It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elderly Couple In Fear Over Spike Lee Tweet Star erroneously linked Floridians to man who killed Tra

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Elderly Couple In Fear Over Spike Lee Tweet Star erroneously linked Floridians to man who killed Trayvon Martin

www.thesmokinggun.com

With Twitter and Facebook continuing to explode with posts purporting to contain the address of George Zimmerman, property records and interviews reveal that the home is actually the longtime residence of a married Florida couple, both in their 70s, who have no connection to the man who killed Trayvon Martin and are now living in fear due to erroneous reports about their connection to the shooter.

The original tweet was sent to Lee (and numerous other celebrities like Will Smith, 50 Cent, and LeBron James) last Friday afternoon by Marcus Davonne Higgins, a 33-year-old Los Angeles man who us
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I honestly think twitter is getting out of control. You cant censor it, but there has to be some kind of backlash. People are literally taking things as fact just because it is posted on twitter. It is getting ridiculous. On a lighter note to prove this point, anyone who followed the peyton manning escapade on twitter will know what I am talking about.

www.thesmokinggun.com

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

All symptoms of the greater problem... The general lack of critical thinking in America today.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Time to get over it.

Get over it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
It being in America, the legislative capital of the world, I hope they sue them all for a bazillion dollars and win.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Whoever re-tweeted this is lucky that someone hasn't gone to the home of these elderly people and committed murder. IMHO if anything happens to these people, everyone who has RT should be complicit in the crime as well.

Probably would be the largest criminal trial in US history, lol.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
They really are lucky to still be alive, to be honest. There are a lot of people getting up in arms over this case, and the gangsta culture that so many blacks cling to is every bit as crazy and potentially violent as the redneck culture that I grew up in.

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I would sue the HELL out of Spike Lee.

Seriously.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
this is one of those stories that get all messy and lose my attention. anyone can say anything and people will eat it up like flies on #. this poor old couple have to be afraid that some idiot is gonna do something stupid because of another idiot. i actually cant wait for this trial. i wont follow it deeply but i will keep an eye on it. people be acting like theres no such thing as black on white crimes

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
That is seriously messed up! So now some couple has to be afraid to open mail, or even be in their home, because a lot of people think that threatening violence is the way we handle legal matters? How many of those same people complain about the self defense laws involved in this case? I hope that couple has guns! If not, they should invest in some.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

And that is just one of the problems, people in America are angry, frustrated and hopeless, due to the economic windfall, unemployment and the increasing fact that our government is nothing but corrupted and working against the working class.

But then rather than pouring their anger to the reason why they feel the way they feel people tend to follow the wrong leaders that will incite them under the right conditions, like puppets and sheep they go with what will help release some of the wrong energy been building inside, because the minorities in this nation are the ones that suffer the most when it comes to government corruption and favoritism, there comes a racial issue that will work just fine to justified the release of anger.

People in the US just don't know where to pour their energies for the best benefits, usually they chose the wrong sources.

And that suits the corrupted government just fine, as long as is not against them.

Funny how things are manipulated in this nation and many Americans do not even take two steps back and think about what is really going on.

When you have minority president coming out publicly and using politics to fuel the anger toward the wrong reasons, with comments on support of an issue that has nothing to do with the real problems in this nations, but works for its own racial agenda

Keep the population anger far away from political issues so the truth never comes to light.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
I would sue the HELL out of Spike Lee.

Seriously.

Just another example of people and the knee jerk reaction that they have......

This case has brought to light where closet racism really hides......

And even if that WASNT the case....

What right does ANYONE have to set out vigilante justice like this? What if this couple were hurt? Even if they ARENT they are still driven from their home because of this IDIOT...

Im thoroughly disgusted by this case and the people involved......people talk about the racism involved, DENY their own racism then openly call for this guys death.......

I fear my fellow Americans are in serious need of a lobotomy......

I would definitely be suing this guy ........

Another question WHY hasnt the president made any statements on what he Fueled? This guy threw gasoline on a tinder box ,and then walked away to watch the forest burn down.......

Wheres the speech from the president denouncing actions by black panthers, saying ANYTING about all the racial T shirts?

Anyone who thinks this man has the good of the country in mind clearly isnt, IMHO , watching the same POTUS a lot of us are.......

Spike Lee , You need to be taken to task for this..........im sure hed LOVE having his address put out there for everyone to see when this couple end up having something bad happen to him.......

Maybe then we can storm HIS house

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
That is seriously messed up! So now some couple has to be afraid to open mail, or even be in their home, because a lot of people think that threatening violence is the way we handle legal matters? How many of those same people complain about the self defense laws involved in this case? I hope that couple has guns! If not, they should invest in some.

Exactly right, and people complain about gun laws but you have people openly setting out with this mob law mentality after INNOCENT people........This couple didnt do anything to anyone......

This is the EXACT reason why gun laws should be left alone.......not only for tyrannous government, but out of control people!

"you all just cling to your bibles and your guns because you live in fear" Sometimes you dont have to live in fear for CRAP to happen to you......

Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Just to be clear... this isn't Spike Lee's fault (although re-tweeting was a bad idea). This originated with some ass-hat named Marcus Davonne Higgins. Apparently he never bothered to actually check his information before creating this debacle and has yet to acknowledge the fact that he can't apparently read.

source

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

I honestly think twitter is getting out of control. You cant censor it, but there has to be some kind of backlash. People are literally taking things as fact just because it is posted on twitter. It is getting ridiculous. On a lighter note to prove this point, anyone who followed the peyton manning escapade on twitter will know what I am talking about.

www.thesmokinggun.com

Yes! censor free speech.

So the media done using this as a distraction yet?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Spike Lee is a terrorist.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Twitter can get you sued...

I just saw on TMZ that Justin Beiber put a phone number on his post but forgot the last digit, so all the teeny girl fans called it and ended it with 1 then 2 and 3 then 4 etc etc...

So those 10 people who repeatedly got calls, are trying to sue him.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Just to be clear... this isn't Spike Lee's fault (although re-tweeting was a bad idea). This originated with some ass-hat named Marcus Davonne Higgins. Apparently he never bothered to actually check his information before creating this debacle and has yet to acknowledge the fact that he can't apparently read.

source

Actually, just to be clear, if Spike Lee mindlessly re-tweeted the address of an innocent retired couple - even though he was hoping for "lynch mob" justice to someone who hasn't been charged or had a fair trial yet - he is just as guilty of inciting racial violence as the original tweeter, and just as much of an ass-hat.

He really needs to "do the right thing", but I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

How is this not Spike Lee's fault? He posted this address twice. He made the decision to do this. This is absolutely spike lee's fault. To say otherwise is just plain old denial and ignorance.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

Spike Lee mindlessly re-tweeted Higgins utterly unverified and bogus information. Higgin is the source. Higgins has perpetuated this information actively. HE is the one at fault. Lee is anything but harmless in thus but it was Higgins that initiated this and has fanned the flames in every way he can.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join