It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin Stood his Ground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
...when he was approached by a "Neighborhood Watchman" carrying a gun and a false sense of authority.

What we know of the FACTS is that Person A contacted authorities from his car when he was a "suspicious" person walking through the neighborhood (Person B). Person A then GOT OUT OF HIS CAR and let the operator on the other end of the line know that he was going to pursue Person B.

The operator then tells Person A what he should have known long before he got involved in "Neighborhood Watch" and carrying a gun:

"WE DON'T NEED YOU TO DO THAT."

He does it anyway. He oversteps his bounds and at this point becomes a vigilante, pursuing a subject based solely on his appearance. He profiled, pursued and confronted another person based SOLELY on his appearance. Now we're hearing that Person A must be innocent because of a "Stand your Ground" law. What ground?

The man was supposed to be Neighborhood Watch, not Neighborhood Watch, Pursue and Attack. You cannot claim "self defense" when you are the one approaching another individual. Zimmerman has no right, as a non-police citizen to demand information from Martin.

This is one subject that has ATS members showing their true colors. I always knew that this was mostly a middle-American, conservative and paranoid forum...but now we've got members with a picture of George Zimmerman as their avatar and proclaiming his innocence in their sigs, calling him an American hero.

This case deserves an investigation! How is it that the local authorities never even took Zimmerman in to custody?? One man is dead by another man's firearm. Might it not deserve SOME looking in to? Who cares what colors they are? If Zimmerman is innocent, bring him to court and allow a jury to decide. If Martin got himself killed by attacking another man and ending up shot, allow a jury to decide.

edit on 28-3-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
first thread ive seen thats not anti trayvon free zimmerman.... But I hope zimmerman kills himself

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
first thread ive seen thats not anti trayvon free zimmerman.... But I hope zimmerman kills himself

I hope he's taken to court and convicted if found guilty

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This Zimmerman is already pretty much screwed, as our justice system is guilty until proven innocent. Also if he does go to jail which he will all of the blacks will target him as a trophy. I know from experience its gladiator school for lots of whites let alone one that killed a black. People kill people everyday leave it alone let karma run its course.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
How can the police determine that there is not enough evidence for at least a case for manslaughter..or the DA I guess..if the DA was presented with the information to make the determination. Zimmerman has not official capacity to stalk people or confront them and question who they are in public places.

If I start a fight and then am getting my ass kicked...even if I feel like I may die if I do not kill....do I not hold some responsibility for starting the fight? Did he not start the fight by forcing a confrontation?

Perhaps we should let the jury decide.

People are claiming that the outrage is because a boy was killed by a man. That is sad enough on it's own. But the outrage stems from the fact that the boys family has been denied (so far) their day in court.

Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Im sorry... America needs tighter gun laws...

Like you can argue all you want about right to own a firearm (its a stupid argument)

i Enjoy firing Guns.. i really do, there is a buzz from it, i like the smell or the gun powder, i was trained in shooting weapons....

but here in the UK you cant own agun without a good reason... landowner, grounds keeper, farmer etc. essentially jobs where owning a gun is a tool. or you can be part of a shooting/gun club and own the weapon too, there is a imit to how the bullets (and how many) must be stored and the same with the owning of the fire arm, you cannot own a pistol in the uk, only rifles, in most cases shotguns or .22 caliber rifles...

Now i have seen arguments such as criminals arm them selves, its for protection etc. etc. im sorry the T's and C's on here dont let me to verbally express the level of stupidity of that thinking...

in the UK there is Gun crime, its is relativley low, it happens rarley compartitively to the states (per head) the reason for this is simple, owning a gun in the UK is illeagal unless there is a good reason... because of this almost any gun found is criminal and treated as such, you cannot buy a gun, and every gun leagally bought is monitored by the police (quite strictly) so its difficult for a standard criminal to get a gun... so most dont... yes people will get them if they really want. but that is a backwards logic... you could say the same about anything illeagal.

it would prevent stupid shootings like this, it would prevent wanna be heroes it would prevent massive gun crime as having a gun would come with massive implications always...

if there is no gun stores, no guns in houses, no gun importers there is alot less places to get your guns!!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by spav5
How can the police determine that there is not enough evidence for at least a case for manslaughter..or the DA I guess..if the DA was presented with the information to make the determination. Zimmerman has not official capacity to stalk people or confront them and question who they are in public places.

If I start a fight and then am getting my ass kicked...even if I feel like I may die if I do not kill....do I not hold some responsibility for starting the fight? Did he not start the fight by forcing a confrontation?

Perhaps we should let the jury decide.

People are claiming that the outrage is because a boy was killed by a man. That is sad enough on it's own. But the outrage stems from the fact that the boys family has been denied (so far) their day in court.

Peace

He should have called the police after the fight.... IF their was a fight, doubt their was.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spav5

Well to be honest, Trayvon's pretty much an adult - not the 7th grader I first saw pictures of on the news, but also not a dangerous thug. He was some young guy walking through a neighborhood who was confronted for some reason and ended up dead.

It deserves a thorough investigation, the media cannot be judge, jury and executioner here.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

He profiled, pursued and confronted another person based SOLELY on his appearance.

I have tried so hard to avoid these threads, this whole thing is really starting to give me a huge headache and it hurts my ears just to hear either of these guys names. But you are exactly right, Zimmerman followed the guy because he "looked suspicious". On ATS you constantly hear people giving crap to cops, talking about how they constantly overstep their boundaries and invade our privacy. "They can't do anything anything without probable cause", "you have the right to say no to searches", "you should not be harassed unless they have evidence you've committed crime", etc etc. Now we have this douche bag town hero who follows this guy based on a mere vague feeling that he is "suspicious", and he even does this against the advice given to him by dispatch, he hassles the guy and probably tried to put him under "citizens arrest" or something, and Martin obviously fought back. What did he expect?

If this were done by a real police officer based on a feeling that the guy was suspicious, ATS would be going nuts about how psychopathic the cop was. "Oh he can't even handle a kid without a gun, he shouldn't be a cop", "This cop is disgusting, targeting that kid for no good reason", "Cops these days are useless without their weapons", "I wish that kid had of kicked the cops ass, too bad he got shot" etc etc. Here we have some freaking unlicensed idiot who targets this INNOCENT CIVILIAN (he had not done anything wrong) and the kid ends up dead. And all we see are people posting "thug" images of the guy trying to some how justify Zimmerman's actions as if the kids looks alone were sufficient enough to target and shoot him.

I can hardly even visit ATS anymore without holding back my desire to throw up all over the screen. But I'm done with these threads now, that's all I needed to say. I refuse to get so sucked into this ridiculous nonsense, all it does it strengthen and perpetuate hatred. There are so many more important things in this world that need attention.
edit on 28-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
What ticks me off besides the fact that these threads keep popping up like mushrooms in the rain is that some "Watchgroup Z" people keep lying about the incident. They repeat the same lies over and over going as far as includining the lies in their thread titles. I'm pretty sure that is against the t&c.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

I agree with you, America needs a more strict gun control program.

We don't need wanna be cops with a false sense of authority walking around with guns.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Let's continue the discussion in one of the plenty existing threads.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join