It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet Lovers Please Read

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
ZiwiPeak makes hands down the best tasting and most nutritious food for pets. If you're looking for a dog food with no GMOs or unnatural additives you have got to try ZiwiPeak. It is a bit more expensive but you can't buy organic for nothing. I am a huge believer in the quality and nutritional value in this line of food.

At ZiwiPeak our first priority is to ensure the long-term health, wellbeing and longevity of your beloved pet through our superior and natural nutrition. Excellent nutrition is vital to your pet’s life, just as it is to yours. The key to providing the best diet possible is a keen and detailed understanding of what your dog or cat requires and how its digestion system functions. These are the key factors that have led to the development of our ZiwiPeak air dried and moist cuisine. We have developed real meat pet foods that emulate the wild prey diet your animal would have hunted and thrived on in the wild. Therefore, ZiwiPeak works in harmony with their digestion system, so that they get everything they need to live a full and energetic life. ZiwiPeak has been formulated to provide all the vitamins, minerals and goodness your pet needs at every life stage, so there should be no need for you to buy expensive supplements for your pet. There are no added sugars, salt, glycerines, antibiotics, hormones, preservatives, colourings, fillers, grains or potatoes in ZiwiPeak. Our products are also GMO free, with no ethoxyquin, BHA or BHT and no propylene glycol.

www.ziwipeak.com...

It is the absolute best and I will never buy anything else for my pets.
edit on 28-3-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Sorry to hear about your poor Rotty. I have a buddy who uses the Solid Gold w Bison as the first ingredient. His dog is always in peak condition it seems. Built like a tank to be honest, and very healthy coat. It must be good stuff. He was my inspiration to try some better eats for my own.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Again, there is nothing on the market that can compare to ZiwiPeak.. You want a dog food where the meat is not cooked at high temperatures exhausting all the nutrients your dog needs to live. A natural canine diet is actually raw meat therefore to get the benefits of raw meat ZiwiPeak smokes and flash drys all their meats. This allows it to contain 90+ % of all the natural wonderful nutrients your dog needs to be it's healthiest.

I don't know what Solid Gold does with their meats but I do know what ZiwiPeak does. Solid Gold lists nothing on their website regarding their meats preparation process. My guess is that's because they don't do anything special or take into account the importance of raw nutrients. Obviously organic is the best option for our pets but it goes beyond that when you want to break it down to a physiological level. The dogs need meat packed with nutrients and so far the only company that publicly expresses this is ZiwiPeak. That's why I will stick with ZiwiPeak..
edit on 29-3-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
i have a dog and 2 cats. i believe most commercial food is crap. i found out that most dry foods for cats can lead to kidney problems and crystals in their urine.

i'm not so sure vets have anything to do with it. i mostly blame the pet food companies for putting crap in the food to make a big profit.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

I use Innova Evo and have since my cat was a kitten. I rarely switched up his food. He's quite strong and healthy. I'm thinking about something different because Evo is getting too pricey.

My cat is a Siamese/Abyssinian mix and is very vocal, very playful and acts like a dog, following me around for attention (he'll even fetch!).

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

After reading about all the crap they put in pet foods, i decided to make my own. And it is cheaper than the expensive dog food. What ever meat is on sale at the grocery store, i buy and mix it with a can of veggies some rice or pasta and the dogs love it

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Thank goodness I never gave my Lazarus Fancy Feast, but I wish someone had warned me about the "Temptations" treats. He had become so addicted to the treats that he did not want to eat anything else. If left to his own choices he would eat the darn things until he was throwing up. Now he is going through a cold turkey withdrawal from the Temptations treats and he is fighting mad, so he screams all night and smacks the treat dispenser all around the house, clacking, scraping and screaming all night. If I go into the kitchen he is like a heat seeking missile, right between my feet darting with the speed and skill of a Teppanyaki chef, slicing, weaving and I know, trying his darnedest to land me in hospital in full traction.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Aren't all cats useless?

