It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP; I've become the pied piper of bugs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Do you keep it cool and dry in your home? I've noticed an increase in creepy crawlies whenever I cut back on the AC running, humidity makes them double overnight it seems. Be sure and keep the windows closed and wow, I would not have any carpet in the house, just makes it more comfy for them to breed in. It's good to vacuum a lot (even hardwood floors), it breaks the life cycle by picking up the eggs, definitely keep that up. The other posters had great advice too, I would do all that they advised if I were you.

One other thought, do you have a lot of trees, shade around your house? If so, and the ground gets marshy that would not be good....

Good Luck, I'm sure with all the poster imput you'll get a handle on this,

STM

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch

Do you keep it cool and dry in your home? I've noticed an increase in creepy crawlies whenever I cut back on the AC running, humidity makes them double overnight it seems. Be sure and keep the windows closed and wow, I would not have any carpet in the house, just makes it more comfy for them to breed in. It's good to vacuum a lot (even hardwood floors), it breaks the life cycle by picking up the eggs, definitely keep that up. The other posters had great advice too, I would do all that they advised if I were you.

One other thought, do you have a lot of trees, shade around your house? If so, and the ground gets marshy that would not be good....

Good Luck, I'm sure with all the poster imput you'll get a handle on this,

STM.

Unfortunately, new apt has carpeting and am trying to have management allow me to replace it with tiles or wood floors. Great point about humidity and will look into getting a dehumidifier. Thanks for ideas.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Odds are all those bugs moved with you in your belongings somewhere.
Go through all your things and eventually you will find the source of your troubles.
Particularly anything that may have gotten wet for any length of time.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I'm being totally serious when I say I took nothing. Furniture needed replacing so I left it and didn't even take clothes as I was scared they could hide in clothes. Only took some important papers, car and cat. Left behind electronics as mites were attracted to them.

Sounds crazy, I know, but conditions were right for a genuinely fresh start with everything.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I wonder if this has something to do with pheromones? We all have pheromones,that attract and repel other humans-maybe it works on animals and bugs in some cases too.You know,you'll find a person, who can be around the most vicious dogs,for instance,who would tear anyone else apart,but around this person they are calm and even affectionate.Or a cat that dislikes+avoids strangers,but always makes a bee-line(no pun intended)for a certain individual when they come to visit......Do try taking 3 raw cloves of garlic a day,it may help and the health benefits are excellent.Also get citronella essential oil+use an oil burner,in all rooms.Avoid vanilla scented things.And yes,if you possibly can,get rid of the carpeting.....I really hope something puts an end to this for you.I am a praying mantis-magnet,there's usualy at least one close to me.Last night,one was perching next to my pillow as i fell asleep,but i adore mantises,so its ok for me.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The only thing that I can see being the common denominator is Apartment Living. I am not sure what your financial circumstances are at present, but have you considered moving to a single stand alone flat or house. Perhaps some of the pest issues are not you at all but other apartment owners or renters.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Already saw all of the professionals and am not ashamed to admit I insisted they check for everything from scabies, lice to intestinal parasites. All tests came back negative. Just changed environments but I think the Springtails got in my car before I left so I brought them with me.

Someone is entering your home and putting the bugs in your stuff. Try getting supplies and staying inside your place for 2 weeks without leaving. Record how many people try to get you to leave your place for whatever reason. That should give you at least some answers.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
Eating garlic should be good against insect bites, they simply don't like it.

I found a list of thinks to eat or rub on your skin, to keep the bugs away, try them out, you might be lucky.

8 Foods to Defend Against Bug Bites
www.rd.com...

1. Garlic Several days before you take a camping or hiking trip into bug-filled territory, start eating garlic. Have a clove or two every day. As you sweat out the garlic odor, it repels many insects. Maybe this is where the myth of garlic repelling bloodsuckers came from!

There are other good benefits from eating garlic.

www.wellness-with-natural-health-supplements.com...
edit on 28-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

Also this and try drinking alcohol. They are repelled when its being sweat-ed out from your pores when you are sleeping. The pests wont bother you. See if it works I bet you 100% it will. An old roommate I had had the same probelm but it would only bother him if he wasnt drinking.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I'm not sure how much help is to be found here but you may find the article interesting and I think it could point towards further areas of study

Cultural Entomology

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Next was the arrival of those huge hairy bees who bored right through one of my eaves and attacked anything/anyone else in the environment. I don't care what anyone says; I can personally attest that those things sting.

common mistake here. You are referring to "Carpenter bees." These guys bore into wood to make a home and YES they do Sting. There is another Species with common name "Bumblebee." These guys DO NOT Sting.

