It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I Reversed Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, AND Lost Weight Naturally Without Drugs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks
reply to post by Ghost375

To the original poster.

Congratulations! You did exactly what your doctor wanted you to do in the first place. Restrict carbohydrate intake and increase exercise to boost metabolism, increase insulin production, and reduce cell resistance.

You "discovered" the treatment devised for the treatment of EVERY diabetic. But you did it YOUR way!

BTW - this isn't a cure. Your immune system is still attacking the islets of Langorhans in the pancreas where insulin is produced. Since this destructive process is progressive (ie more damage is done day by day), there will eventually come a time when no amount of diet and exercise will be sufficient, if you live long enough and don't die of other causes first.

I did the exact same thing and diet/exercise treatment worked for over 10 years. But ultimately, the diet became stricter and stricter and there just wasn't enough hours in the day for sufficient exercise. Also you will find that exercise becomes more difficult as you age.

However, the longer you can delay having to take meds the better and the better you can control your blood sugar, the less the chances of suffering the adverse effects of diabetes.

Tired of Control Freaks

No I didn't do what the dr said but NO I don't agree about it getting worse by the day... Sure I may be getting older but I actually feel younger than I did for the last 20 years.

If I were attacking myself like that I'd have been dead long ago. And for what its worth the mild "symptoms" really began in the early 1990s when I was vegitarian and ate lots of pizza. I had similar stuff in college too, - again too much pizza but wings were fine. I self-regulated the pizza-carbs w/o realizing the core-nasty of them. I do now - and have a good margin of health.

I've reversed and cured the condition that was really just a state of sugar blasting. But nice try with the soft put-down while trying to say that jerk who I had to see to get the blood test numbers was anything other than a big pharma pusher and a bully.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Truth- the majority of western civilized people are VITAMIN D deficient.

Your body will then induce a want for high calorie food and take nutrients from other parts of the physical body to ensure its skeletal is given priority so it can ensure an escape from predators.

Our species predominately evolved next to rivers and ate fish daily and recieved hich levels of sunlight. White humans are the result of mutations and our species migrating to areas of little sun yet they increased thier fish intake to offset.

Much of the mental health problems are due to low levels of VITAMIN D and fish consumption with the industrialized food intake escalating the problems.

edit on 28-3-2012 by subtopia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by subtopia
Truth- the majority of western civilized people are VITAMIN D deficient.

Your body will then induce a want for high calorie food and take nutrients from other parts of the physical body to ensure its skeletal is given priority so it can ensure an escape from predators.

Our species predominately evolved next to rivers and ate fish daily and recieved hich levels of sunlight. White humans are the result of mutations and our species migrating to areas of little sun yet they increased thier fish intake to offset.

Much of the mental health problems are due to low levels of VITAMIN D and fish consumption with the industrialized food intake escalating the problems.

edit on 28-3-2012 by subtopia because: (no reason given)

That's an interesting POV. I've not had great amounts of sunshine or fish and am obviously white. The GOM leak and the way the FDA rushed to approve the shrimp as though it never happened spooked me from seafood ever since 2010. Freshwater fish is a treat but around here the water's getting fracked up. When I was a kid my father took a wall-eye to his lab and tested ... it was off the chart with murcury. So good clean fish - yea, but what's in the stores these days? IDK, scary like the GMOs.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Good job on your video. And I'm happy this worked and liked your attitude throughout it. Good inspiration for us all.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
Was it with Beyond Tangy Tangerine?
Any AJ listeners out there?

Seriously congratulations though.

Seriously i have tried it and am a believer

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by reitze

Good for you. I spoke with a Diabetic nurse today. Why the H%%% my doctor had her call me I don't know. They want me to go on insullin and my doctor didn't have the guts to say it I guess. I am going to go on this diet and loose weight while testing. The way I feel now is that if I gave blood to a vending machine it could be programmed to do the same thing the doctors are doing. They are absolutly worthless. They look at a number from your blood test and then look up the drug in their book. A monkey could do that. I ask what caused MY diabetes and they say, "It could be your are producing too little insulin or your body is rejecting your insulin." Like that is an answer to my freaking question. It you don't know the cause you can't find the cure. They just want to kill you with drugs. I'm sooooo sick of the AMA.
edit on 3/29/2012 by MrFGB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Dude, there's 2 types of type 2 diabetes. One type is because people become extremely insulin resistant, due to being fatties and not exercising. That version of type II diabetes can be reversed with proper excercise and diet.
But there's another type, of type 2 diabetes(I'm not talking about type I) where they aren't just insulin resistant, their body doesn't produce enough insulin.

