It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't Love be a cause for slavery?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
If someone wants to control you and you are taught to live from ( unconditional ) love, then you will allow the person to control you because you want to have compassion for them and you want to do whatever you can to help them in anyway necessary. When you believe that God is love then you do anything to serve love, you can even be helping people who do not have good intentions without realizing it and who plan to control you. What do you think of this?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

To some extent what you say is true, however you must love yourself first if you are not getting that back from the one your attempting to please. Otherwise its selfish on their behalf and it leaves you empty inside

Jesse.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
It's how a lot of relationships are in the world. And people on both sides manage well with them, or are simply drawn to their position in the relationship, with just about anyone.

Your thread title didn't do the point you were making justice.

This actually gives a lot of insight into how people get through life.

S&F

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessemole
reply to post by arpgme

To some extent what you say is true, however you must love yourself first if you are not getting that back from the one your attempting to please. Otherwise its selfish on their behalf and it leaves you empty inside

Jesse.

There are people who are happy making others happy. People who wish to follow instead of lead. And in some cases there are people who have power and control in their subservient positions. I do believe the OP is not as superficial as you make it out to be.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
If someone wants to control you and you are taught to live from ( unconditional ) love, then you will allow the person to control you because you want to have compassion for them and you want to do whatever you can to help them in anyway necessary. When you believe that God is love then you do anything to serve love, you can even be helping people who do not have good intentions without realizing it and who plan to control you. What do you think of this?

Humbling yourself and walking away with no ill-will or resentment takes more love than being all obedient and blind. Why? Because you love (and respect) yourself enough to. Unless this "controller" is some kind of mission or act of mercy, there's no reason to stay unless you wanted to stay. Some people get used and don't really care, and if the person they're helping is doing something terrible with that help, then the helpline tends to get cut off for the "controller's" own good. That too is an act of grace.

We need to be wise and humble before we can love unconditionally. But either way, love is love. Whether you're used and abused it makes no difference because those things are transitory.
edit on 28/3/12 by AdamsMurmur because: clarity

edit on 28/3/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Agree.

Theres also one thing Ive seen when being a slave to love.

There are those who fill the void of love,with unbending hate.When one gives so much to another,only to have it fall by the wayside,the tendency is to dwell,and fill that void with the opposite feeling. Ive seen it happen to friends,plenty of times. I always wondered if its a personality disorder,or actually true love that drives someone to truly hate,when a relationship fails. To me,its liken to insanity.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That is why I believe in conditional love, and not unconditional love.

Unconditional love means you are going to be manipulated.

As far as love being a cause for slavery, most people will do anything for their kids. That is why governments encourage people to have them. It simply makes people more productive.
edit on 28/3/12 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

start by love truth first

truth is freedom, then if freedom became true then freedom is free, what we call truth freedom as the principal reason of existence being true so free

when existence is true, then any free relative sense so aware alone stable or self individual shape constant is also true out of existence fact being free
so whatever u would pretend meaning existing it would b a lie, true existence is free so u r individual true out of it

then what individuals should do? as true they must feel obliged to give to true existence freely but in relative terms
but in absolute terms constancy individual freedom can become constant by dealing with each others objectively in positive superiority terms or enjoying to pass time well doing nothing by getting some from others, which doesnt make a lot of sense to me, bc why the other would love u if u dont love it ? and if u love it how loving u is principal when ur love is realized make u love source more > but watever

those things as what to do individually while obliged to respect true existence freedom to all objective realms, are some issues only when as i said existence freedom is respected, so the issue is real asking, wat alternatives is there

but to u love or the reasons to love gods is the opposite

u principally believe that love is the truth, so u destroy existence value in truth
i will never understand how can u do that, how do u accept that wether there is nothing or creations ?
when existence is real how cant u see that it is the only answer to everything and beyond everything it clarify all freedom superiority for truth existence rights as the way of things
how can u talk about issues and accept urself being existing while u mean nothing or inventions
it is disgusting sense that dryness edge for insisting to never recognize else existence that dont concern u in constant fact freedom by rejecting to admit anything value, gerb

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Ah, thanks for your responses. Some of you help reveal the problem with my thinking, you also have to love yourself.

Maybe it should be this:

Have unconditional love, but first start with yourself and THEN let your love spread to the world , through your word, thought, and action.

