It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Hands off Bigfoot?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It sounds like a bumper sticker from Berkeley or Seattle. But, "hands off Bigfoot" might be sound policy. If I were a scientist and I has incontrovertible proof that Bigfoot exists, I would probably cover it up. ("Arghh...throw him off the forum!")

My reasoning is simple. When humans know about a species there is about a "bazillion" percent higher chance of that species being extinct within a hundred years. I believe that if there is an actually existing Bigfoot then he or she would become a source for DNA harvesting, given the commonality with humans.

As it is, they are a protected species in that their existence is not acknowledged. Hence, a Bigfoot tooth cannot be sold for "traditional Chinese medicine" since no one would believe the seller. If the existence of Bigfoot is confirmed, that story changes. I think that a cover-up is actually good in this regard, until the human species progresses beyond where we are.

My sense is that if these folks exist then they are close to being human. So close, and yet so far. If you see one, just smile and know that the Universe is vast. Leave the youtube video's to other subjects or else to the hoaxes. Forum discussions are good, but I for one hope that they are never found, at least not for a while.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthEvolves

It takes one person telling the truth if bigfoot(s) is real are not. . I tend to believe that they are real. same thing with ufo's aliens etc.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I have seen prints but no hair avails...at least some dimwit thinks so...stinky hair I say or flesh from a shotgun...sorry,but before I die,mr big must come out of hiding and hang out with james cammeron.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Sasquatch do such a good job maintaining their population, which is most likely fairly large, away from the prying eyes of humans, that even when one goes looking for them, they are most likely not going to find them. This is due to a number of factors, a big one being that the majority of humans who enter the woods are by no means stealthy enough to catch one of these animals off-guard.

This is why there are quite a few reports from hunters, as they make it a point to remain stealthy while in the woods. That, and they frequent the woods more often than your average person. I used to think the same thing you presented to be honest, but recently I have begun to think that we may actually be harming the species more than protecting them by not having them scientifically recognized.

I believe that currently the best course of action for us is to come up with a preservation and protection plan, strictly enforced given the circumstances, because the forthcoming proof is inevitable. It may happen soon given that the Ketchum report may actually have the DNA proof the community has been waiting for.

But if that project flops, the sheer interest in the species has been growing recently, which gives me hope that the proof may not be that far away. Especially as recording technology improves. The question at this point is not whether the species exist, but how exactly they flourish amongst humans, all over the continental United States and Canada, while remaining virtually hidden.

Honestly though, they haven't remained hidden. There are thousands upon thousands of sightings, only a small percentage of which get reported to a bigfooting organization, which is mainly due to fear of ridicule, which means that people are in fact seeing them.

I strictly blame those who call out witnesses, sometimes brutally, because of their own ignorance of the species' existence. Even before the time I got lucky enough to see one, I thought they were real. This is mainly because it is a logical assumption based on all the evidence that has been collected and/or documented, from hair, tracks, audio, video, destroyed objects, saliva, stool, and even more.

At this point is more illogical to assume the creatures are myth than to say that all sighting reports are false, given their sheer number and detail, many of those details presenting and outlining behavioral patterns that the animals exhibit. The distribution of footprint sizes based on track measurements present a bell-curved graph, the same way it would for a legitimate animal species; and counter to what would be produced by over half a century of hoaxing tracks, some in the middle of nowhere that had little chance of being found to begin with.

Take the 3 mile trackway recently discovered. There is no possible way a human made them, as the video clearly shows the depth of the snow, the length of strides compared, etc...I know this is not what the thread was about, lol, but I figured I would post this before someone comes in to say that sasquatch do not exist.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
There are MANY places in North America where an intelligent creature could life with minimal detection. For instance, there have been several credible Bigfoot sightings less than 20 miles from my house, in the Ouachita mountains. There are plenty of areas there where people simply do not go. Couple that with the general disregard at best, outright mocking at worst, way that Bigfoot reports are treated in the court of public opinion, and you have a set of circumstances that are perfect for such a creature to exist.

The biggest hurdle for this creature to be A) proven to exist, and B) accepted as a legitimate creature, is the opinion of the scientific community. It is not a lack of evidence, as there have been several hair samples that have been analyzed and have been shown to contain both primate and human dna, yet not be strictly either one.

There is evidence for the existence of Bigfoot, but until modern science allows for the possibility, it will not be accepted.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RidgeWalker

Perhaps mainstream scientists do believe that this creature exists but are engaging in a benevolent conspiracy for its protection.

I hope so!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
A bazillion ?

edit on 28-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The thought never crossed my mind. Proof of Bigfoot is being covered up to protect the creature? It does make sense. I agree with you when you said:

When humans know about a species there is about a "bazillion" percent higher chance of that species being extinct within a hundred years.

Except the "Bazillion" part.....JK

If some one is covering up the proof for Mr. Foot, I would have to say that it is only a matter of time before some one else comes forward with some evidence. Weather it be a scientist or some mountain man with a poloroid pic. Not everyone will share your view about keeping it hidden. I do, but someone will want the proof they have, to come forward.
I guess what I'm getting at is......Money talks, and anyone with proof would hear that money talking.
I guess Dis-Information, in this case, would be on bigfoot's side.

IMO, Good point you've made. Star for ya!

