It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USGS Confirms then Unconfirms 2.0 Magnitude QUAKE in GA.. Man-made by dynamite blast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

www.cbsatlanta.com...

Mar 27, 2012 7:30 PM EDT ATHENS, GA (CBS ATLANTA) -
The U.S. Geological Service says that while it initially confirmed an earthquake in Athens Tuesday afternoon, there turned out to be no quake. Initially, the USGS thought that a 2.0 magnitude quake hit the college town around 3 p.m. Later, the USGS reported that it was a mining-related event, and deleted their report.

Seems shady to me though yeah it could just be what it is on the surface - USGS registered it as tremor then realized it was from a dynamite blast so retracted it being a quake?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
kinda makes you think about that 1.5 in wisconsin with all the " noise "
edit on 28-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
re the video. the woman speaking says 1800 hrs is around 2.
Its 6 pm

Is this a LaFarge cement plant by any chance?
edit on 28-3-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps
kinda makes you think about that 1.5 in wisconsin with all the " noise "
edit on 28-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

that's what i'm thinking. i just posted in one of the wisconsin threads that it's possible it wasn't a real quake. even the experts say a 1.5 wouldn't cause that much noise.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The USGS are getting false readings caused by hydroseismic’ events ( fracking) as in the 5.6 in Oklahoma and 4.0 in Ohio and most recently although not confirmed as fracking, Clintonville.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

You know your name says it all. like the video. theres a lot of sounds that all seem to be in the usa. i live in little old england and we have not had the pleasure of the crazy sounds but you vid. seem to me any how that there digging, buliding, some sort of thing. dont think its ufo of aliens. just thought i would reply to you. BIGGER PICTURE keep it up

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
www.tatumba.com...

]1 of world’s largest quakes linked to fracking confirmed in northern B.C.

so only fracking has been admitted to cause quakes? why admit but then deny blasts can cause them?

top topics

join