So if someone wants to enslave you for their happiness or because they truly need a slave since they can't do anything for themselves, the first thing to would be to love yourself and you would know that you wouldn't do such a thing if you love yourself, and then lovingly decline their request, and if they try to harm you, just get away from them or worse case scenario fight back only if you must, because loving yourself also includes protecting yourself.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

slavery is the reason of love, u love to b slave so u deny responsability while u can keep getting smthg from everything and others individualities rights to pretend being superior slave kind

how forcin urself on another is love?? he is there u can talk to in decent normal ways

u r all bunch of absurd hypocrit coming from hell and to

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Ah, thanks for your responses. Some of you help reveal the problem with my thinking, you also have to love yourself.

Maybe it should be this:

Have unconditional love, but first start with yourself and THEN let your love spread to the world , through your word, thought, and action.

So if someone wants to enslave you for their happiness or because they truly need a slave since they can't do anything for themselves, the first thing to would be to love yourself and you would know that you wouldn't do such a thing if you love yourself, and then lovingly decline their request, and if they try to harm you, just get away from them or worse case scenario fight back only if you must, because loving yourself also includes protecting yourself.

Keep in mind that "love yourself" doesn't mean "love your ego". Two different things.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Unconditional love (Source/God) includes the ego, too. There is nothing wrong with loving this physical human mind aspect of yourself, it is one of the reasons you are here. To have the human experience, and when you merge that with Source/Spirit/God (unconditional love) , you bring the two (physical/spirit) together.

edit on 28-3-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Love is not unconditional. Unconditional means anything goes? Love is perfect kindness. And it is mutual. If you want to give your allegiance to someone and stay with it, then that is loyalty out of love for them. But love should never enslave any one, that is just slavery. Blind to injustice. And anyone who carries the notion that love means slavery is a slaver. Thats what they say to get you to be their slave. "If you love me you'll---". Thats not love.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

There is no control in love, if you love someone then you care for how they feel and you allow them to live their life as they wish. If you love yourself, then you would not let yourself be taken advantage of.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
"Slavery" is an unfortunate choice of words I think. Ideally we "freely" give our Love to another person, God, our country or many, many other things we may "choose" to Love. Having said that Love may require sacrafice of one's self for the benefit of who and what we love. Ideally it's a "give and take" thing, but I think there are times when we need to give or accept Love as circumstances and needs change.

A parent / child relationship for example is not equal, kids need and deserve "more" love because they are more vulnerable (hopefully) then thier parents, but as life changes the "grown" kids may find they need to sacrafice as parents get older and become more vulnerable.

Romantic relationships ideally are a more equal dynamic, although anyone in a relationship or marriage knows that for "whatever" reason one or the other may need to sacrafise more than the other, because the other is more vulnerable at that point in time. If one person comes to feel over a period of time that they are not loved or appreciated , possibly even abused, and attempts to communicate those feelings and are met with hostility, then perhaps "love" is no longer the bond that ties, but a an unhealthy, co-dependant situation that may require a change or "loss". It's often confusing and painful deciding what actions to take at that point,

Love is an "action" word I think, with great personal and mutual rewards and fullfilment, but sometimes it's a pain in the azz when it's your turn to "suck it up" put on a smile and "love" enough to do what is best for someone or something you love, and sacrafise your personal desires, lol, the hopefully unspoken thoughts in your head may go something like this " damm I don't wanna go to your stupid event, I just wanna stay in and curl up with a book, your lucky I Love You" ♥

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

There is never any sucking up in pure love. Pure love is absolutely voluntary, there is no feeling of pressure involved.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

If someone wants to control you and you are taught to live from ( unconditional ) love, then you will allow the person to control you because you want to have compassion for them and you want to do whatever you can to help them in anyway necessary.

Not necessarily arpgme because YES the LOVE ALLOWS you to recognize another Creator Creation energy form came from the same CREATOR/SOURCE as you and that alone is a reason to find levels of cooperation and PEACE. But that does not mean once you have recognized them and they recognize you that YOU have to enslave yourself to them. NOT AT ALL, it means YES I recognize you as family within the little energy containment device and we may have issues to overcome and will you work with me or against me, FAMILY?