TXML

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
"Bazillion" defined by Wiktionary:

1. (slang, hyperbolic) An unspecified large number (of).

quotations
* “I have a bazillion of these kernel messages showing up in my logs” — [1]
* “I need TWO bazillion [dollars]. ” — [2]
* "87 bazillion guns!" — [3]
* "I wouldn't sleep with him in a bazillion years, but I'm not scared of him." [1]

It is generally used as a slang term referring to a large number beyond a trillion but less than a google (both real numbers). Synonyms might include "a gazillion" or perhaps a "Watrillion." Perhaps "Manga amounts" might suffice. Some might say "a way lot, dude."

Yes, I know that there is no actual number called a "bazillion." I *is* a credentialed Mathematics teacher.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

A lil harassment your way I'll admit. But more so, I just jumped on the chance to post some Evil. Anyway a bump
and a SnF for a good theory on the elusive human hybrid alien generated god forsaken earth dwelling old time gold miner from hell.

Randyvious

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well, if had posted some evil you might have been one of the political spammers around here. As it was, you posted a good bit of laughter and a "bazillion" good humorous spin-offs.

I could also be wrong. It might be that we should do Bigfoot research in order to protect it. But, there has to be a reason that mainstream scientists won't go anywhere near this. What is interesting is that if a Gigantopithecus or a hominid branch were still alive then would that not confirm evolution? Is that not what mainstream scientists are desperate for?

*UNLESS*....*MAYBE*...they are deeply fearful of a Christian crusade or Islamic Jihad against the creature on that basis, that of fanatics believing that the creature must be a demon because it would verify the evolution narrative. Again, the danger of religious extremism might be greater than rednecks, overzealous scientists, and insecure males who want a girlfriend resembling Lucy Liu. A religious crusade/jihad against Bigfoot might sound ridiculous, but so does a jihad against flying kites or eating pizza. I would not put anything past Homo Sapiens at this point.

By the way, a lot of Native Americans seem to believe that this is a paranormal phenomenon. That might be another reason mainstream scientists don't go near it. Native beliefs are complex, however, and cannot be boiled down to the simple dualities between Nature and Super-Nature that western culture embraces. I know a lot of you will dismiss Native beliefs but admit at least that they have been here on the Turtle Continent much longer than either atheist scientists or Christians.
edit on 29-3-2012 by EarthEvolves because: Needed a fill out

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Im totaly with you on that! Let them live in peace. Humans are still to primitive.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
We can all believe what we believe when it comes to the existance of the Sasquatch, and I do personally believe they exist.
The hard goddamn truth of the matter is that regardless of what people believe and what people say they saw, the 100% proof will have to come in the form of a body, wether dead or alive. When that happens we have to start worrying about those poor creatures as science and society will not be satisfied with just one or two bodies to study.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The Jewish legend of Adnei Hasadeh is interesting. It is the "Master of the Fields," or "Man of the Fields." Some classify it as an Orangutan, but with strangely human features. There are legends of it having a paranormal dimension.

Interesting. Interesting indeed.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I saw a documentary recently (I think it was one the latest Monster Quest programs) which really prompted me to consider that some scientists don't want it to be found.

One of the expeditions spread scents and hung glittering CDs into a tree, and their "secret cameras" could be seen from a mile away.

They acted like Bigfoot was some kind of monkey that would come out and play if it saw something shiny, and smelt strange odors, and the scent of humans trampling through the forest like elephants.

Now Bigfoot obviously has some intelligence, and if the evidence shows anything, it's that they avoid humans!

If you want to catch it on film, one would think disguising human scents with local smells, and sneaking into the location without a twig snapping, and mounting the tiniest camera would be more appropriate.

They re-examined the Patterson footage, and they believe it is genuine, but they have this scientific belief that it's a just a monkey or unknown ape.

It's probably going to take more decades before they realize it has intelligence, and can spot their shenanigans from miles away, while they waste these opportunities.
edit on 4-4-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Maybe the scientists have benevolent reasons. Maybe they are actually good guys who want to protect Mr. Foot from the hunting boot who would stomp on him.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Thank You EarthEvolves for one of the better threads in this section. S an F for you!

One of the most unpopular ideas in Bigfooting is ''Hand's Off'' for everyone across the board. No more researchers harassing them with call blasting and leaving ''treats'' out like they are someone's lost puppy.
No more hunting them for a specimen to ''prove'' their existance.

Finding Bigfoot has spurred a revival in interest which isn't in Bigfoot's best interest.

I think your idea has real merit that our Government's ignoring them for their benefit. WOW even typing that feels odd, but there you have it. The huge problem is going having the research groups realize they aren't special and they need to leave them alone. Too many people are invested in it to just let it go.

Ironically by trying to come up with definative ''proof'' these self appointed researchers have most likely signed it's death warrant. As much as I look forward to the DNA Study weilding some answers, I dread it since it's just another nail in the coffin of Bigfoot's mystery and way of life.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

I'm not so sure anymore it is a death warrant.

The habitat and rights of the species will be better protected if they are known.

I think it is a bigger "death warrant" (in a metaphorical sense) to our culture, and especially to long-held scientific assumptions.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

Now, if only the government would do something in *OUR* best interests! That would be great too, you know!

top topics

join