It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Entire Space Program Is A Hoax And A Massive Deception

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

bloc read this..

Eratosthenes calculated the circumference of the Earth without leaving Egypt. Eratosthenes knew that on the summer solstice at local noon in the Ancient Egyptian city of Swenet (known in Greek as Syene, and in the modern day as Aswan) on the Tropic of Cancer, the sun would appear at the zenith, directly overhead (he had been told that the shadow of someone looking down a deep well would block the reflection of the Sun at noon). He also knew, from measurement, that in his hometown of Alexandria, the angle of elevation of the sun was 1/50th of a circle (7°12') south of the zenith on the solstice noon. Assuming that the Earth was spherical (360°), and that Alexandria was due north of Syene, he concluded that the meridian arc distance from Alexandria to Syene must therefore be 1/50 = 7°12'/360°, and was therefore 1/50 of the total circumference of the Earth. His knowledge of the size of Egypt after many generations of surveying trips for the Pharaonic bookkeepers gave a distance between the cities of 5000 stadia (about 500 geographical miles or 800 km). This distance was corroborated by inquiring about the time that it takes to travel from Syene to Alexandria by camel. He rounded the result to a final value of 700 stadia per degree, which implies a circumference of 252,000 stadia. The exact size of the stadion he used is frequently argued. The common Attic stadion was about 185 m,[9] which would imply a circumference of 46,620 km, i.e. 16.3% too large. However, if we assume that Eratosthenes used the "Egyptian stadion"[10] of about 157.5 m, his measurement turns out to be 39,690 km, an error of less than 2%.[11]
you now know how the earth is measured if you bothered reading it..

edit on 24 4 2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by paradox

I said lunar meteorites exist,for the same reason why i say the earth is round,because i have been taught and told to think it is for so long,i believe it is,but is the earth really round? so i'm told,but i dont know? i cant prove the earth is round from my extremely limited vantage point upon the tiny speck of ground where i live

Read
u can launch a rocket to a high altitude and take pictures of the earth (which various government agencies and private groups have already done thousands of times in the past), but that isn't the most practical way. Pictures and videos taken by orbiting satellites and space stations are certainly the most definitive proof that the earth is a sphere.

But if you're not convinced, read on...

You can also observe, with binoculars, ships slowly 'sinking' below the horizon as it sails farther and farther out to the ocean, then watch them come back. They certainly didn't fall off the edge of the earth! You can also sail or fly around the world.

The Greeks discovered that the earth is round by observing lunar eclipses (i.e. when the earth blocks the sun from the moon, casting its round shadow on the moon's surface).

Another method is simultaneously measuring the length of the shadows cast by identical poles perpendicular to a flat surface that is tangential to the earth's radius at various, distant locations. If indeed the earth is round, then the shadows should all vary in length from one distant location to another, which means that the angle at which the parallel rays of sunlight struck each pole varied from one location to another. (recall the alternate-angles theorem from Geometry class) If the earth is flat, then the lengths of all the shadows should be identical when measured simultaneously, since all rays of sunlight that strike the earth are parallel. However, they are not identical, but in fact, varies in such a way that the angles indicate a spherical surface. (This was one of the earliest methods to determine the radius of the earth)

You now know it is round..again if you bothered reading it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

reply to post by paradox

i cant prove the earth is round from my extremely limited vantage point upon the tiny speck of ground where i live,
Get out in your garden off your lazy backside and do this experiment ..Eratosthenes did it so can you

read how he did it i will explain it to you .....he knew the earth was round read on..

He did this by measuring the length of a stick's shadow at two different latitudes. Because the Earth is round, the shadow lengths were different (one stick saw the Sun directly overhead, while the other saw it off to the side a bit). Since he knew the difference in the shadow lengths, and the distance between the two sticks, he was able to calculate the size of the spherical Earth.

You have no excuses saying before about your specky ground drivel as that is not an excuse .
Go get your sticks, don't tell me you have none because i an't buying it.

When you got your sticks do as i mentioned read below ..

If you stick a stick in the [sticky] ground, it will produce a shadow. The shadow moves as time passes (which is the principle for ancient Shadow Clocks). If the world had been flat, then two sticks in different locations would produce the same shadow:

But they don’t. This is because the earth is round, and not flat:

Eratosthenes (276-194 BCE) used this principle to calculate the circumference of the Earth quite accurately bloc.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Those simple types of experiments,others more complex and visual observations as well,supposedly proving the earth is round,might be the result of atmospheric anomalies,visual magnification effects and optical illusions,because the sun,earth and moon may actually look like the image within the following link, showing very clearly what i meant when i said the sun is a lot closer and much smaller than we are taught to believe and told to think it is > s236.photobucket.com...
edit on 10-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Wow are you serious? You think Earth looks like that? Are you telling me you think it is impossible to go directly one way and come around the other side of the Earth? That you honestly believe someone can "fall off" the ocean or hit a wall or something? That the sun just circles above us and therefore doesn't set on a horizon?