When you believe that God is love then you do anything to serve love, you can even be helping people who do not have good intentions without realizing it and who plan to control you. What do you think of this?

When you recognize that GOD of EA*RTH to the HUMANS of EA*RTH may of been another CREATOR CREATION ENERGY FORM, then you begin to realize more of who GOD or GODS was or IS and then you can begin to formulate a better understanding of the GOD or GODS and their potential Positive intentions or Negative deceptions for EA*RTH HUMANS OR POTENTIALLY OTHERS*.. And once you realize this you can better prepare for DECEPTION-WAR or TRUE LOVE-PEACE/UTOPIA with ELDER CREATOR CREATIONS who may have assisted in the evolution or destruction of the SPECIES who may be CONSIDERING THEM AS GOD OR GODS due to lack of knowledge of their potential EVOL intents..

[color=gold] I tend to get the feeling arpgme that SOME who VISIT ATS feel that the LOVE from the CREATOR and the LOVE from GOD or GODS are the SAME and I am not saying the GOD or GODS cannot transfer the LOVE thru them FROM the CREATOR. But I am saying the CREATOR of ALL* who CREATED the GOD or GODS is the UNCONDITIONAL LOVE I PERSONALLY SPEAK OF THAT ALL* CREATOR CREATIONS SHARE WITHIN TO KEEP IT CLEAR MY FRIENDS
. Now as for those who may wish to deceive SOME with LOVE or the concept of LOVE to further manipulate and deceive, hmm believe it or not arpgme THERE IS A FORCE AWAITING THEIR DECEPTIVE MOVE AND IS OBSERVING THEM AS THEY PLAY. A FORCE MORE DESTRUCTIVE THEN EVEN THEY COULD IMAGINE/CONSIDER. So its there fault if they HARM some or deceive some to further their agenda over any other Creator Creation and its also THEIR FAULT TO UNDERESTIMATE THE CREATOR WHO MADE THEIR ORIGINAL PARENTS. So basically its like this arpgme IF ANY BEINGS TOY WITH THE CONCEPT OF UNCONDITIONAL LOVE THEY ARE TOYING WITH THE CREATOR AND IF THE CREATOR SENDS A DESTROYER OR DESTROYERS TO DESTROY ---THEIR--- INHABITED ZONE ---THIS LITTLE UNIVERSE--- TO EXTRACT THEIR ENERGIES DUE TO THEIR DECEPTION AND TAKES THEIR INTERNAL ENERGIES AWAY FROM THEM MAKING THEM FACE A ENERGY REPROCESSING OR BONDAGE THEY NEVER IMAGINED/CONSIDERED THE CREATOR WOULD DISTRIBUTE, THEN ITS THEIR NEXT MOVE/FAIL IF DECEPTION IS THE GAME (there are many many many energy versions so to FEEL EGOTISTICALLY THAT YOUR A BETTER CREATOR CREATION THEN ANY OTHER MAKES YOU WEAK FROM THE BEGINNING AND ALERTS THE ENERGIES WHO AWAIT THEM OF THEIR EGO RELATED WEAKNESS SO THEY CAN ATTACK IT) . I sense your concern and LOVE you for Warning some who may not be aware but remember a what would be considered 50%Angel and 50%demon WOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY SIMILAR DECEPTIVE GAMES WITH THEM TO FURTHER PREPARE THEM FOR DESTRUCTION ALL WHILE TRYING TO UNCONDITIONALLY LOVE THEM BEFORE DESTRUCTION OF THEIR BLESSED ENERGY. [/COLOR]

Take care arpgme and thanks again for the CARE of OTHERS* its a good energy read.

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
edit on 3/28/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
So to conclude and answer your OP in all clarity, YES IT CAN BE USED TO MINIPULATE THE MINDS INTO SLAVERY IF DECEPTIVLY USED. s&f

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Oh, thank you. I think I understand now. The evil destroy the evil.The good help the good. So the deceivers will be punished by other evil deceivers and the ones that truly love will be rewarded love in return. It is like Law of Attraction.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Oh, thank you. I think I understand now. The evil destroy the evil.The good help the good. So the deceivers will be punished by other evil deceivers and the ones that truly love will be rewarded love in return. It is like Law of Attraction.

perfect analysis
and you are welcome my friend.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join