What you're saying is dangerous and could lead to someone's death. What works for you doesn't mean it will work for someone else. I'm sure the doctor told you to eat healthy and exercise regularly....
This thread and poster are very ignorant, and risking people's safety by saying they don't need the meds.
edit on 28-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

I will have to agree as i am the other type 2 also known as type 1.5 or LADA (Latent autoimmune diabetes)
since doctors seldom look or DX type 1.5 right many type 2 diabetics are really type 1.5.
And if you have other autoimmune disorders you may also have type 1.5 not type 2.
I have sarcoidosis small fiber neuropathy and autoimmune eczema DXed so far so i have at three autoimmune disorders and still get back lab test that do not match the labs for those disorders but are autoimmune positive type labs.

i was not over weight till after the autoimmune disorders and a heart attack caused by sarcoidosis. i am over weight because i can not exercise any because of the neurological damage caused by the sarcoidosis/neurosarcoidosis.

i was up to 290 pounds and lose about 10 pounds a month just by eating a very low carb diet. (80gm par day carbs)

Counting calories is something diabetics do not do as carbs are the key along with using the glycemic index of what carb you eat.
Diabetics don't count calories because they are misleading as fats are counted as calories and fat does not effect blood sugar levels at all and the right fats are good for diabetics as a source of energy that does not need insulin to use.(keytones)
www.ivillage.com...

My diet gives me at least 5 episodes of hypoglycemia a week (diabetics on INSULIN should NEVER do THIS i am on metforman and glipizide not insulin) and ketones in the urine a couple times a week as i burn body fat into energy.
edit on 29-3-2012 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Awesome stuff OP.
What you've done strikes me as broadly similar to a paleo diet, which I follow and feel great on.
One thing you may want to do is Google BBC horizon exercise. They did a show that proposed 3 minutes of high intensity exercise a week is all you need to increase your insulin sensitivity and VO2max.
Might find it a useful addition to your armoury.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

Originally posted by Ghost375
Dude, there's 2 types of type 2 diabetes. One type is because people become extremely insulin resistant, due to being fatties and not exercising. That version of type II diabetes can be reversed with proper excercise and diet.
But there's another type, of type 2 diabetes(I'm not talking about type I) where they aren't just insulin resistant, their body doesn't produce enough insulin.

What you're saying is dangerous and could lead to someone's death. What works for you doesn't mean it will work for someone else. I'm sure the doctor told you to eat healthy and exercise regularly....
This thread and poster are very ignorant, and risking people's safety by saying they don't need the meds.

I will have to agree as i am the other type 2 also known as type 1.5 or LADA (Latent autoimmune diabetes)
since doctors seldom look or DX type 1.5 right many type 2 diabetics are really type 1.5.
And if you have other autoimmune disorders you may also have type 1.5 not type 2.
I have sarcoidosis small fiber neuropathy and autoimmune eczema DXed so far so i have at three autoimmune disorders and still get back lab test that do not match the labs for those disorders but are autoimmune positive type labs.

i was not over weight till after the autoimmune disorders and a heart attack caused by sarcoidosis. i am over weight because i can not exercise any because of the neurological damage caused by the sarcoidosis/neurosarcoidosis.

i was up to 290 pounds and lose about 10 pounds a month just by eating a very low carb diet. (80gm par day carbs)

Counting calories is something diabetics do not do as carbs are the key along with using the glycemic index of what carb you eat.
Diabetics don't count calories because they are misleading as fats are counted as calories and fat does not effect blood sugar levels at all and the right fats are good for diabetics as a source of energy that does not need insulin to use.(keytones)
www.ivillage.com...

My diet gives me at least 5 episodes of hypoglycemia a week (diabetics on INSULIN should NEVER do THIS i am on metforman and glipizide not insulin) and ketones in the urine a couple times a week as i burn body fat into energy.
edit on 29-3-2012 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

It doesn't sound like I've hurt you, only angered you. I seem to have that effect on lots of the mainsteam blogs. Meanwhile the people angriest eventually share how they've made their diet sooo strict while still having a bagel every breakfast... my stepfather who did what his Dr said was even eating honey bread cause his doc said honey was good for him. Hes DEAD now. He didn't like what I said either.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Good job on your video. And I'm happy this worked and liked your attitude throughout it. Good inspiration for us all.

Thanks. A few have said its harmful and I should remove it. I don't agree with that drug-pushing POV since all I said in MY video is what I did. There are crash-programs like biggest looser that are good for some people. Especially when they don't have the time to do their "psychological homework". Thankfully I was never really "sick" and got a chance to reverse the condition at my own pase with my own methods. I only found out because a relative gave me a BG test during a thanksgiving holiday. Thank God!

Test your friends and those you love! And if they get a hi result, suggest bio-feedback and reading before sending them to Dr Pusher... oh and yea that's the same thing I'd say about 'paranormal' experiences... read books and especially the bible before going near a church... they're more often than not more interested in your $ than they are in your health.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by reitze

[ The following information I copied from several articles I have read over the years. ]

Cinnamon May Improve Type 2 Diabetes and Insulin Resistance
Several studies have shown improved insulin sensitivity and blood glucose control by taking as little as ½ teaspoon of cinnamon per day. Improving insulin resistance can help in weight control as well as decreasing the risk for heart disease, so this has a lot of people interested. Although the results of preliminary studies are somewhat mixed, the majority of the research seems to be pointing in the direction of cinnamon being beneficial. Along with the improvement in blood sugar, these studies have documented improvements in triglycerides, blood pressure, and LDL cholesterol.