Are you freaking kidding me right now blocula?
Honestly dude, are you retarded?
edit on 6-10-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

He didn't mention the elephants
or the turtle.

edit on 6/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

If you think it is all an illusion go find a policemen, grab a stone, throw it at him and tell me if your not inside state custody what the result was.. i guarantee you that it is not an illusion but your free to try if you dare master bloc

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

LOL I think he just might in another post or two.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Phage and paradox you to made my day

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

I said it may,meaning its possible that the sun,earth and moon might look like the image in the link above and everything we are told about the earth being round,might be nothing but blatant lies and everything we are shown about the earth being round,might be nothing but photo and film psych-ops,sinister grand deceptions meant to keep us severely dumbed down and as far away as possible from knowing about our true reality...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

reply to post by paradox

I said it may,meaning the sun,earth and moon might look like that image in the link above and everything that we are told about the earth being round,might be nothing but lies and everything we are shown about the earth being round,might be nothing but photo and film psych-ops,sinister grand deceptions meant to keep us severely dumbed down and as far away as possible from knowing about our true reality...

LMFAO Noo know more bloc i already spilt my coffee with phages pic which made me laugh, now i got you coming out with that comment..

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

reply to post by paradox

I said it may,meaning its possible that the sun,earth and moon might look like the image in the link above and everything we are told about the earth being round,might be nothing but blatant lies and everything we are shown about the earth being round,might be nothing but photo and film psych-ops,sinister grand deceptions meant to keep us severely dumbed down and as far away as possible from knowing about our true reality...

Bloc are you on something ? look this is what the earth looks like

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

We are going around and around,but not around upon a circular globe,but around and around upon a slightly curved convex disc...s236.photobucket.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Think about this while falling asleep,click on the image in the link above to enlarge it,look very closely and realize how the sun,earth and moon might actually be a science experiment,hoovering suspended and slowly revolving inside the laboratory of a super advanced alien civilization existing within another dimension and theres no denying the possibility,thats what our reality could really be...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

thats what our reality could really be

So what?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Think about this while falling asleep,
zzzzzzzz

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

reply to post by paradox

Even the ancient Babylonians knew more about basic astronomy than you apparently do. Go away and read a book. Better yet buy a small telescope. Expand your mind. Lord knows that there's enough vacuum in space, but it's a terrible thing to see in a human brain.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Whats amazing,is how easily i'm able to counter any and all of the force fed as facts about the lunar missions,how easily i'm able to offer alternate viewpoints,possible and plausible,opening peoples eyes and minds to the reality of facing the suppressed and brutal truth,that we have been blatantly lied to and misled about so many different things,for so very long...

Delusion. Yes we've been lied to but it's you who has been lying for 100+ pages now.

You claim to have an open mind, we're going to see about that.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

or i can openly face the inevitable ridicule and denial for daring to disagree with the majority of misled flocks of mainstream sheeple...

As far as I'm concerned you do not face ridicule for daring to disagree but for doing so without any credible evidence or logical reasons. You tend to keep your reasons to yourself only stating what you believe seemingly without any concept of reality.

Now that you have revealed this

,because the sun,earth and moon may actually look like the image within the following link, showing very clearly what i meant when i said the sun is a lot closer and much smaller than we are taught to believe and told to think it is > s236.photobucket.com...

We finally have something we can work with. If you truly have an open mind you can look at this and think for yourself about the problems with this model and there are many. This model does not fit with astronomical observations from different locations and distances between various locations around the world.

For ease of illustration I'll show you this

SOURCE

Can you see any problems with your model when compared to our actual experience? You should be able to see for yourself why this model is not actually a possibility. What do you think about it now?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

We are going around and around,but not around upon a circular globe,but around and around upon a slightly curved convex disc...s236.photobucket.com...¤t=FlatEarth.jpg&newest=1

I didn't see this for some reason, but having finally accessed the picture I can't stop giggling. Right, so now you're a flat earther are you? Really? Do you really believe this rubbish or are you just deliberately pulling our chains again?

new topics

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join