I have never been a fan because they only seem to like people when then want or need something.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

My cat will not even eat treats.

I wonder if this has to do with the fact that I've always fed him high-quality food?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Thanks for your thread. First, cats are not useless, they just don't suck up to people like dogs do (ah drooling, what can I please do for you Sir! yuck...) Your experiment with the foods is a good idea, but human food is more likely to elicit an allergic reaction then a good pet food, and sometimes they may not exhibit obvious symptoms. For dogs or cats its a good idea to provide both soft food (largely because as with humans the moisture aids digestion) and hard food, that helps clean the teeth.

Best of luck with experimenting but many animals just can't eat the stuff people do.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
We have been feeding both of our dogs a grain-free formula food called Taste of the Wild since they were adopted. They have a very healthy appearance and a high energy/activity level with no issues when they receive their normal veterinary check-ups. I should also mention that my sister-in-law is our vet and she also feeds her dogs this food. On a personal note, the bison formula actually smells like meat to me instead of the indistinguishable order of store-bought dog food.

Here is an excerpt from the company's website:

Pacific Stream Canine® Formula
A fish protein, grain-free formula with sweet potatoes provides highly digestible energy for your sensitive dog. Made with real smoked salmon, this formula offers a taste sensation like no other. Supplemented with fruits and vegetables, this fish and potato formula delivers natural antioxidants to help give your friend a healthy lifestyle. Your dog craves a taste of the wild. Go ahead and give him one.

Protein: 25% Minimum, Fat: 15% Minimum
Calcium: 1.9%, as-fed; Phosphorus: 1.1%, as-fed
Calories: 3,600 kcal/kg (360 kcal/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy
Available in 5lb, 15lb and 30lb bags. www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com...

I would not eat poor quality food and do not expect my dogs to do the same. Take their word for it:

edit on 29-3-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
My dogs, 2 Great Pyrenees and a Rat Terrier, get regular dog food but mostly eat what we eat. They get the trimmings from any meat I fix, and they love green beans. [They get the veggies we have mixed with the meat] Not too wild about carrots, but if you mix them with the green beans, down they go. They are healthy, happy, but a little bossy. When they hear me honing my chef's knife, in prep for trimming meat, they set at the kitchen door and STARE at me till I give'em a bite.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

I use Innova Evo and have since my cat was a kitten. I rarely switched up his food. He's quite strong and healthy. I'm thinking about something different because Evo is getting too pricey.

My cat is a Siamese/Abyssinian mix and is very vocal, very playful and acts like a dog, following me around for attention (he'll even fetch!).

I never heard of that brand before but just Googled it. Perhaps I'll give it a try to at least wean her off of the Fancy Feast.

By the way, it sounds as if our feline companions have much in common, with the exception of gender, as my girl is also extremely vocal and has a temperament more akin to a dog than a cat.

link   
I change the dog food brand ever two weeks.
my dog dose not like this.
so I use instant gravey for tast.

I buy some of the best biscuts.
and fill the bowl ever day.
my dog only eats what she needs.

my self? I eat very badly!
THEY dont wont us to be very health!
it keeps us down and makes money from doctors.

link   
I change the dog food brand ever two weeks.
my dog dose not like this.
so I use instant gravey for tast.

I buy some of the best biscuts.
and fill the bowl ever day.
my dog only eats what she needs.

my self? I eat very badly!
THEY dont wont us to be very health!
it keeps us down and makes money from doctors.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Your descriptions made me chuckle although the subject matter is no joke. I'm not looking forward to the weaning process but at least now I can take measures to wrap myself in bubble wrap for when the inevitable attack comes

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
A pet food company's bottom line is affected by how nutritious their product is. There are terrible pet foods, and great ones. I buy Purina for my cats, it is in the middle and they are very healthy. Purina has scientist that will give you the most bang for your nutritional buck. I sound like an ad but they love the stuff. If I was rich I would buy them Science Diet.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Purina and Science Diet are not even close to the same quality as ZiwiPeak or Taste Of The Wild.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join