It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Curious Question about Snopes, Politifact and FactCheck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
My brother mentioned that he has never seen anything negative written about Obama on snopes. I was thinking the same thing. In fact, I wonder if anybody has read anything that holds the POTUS in a negative light on any of these websites?

Posting the article would help, if you think they have tarnished his shining armor somehow.

Thank you.

Off to bed. I'll check back in the A.M..
Sweet dreams to all.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

There are certainly rumors of Barack Obama that Snopes has shown to be true or partly true, which show him in a bad, or questionable way.
Here's just a handful that I found.....

www.snopes.com...

www.snopes.com...

www.snopes.com...

www.snopes.com...

www.snopes.com...

www.snopes.com...

And this last one isn't negative, but just a fun bit of trivia www.snopes.com...
edit on 28-3-2012 by bhornbuckle75 because: Accidentally stuck one link in twice.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
FactCheck.org Unfairly Targets President Obama, Again

"FactCheck.org is just the latest to succumb to the urge to criticize President Obama just to be able to say they were “fair and balanced.”

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Snopes always seems to find the right words to show Obama in a good light even when the factual truth is the opposite. --Don't ask for actual examples, Snopes is there.

I would suggest that on this most recent "open Mic" affair in Korea that Snopes escuses him royally.
It's called "spin" and comes in such little bitty pieces that sometimes you don't even recognize it. It takes some degree of knowledge about the English language to know how things can be faded from lie into truth, etc.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Bottom line is they are self appointed authorities that lazy sheeple blindly trust and have been proven to be biased and even liars in the past.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I dont know about the other two sites, but Snopes is about as factual as the enquirer.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Could you prove that with some examples......They always explain there conclusions in a fairly thorough way, so that someone can research it themselves....Please give an example of them doing otherwise.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

A biased argument is plausible (though open to interpretation)....but please give an example where they have outright lied.

new topics

top topics

join