconditional while inviting us into an ever-expanding sphere of freedom, and of new possibility, which is the possibility of being real, authentic, and fully and freely self-expressed, so that we can really love.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The best definition of love that I've run across is by M. Scott Peck, MD., in "The Road Less Travelled, A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth" wherein he defined love as:

"Love is the will, to give of one's self, for the sake of another's spiritual (and pschological) growth and well being."

to which I would add that the act of such giving causes, as a natural byproduct, our OWN growth and well being, by extending ourselves in this way.

The human being is not a thing, but a process, an evolutionary process of growth, and so love then is the means by which one's "sphere" of being and becoming is expanded. It's both a top down and a bottom up phenomenon, of grace.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

is a loving mother a slave to her child?

Its all about perspective.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

It's not all perspective, if she allows herself to be then yes. There are children that beat up their mom if they don't listen to them. If they don't do anything about it then in that case, yes, they will continue getting beat and being a slave to their child.

That is what slavery is, being forced to do something that you don't want to do and being punished when you don't do it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

u r never a slave to someone, it is totally ridiculous how u r the proof of slavery, the slave is by itself who is from smthg else
like who enslave is by itself too, u r not slave bc u r enslaved, while u r that bc it is the absolute objective form of living evil in religious humans like u, maso sado as evil love, where u love being from opposite else like satan

it is evil that u love, the intelligence there say, be most through the opposite so u can b sure that u wont have to do smthg by urself

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by greyer

Well, can you explain what you definition of love is and refute the original post?

I came up with one refutation to my original post but I want to hear yours.

Oh I didn't hear because you wrote about lack of control, it is time to take responsibility, that we do have control.

Yes I am claiming my defintion of love is better than so many times I have heard the world let me down - love is consideration for the other persons feelings, if you do not know how thoughts and interactions cause emotions then I suggest studying psychology, but it is real and it is true based on what is real and what is physically true on earth. It is, and I don't know why others don't see it, but I do know it's not the easiest thing to to come across. I can elaborate if interested.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join