It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the minimum change you'll stop to pick up in a parking lot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm just wondering. If I see a penny on the ground I will ignore it. In fact I may see that penny some time later with everyone ignoring it. Today I saw a dime in the parking lot. I looked at it but didn't bother to pick it up. Would you?

I believe if I saw a quarter I would stop and pick it up. Apparently if it's only a dime, I'll leave it for someone else who might be more excited about it. Now if I dropped it, I would pick it up. How about you? What's the minimum change you'll stop to pick up in an old parking lot but still busy?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I throw pennies in thr garbage lol..

I only pickup Quarters or more.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I pick up anything silver or green.

No brown money.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Are you kidding? I'll pick up anything. I've been known to go out of my way to check out something that looked like a penny from a distance.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

HaHaHa I throw pennies out too, then feel really guilty about it.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I pick up any and all money, even pennies. You never know, it could be a very rare penny that is worth something.

I guess it all goes back to my mom. When I was a teenager we went shopping, and in the parking lot was a penny. She told me to pick it up. I said, "No way, it's just a penny, and not worth stooping over to get." She then proceeded to chew me out and said, "Oh, like you're so wealthy that you can pass up free money on the ground. Pennies add up to dollars, so pick it up and don't give me no lip."

She has a point. Yes, it is only a penny, but they add up, and I'm not so wealthy that I cannot bend over to pick up some free coin. I pick up everything that is legal tender.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
All of it.

To do otherwise is to incur the wrath of Mammon.

You have been warned.

(click me)
edit on 27-3-2012 by Xoanon because: click him, go on....

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Penny's from 1983 and beyond are pure copper in these them there parts....If the parking lot was safe,I'm sure penny would go home with me

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Hmmm, that's a good question, how much will it take? I'm gonna agree and say my minimum is a quarter too. Who doesn't love a quarter?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Come to think of it, I hate change and chuck pennies away too. I'll admit, if a nickle and dime fell out of my pocket I'd keep walking but a quarter I'm picking up all day. Quarters rock, the rest can ef off.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

That would be nice to find quarters instead of nickles

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
I pick up anything silver or green.

No brown money.

How about a ripped bill? If the bill is missing 40% itself do you still pick it up, as long as it's not brown? Yeah, stay away from colored money, red is another good color to steer clear from.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

any thing shiny eh Igor

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I have a habit of picking up heads-up pennies everytime I see one.

That said I don't really pick up nickels, dimes or heads-down pennies haha. Quarters are usually good for the coke machine at work so I'd maybe go for one of those

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
my favorite is green quarters

too bad nobody drops those

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

What a great thread - lets see how cheap we all are!

Personally, i won't stop unless it is 50p or more.......

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I saw a shiny penny on the floor today. I ignored it again. I was thinking maybe I should pick it up to see if it will bring me good luck? Then I could test my luck by going out and spending $6 on lottery tickets for a one in 176 million chance of winning over $400 million in the biggest US lottery in history. Then I thought, that doesn't sound so bright. I'll just ignore the penny and forget the lottery tickets too. I'm not that lucky.
edit on 28/3/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join