Carpenter bees are "meaner" as well, and have a black part on the top of them that looks different.

Bug bomb the heck out of the house while you are on a mini vacation. Then keep a positive attitude, because I have noticed that bugged people, attract bugging bugs... It's like spiders snakes and others are the dark side and seeing something like mammals is more into the light side of things.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I have the impression that you need to understand the message from the bugs.

Once you understand what they are there to remind/tell you they leave u alone.

Anyway just an impression. . . you could try talking to them directly, if your open. animals dont lie.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by strangedays

Thanks for the recommendation, strangedays - this is a suggestion I like!!! In all seriousness, I'm willing to try anything at this point. Thanks again!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Not much help offered but very interesting read nevertheless. Thanks for replying!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Let there be pestilence on earth in the final days. Glad it's your little world and not mine

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Next was the arrival of those huge hairy bees who bored right through one of my eaves and attacked anything/anyone else in the environment. I don't care what anyone says; I can personally attest that those things sting.

common mistake here. You are referring to "Carpenter bees." These guys bore into wood to make a home and YES they do Sting. There is another Species with common name "Bumblebee." These guys DO NOT Sting.

Carpenter bees are "meaner" as well, and have a black part on the top of them that looks different.

Bug bomb the heck out of the house while you are on a mini vacation. Then keep a positive attitude, because I have noticed that bugged people, attract bugging bugs... It's like spiders snakes and others are the dark side and seeing something like mammals is more into the light side of things.

Fortunately, I'm no longer in that apartment and the bees didn't follow me thank goodness (at least not yet).

As for not "being bugged"' you're absolutely right in theory. It's sort of like the law of attraction (only an unwanted kind) but it's one of those situations in which when you're the one being earmarked and bitten all the time, it's hard to keep your cool but I definitely get what you're saying.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Treespeaker

I have the impression that you need to understand the message from the bugs.

Once you understand what they are there to remind/tell you they leave u alone.

Anyway just an impression. . . you could try talking to them directly, if your open. animals dont lie.

You may very well be right, Treespeaker. I'm a huge advocate of human/animal communication and should try extending it to the insects as well. I'll let you know if it works and thanks for reminding me that there's usually some type of message to be found in all experiences.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's your blood.......... They are after your blood.
Not kidding either, some people have a sweet smell
that Insects like and some don't .

My wife never gets bitten by fleas or anything else.
She doesn't really sweat either.

I get bitten and chased by all kinds of bugs as does my daughter.

So it's nothing your carrying with you, it is YOU they seek.

Sorry but that's what I think the problem is!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I've gone through the same problem not too long ago. Except for the spiders,thank god. Absolutely Nothing would kill the fleas, and they would bite me and my boyfriend all night long too the point where we'd wake up and our sheets would be covered with hundreds of blood dots. My legs were scabbed, and i wasn't comfortable anywhere in the house because they had completely taken over everything!!! But.... winter came and it got really cold at night, they all seemed to just disappear after. I guess they just froze to death? I don't know what that means symbolically in your life, maybe you are special, it seems more like a curse to me...It's like my stepdad, everywhere he went ,flies would manifest- out of nowhere. He would joke that they were his spies, but it really freaked me out because they would linger after he left and fly right into my face and pester me. Bad juju.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have heard that ultrasonic bug repellers work. I have not tried them though.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal

Fortunately, I'm no longer in that apartment and the bees didn't follow me thank goodness (at least not yet).

As for not "being bugged"' you're absolutely right in theory. It's sort of like the law of attraction (only an unwanted kind) but it's one of those situations in which when you're the one being earmarked and bitten all the time, it's hard to keep your cool but I definitely get what you're saying.

I said that because you mentioned an enlightening experience that may be or not related to the bugs that came around afterward?

Well, let me say that after my own experience partially portrayed in my avatar, I had negative energy trying to bring me down.. mostly at night time. So what I meant was that at first this stuff may be worse than ever. At some point, you will overcome it. Like something doesn't want you to keep evolving your consciousness. It never really goes away, you just have to get stronger than it. Keep moving forward or whatever haha..

It could be the dark side of your/our subconscious mind or even unconscious mind being "brought into the light" by our new found awareness. I don't really know, but it is good to be good,

It's what happened to me anyway.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join