Sweet Potatoes and Diabetes

Some diabetics might already know this, but Sweet Potatoes can actually help balance the glycemic index of diabetics. Also, stop and look at a sweet potato. Then stop and look at a pancreas (I know, you'll probably have to look up pictures of a pancreas to see the connection - - I mean, who goes around looking at pictures of a pancreas, right?) Do you see how a sweet potato and pancreas look a lot alike?
God has awesome ways of communicating with us. He put a lot of thought into the design of the foods he created for his creation. Sweet potatoes for regulating the glycemic index in diabetics is just one example. Avocados happen to help women lose weight after childbirth, and aid in uterine health (and don't they look like a uterus?). Figs look like testicles, and they actually help increase male sperm motility. The inside of a tomato looks like the chambers of a heart... I could go on, but you see the connection...don't you?

[My research has convinced me that anyone who eats spicy food and/or hot peppers of any kind will have a healthier pancreas whether they have diabetes or not.]

Hot Peppers and Spices
Suspecting a link between the nerves and diabetes, he and Dr. Salter used an old experimental trick -- injecting capsaicin, the active ingredient in hot chili peppers, to kill the pancreatic sensory nerves in mice that had an equivalent of Type 1 diabetes.
"Then we had the biggest shock of our lives," Dr. Dosch said. Almost immediately, the islets began producing insulin normally "It was a shock ? really out of left field, because nothing in the literature was saying anything about this."

[From another article] In metabolizing their meals, the study participants produced about one-third less insulin while they were on a spicy diet instead of a bland diet. A stand-alone spicy meal had an intermediate effect on insulin, Madeleine Ball and her colleagues report in the July American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

"The best way to thank God for your body is to take good care of it.
The best treatment for any disease is not to get it.
If you want a change, YOU have to change.
I have never learned anything from someone who agreed with me.
There is no medicine as powerful as regular exercise properly done."

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LBJ___Bush_Sr_Kild_JFK
reply to post by reitze

[ The following information I copied from several articles I have read over the years. ]

Cinnamon May Improve Type 2 Diabetes and Insulin Resistance
Several studies have shown improved insulin sensitivity and blood glucose control by taking as little as ½ teaspoon of cinnamon per day. Improving insulin resistance can help in weight control as well as decreasing the risk for heart disease, so this has a lot of people interested. Although the results of preliminary studies are somewhat mixed, the majority of the research seems to be pointing in the direction of cinnamon being beneficial. Along with the improvement in blood sugar, these studies have documented improvements in triglycerides, blood pressure, and LDL cholesterol.

I experimented with things like that but saw no effect in the BG readings.

Sweet Potatoes and Diabetes
Some diabetics might already know this, but Sweet Potatoes can actually help balance the glycemic index of diabetics. Also, stop and look at a sweet potato. Then stop and look at a pancreas (I know, you'll probably have to look up pictures of a pancreas to see the connection - - I mean, who goes around looking at pictures of a pancreas, right?) Do you see how a sweet potato and pancreas look a lot alike?
God has awesome ways of communicating with us. He put a lot of thought into the design of the foods he created for his creation. Sweet potatoes for regulating the glycemic index in diabetics is just one example. Avocados happen to help women lose weight after childbirth, and aid in uterine health (and don't they look like a uterus?). Figs look like testicles, and they actually help increase male sperm motility. The inside of a tomato looks like the chambers of a heart... I could go on, but you see the connection...don't you?

(during reversal/recovery) Potatoes are starchy. Eaten with a stake they're fine. Eaten alone they cause a BG blast, not good. And if eating anything like that - load on the butter to reduce the "glycemic index" - though its still a BG blaster, why not? If you're gonna eat something like that then consider it a luxury and go for the TASTE.

[My research has convinced me that anyone who eats spicy food and/or hot peppers of any kind will have a healthier pancreas whether they have diabetes or not.]

Hot Peppers and Spices
Suspecting a link between the nerves and diabetes, he and Dr. Salter used an old experimental trick -- injecting capsaicin, the active ingredient in hot chili peppers, to kill the pancreatic sensory nerves in mice that had an equivalent of Type 1 diabetes.
"Then we had the biggest shock of our lives," Dr. Dosch said. Almost immediately, the islets began producing insulin normally "It was a shock ? really out of left field, because nothing in the literature was saying anything about this."
[From another article] In metabolizing their meals, the study participants produced about one-third less insulin while they were on a spicy diet instead of a bland diet. A stand-alone spicy meal had an intermediate effect on insulin, Madeleine Ball and her colleagues report in the July American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
I've always liked hot food. Could never discern any benefits from them though.

"The best way to thank God for your body is to take good care of it.
The best treatment for any disease is not to get it.
If you want a change, YOU have to change.
I have never learned anything from someone who agreed with me.
There is no medicine as powerful as regular exercise properly done."

The body is the temple and loving yourself is the key to having a position of strength in order to be capable of loving and giving to others. As in here in this thread, if I had never reversed the problem I wouldn't have anything to say of interest here. At the same time, if I had always done a better job taking care of myself maybe Id be more advanced in helping others in more advanced ways.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join