It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elderly Couple In Fear Over Spike Lee Tweet Star erroneously linked Floridians to man who killed Tra

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I still have to disagree. Regardless of who posted what information first, spike lee still did this even after it was acknowledged that this was a wrong address. I believe in this little thing called personal responsibilty and spike acted on this even after knowing that this was a wrong address and he still hasn't tweeted that he passed on wrong infor. So yes, I still believe that he is at fault and deserves to be sued and if anything happens to this couple, he should be arrested.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadwgirl
reply to post by jtma508

I still have to disagree. Regardless of who posted what information first, spike lee still did this even after it was acknowledged that this was a wrong address. I believe in this little thing called personal responsibilty and spike acted on this even after knowing that this was a wrong address and he still hasn't tweeted that he passed on wrong information. So yes, I still believe that he is at fault and deserves to be sued and if anything happens to this couple, he should be arrested.

didn't mean to do this, sorry. mods please remove my double post. thanks
edit on 28-3-2012 by shadwgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Spike Lee should definitely be held accountable. It is far worse that he tweeted it than this unkown Higgins person. Spike Lee has much more power to ifluence people due to his celebrity status. If anything happens to that couple, it is on his hands.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I 100% AGREE... People on the Net from what I have seen DO NOT read/know the back story on what happens in many given instances....Some individuals have been Jailed for this and I think that it would be a good wake up call for the Elderly to press charges to make an example.. it would open peoples eyes & MSM would thrive off this should a Celebrity do this type of thing.... Make it known that unless you know the back story on ANY situation you should keep your mouth and fingers SHUT!!! If you don't know for sure that it is the truth through your own research before you put it out there - Don't be like Nike and "just do It".............Wrong is still worng even if everyone is doing it...Right is still right even if no one is doing it......

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by bknapple32

All symptoms of the greater problem... The general lack of critical thinking in America today.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Here is an interesting article. And a quote from the article.

"Zimmerman traced the tweets — which he said have been retweeted by actor-director Spike Lee — to a man in California. Zimmerman has implored the man to stop and said he received this response, "Black power all day. No justice, no peace" and an obscenity."

articles.orlandosentinel.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Here is an interesting article. And a quote from the article.

"Zimmerman traced the tweets — which he said have been retweeted by actor-director Spike Lee — to a man in California. Zimmerman has implored the man to stop and said he received this response, "Black power all day. No justice, no peace" and an obscenity."

articles.orlandosentinel.com...

To be fair to spike, apparently he did remove his tweet but still no follow up that these are innocent elderly people and should be left alone. And the higgens guy wants this couple to be harmed.
edit on 28-3-2012 by shadwgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me why my posts here are doubling themselves? Am I doing something wrong? I apologize for this, I don't mean to and I know that it is annoying. I am so sorry.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

My point exactly. Personally, I believe it should be against the law to post anyone's personal information for ANY reason without that person's expressed permission to do so. Wouldn't matter if it was this case, a lottery winner's address or a party location. How would this Higgins idiot like to have HIS address posted online given the backlash that's going to undoubtedly come from this? This whole thing is turning dangerously Rodney King. Mobs are a sccary and dangerous thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

This is all too similar to buying a used car that used to belong to a known drug dealer. I had a friend that bought a car and got pulled over, followed, or harassed for weeks after the purchase. I imagine this poor couple is already making signs for the front yard that say "We Have No Idea Who Zimmerman Is".

Everything carries baggage and, unfortunately, that baggage can be created even after the purchase.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Just to make sure I understand you correctly, it was ok for spike to do this but not higgens? Both made this post and both are EQUALLY responsible.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Just to make sure I understand you correctly, it was ok for spike to do this but not higgens? Both made this post and both are EQUALLY responsible.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Did you even red what I wrote?? NO, it wasn't right for Spike Lee or ANYONE else to re-tweet the information. And from the information I have gleaned from articles online he has come to thath conclusion himself. Higgins, on the otherhand, has been repeatedly told of his error yet he is completely unphased by what he has done. I'll say it one last time: It is ethically and morally offensive to EVER post ANYONE'S personal information --- accurate or otherwise --- without that person's expressed permission to do so. Ever. Period. End of story.

This whole uber-reaction, however, wasn't nearly about the fact that an innocent, elderly couple was put in danger because of someone's stupidity. It immediately became about crucifying a celebrity for being stupid and careless. It's all wrong on every level.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The obvious backlash to Spike Lee is that his tweets carry far more weight. HE has 250,000 followers. There has to be some kind of social responsibility with people who have that many followers. Its on the levels of yelling out fire in a movie theater or bomb on a plane. Higgins has no audience, while on the other hand, Lee most certainly does.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'd throw a firebomb thru my own window and sue spike lee to the moon and back.He should be prosecuted by the DOJ but we know how that's gonna work out

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I did read what you had written, I just didn't understand part of your response which is why I asked about. Sorry if that bothered you, I just don't like to form an opinion on something without my entire understanding of it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Between these racist tweets by racist people, regenerated by even more racist people, the 13 year old set on fire for being white this week, the mississippi student gunned down by 3 black males last week, the P. A. cracker t shirt, trayvons parents trademarking his name and the bounty for Zimmermans head, Eric Cartman was right, "Black people are just impervious to getting F***ed with."

Erich Cartman said it, not me.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

“FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT & TOUCH HIM.”

This tweet by Higgons^^^^^^^^ is enough to get him arrested for intimidation and as a terrorist, possibly a strong case for also charging the R-Tweet's as accomplices and terrorist by association. We all know what "reach out and touch someone" means. Although I feel what Zimmerman did deserves the "Dumbass of the Year" award, he hasn't been proven guilty yet.

Spike's also a fool for posting the tweet that he did. I feel sorry for the couple, that's beyond messed up.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
That poor couple. I'm not a sue happy person but they should at least seek the damages of having to stay in a hotel and even a new home if they don't feel safe to return. Even selling their home isn't really an option because the value would drop since it doesn't seem like a safe residence anymore.

If they sue for $50 million then they'll lose my sympathy but if they attempt to go after a fair and reasonable amount, they have my full support.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I find it funny how some people who scream "racism" are the one's who are racist.

Spike Lee does need to pay for his actions. I don't care who or what he did in the past. He needs to be accountable for releasing this address or any address during a time of duress like this case has caused.

I'm sure the reason this tragedy has stayed in the forefront of the news for the past couple weeks has nothing to do with it being an election year with a minority President running for re-election.
Nah, couldn't be.

edit on 28-3-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Simple.

I wont be paying to watch...read....or otherwise buy anything that irresponsible idiot touches or uses to make money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join