It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alarming Discussion With Noam Chomsky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I found this interview of Noam Chomsky - the title is pretty accurate. Professor Chomsky begins with a little history lesson and proceeds to comment on topics from OWS, Climate Change, Ron Paul and the state of politics and business in the USA and around the world.

He reveals some pretty startling information regarding recent environmental studies and his views on the media and climate change deniers. He highlights how recent global polls show that Americans are the least concerned with climate change, despite being the biggest per capita contributors. Chomsky attributes this to the corporate owned media propaganda that we are blasted with daily.

The interview ends with Chomsky giving his personal and professional opinion on how the elections will turn out. He claims Ron Paul has no chance because he has zero business support. Chomsky clearly states that the elections are bought. He also states that the Occupy movement is nowhere near the scale of what is needed to actually make change.

Some of this is a little hard for me to hear from someone I respect and trust.

This is an extremely interesting and candid interview with Professor Noam Chomsky. Some statistics are revealed that I do plan to attempt to verify tomorrow morning. I hope at least some of you watch the entire interview, but it gets particularly interesting during the last 10 minutes. I'm very surprised this video has been viewed so little. =(

edit on 27-3-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

Also, I'm pretty sure this doesn't belong in this forum. Sorry for making you work harder, mods!
edit on 27-3-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
America as a democracy, the irony, fearmongery and warmongery of it all

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

The four best Chomsky books are

1) At War with Asia

2) Political Economy of Human Rights, Vol. 1 and 2

3) World Orders: Old and New

4) Year 501: The Conquest Continues.

It takes a lot of effort to really study Chomsky's political analysis -- take a lot of time, settle down, and enjoy your mind being transformed. I would say Chomsky is definitely a transformative process.

Very few people really read Chomsky in my opinion. Luckily his speeches and interviews get recirculated in the underground internet yet Chomsky overseas is actually given much better attention.

Thanks for this new interview.

To try to promote Chomsky's views in a normal discussion is not allowed as the masses are mind controlled -- including the Democrats. haha.

Personally I think Chomsky is not radical enough but he's definitely a necessary step in the process of radicalization.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Noam s Cool, but the interviewer sucks large!
If one cannot understand that the evil in this world is primarily created by corporate pillage of the worlds peoples....and resources, and it has gone on unimpeded since before Jesus came here.....!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Noam s Cool, but the interviewer sucks large!
If one cannot understand that the evil in this world is primarily created by corporate pillage of the worlds peoples....and resources, and it has gone on unimpeded since before Jesus came here.....!

I agree about the interviewer.

It was surprising to me that this interviewer was able to get not just this interview, but many others with Chomsky.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Noam Chomsky is a gatekeeper. He controls the discourse of the left. There are many issues that he refuses to discuss, including 9/11.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

He doesn't refuse to discuss 9/11 -- the position of Chomsky is the same as his position on the JFK assassination. Chomsky is a structuralist so such episodes he considers to be inevitable disputes among the elites and so 9/11 was "blowback" just like the assassination of JFK.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Yeah Noam Chomsky is amazingly accessible.

I contacted him in 2000 about his book At War with Asia which I read in its original printing. I had lost my book -- actually it seemed to have been "disappeared" by someone not wanting me to read it. haha. Anyway I was telling Chomsky that it's too bad this book wasn't in print since it was the best expose on the U.S. genocidal attack on Indochina....

So Chomsky responded that it was difficult to get his books back into print because they were not read by many although his interviews were read by more people.

He said how people are not as literate now as say in the 1930s when there would be a worker who would be assigned by the other workers to read to them while the rest worked. Try getting away with that these days. haha.

So then amazingly "At War With Asia" was back in print the following year and I told Chomsky and I think he responded that it was news to him. haha. It was by "AK Press" in Canada which is a small press.

My point is though that Chomsky was amazingly accessible to me but then when I did express some of my critiques of him based on more radical views then he didn't respond. haha.

It seems like if you stick to the issues he wants to discuss then he will respond to almost anybody. But he definitely is promoting Western enlightenment values -- rationalism, etc.

I mean his early debates with BF Skinner -- his book critiquing Skinner -- is awesome and so is his debate with Foucault. So I agree with him about rationalism and freedom but Chomsky actually relies on Wilhelm von Humboldt of the 18th C. for his foundation of rationalism and freedom. So he even quotes Rousseau about Western civil society being controlled by a conspiracy.

But I go the opposite direction of Wilhelm von Humboldt who was influenced by Indian nonwestern philosophy on rationalism -- Vedanta.

top topics

join