It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Minded Engineering P.O.V.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Greetings fellow Conspiracy Nuts!

I come to you with an open mind and can hopefully depart with a better understanding of the inner workings of, "Conspiracies"! I also plan to try and inject my Engineering background into subject when appropriate. I feel I will be able to objectively debate and insert "know-how", into a subject at hand.

Like many others that are members of this site, I too, was a long time lurker and decided to join on a whim. I have no clue why I didn't join long ago! There were days in years past that I just wanted to reach into the screen and strangle someone! On the contrary, there were days when I wished to shake someone's hand and congratulate them on a job well done! However, I digress!

I would like to formally introduce myself and hope that you will welcome me into this wacky club house! (I mean this in a very loving way)!

I would like to part by giving a few of my qualifications (which I am happy to validate for the doubters...) PLease, if you would, stroke my ego and point me to some hot topics which may enjoy my two cents!

I graduated from Drexel's Undergraduate Program for: Electrical Engineering.
I then continued my education, paid for by my employer, into a Graduate Program: Materials Science and Engineering.

I figured what better way to learn the habits of electricity than to study the effects on different materials and surfaces? No? OK, maybe I messed up and wished I could have majored in something else! Shut up... Haha!

Feel free to ask me any questions you would like. Please though, I am socially awkward and have an odd sense of humor. Please be gentle on me!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CADCatiaMan

Sorry, I forgot all my crying towels, if you can't take the heat get out of the fire! Ha just jokes, welcome bro! And how bout that graphene?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

LOL, the Graphene is not going to be the next best thing. It WAS, the enxt best thing. Now it's all about... Wait, yeah, it's the next best thing. I hope it is used to save lives and not tip warheads though. Just my opinion. Thank you for the welcome!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Welcome to the boards and glad to have you aboard, CADCatiaMan.

An impressive background you have and some commonly discussed topics you might want to contribute to include anything relative to Nikola Tesla and his principles of free energy (a personal hero of mine who never received the recognition he deserved) or any of the topics on nanotechnologies and products being invented and/or the perils of such.

These are just two topics that popped into my head for which someone with an engineering background can add valuable facts and data.

Again, welcome aboard and I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Timidgal (a fellow long time lurker and member since 3/25/2011)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Welcome.

I bet you know some stuff that will make an idea of mine more practical?

I'm working with 20 watt solar/indoor lighting panel. Inverted 14 watt fluorescent bulb produces 20 watts continuously. How can I get my inverter to draw less energy so that I can run continuously?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Welcome and I have a Question I heli-arc brazed a cast iron pulley when finished I put in water to cool it off when I took it out it was dry, water repelled from it, when I put it back in the water there was a gas surface between the pulley and water. It looked liked it had a chrome plating on it when it was in the water then completely dry when pulled out of water.If incorporated in paint it would be useful.
Just asking if you know the physics.

Thanks,

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Howdy.. before I get to the business part.. have to ask.. Is the name a play on words such as "Can't catcha"? Ok and now your 25 cent tour.. (Johnny dims the lights and hands the new member a box of popcorn..)

Congratulations, you've joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

Welcome CADCatiaMan

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the "search words" of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!
Speaking of "Search", to save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache & frustration, please review the below.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

edit on 3/27/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

What type of relays and capacitors are you currently using? Let's start there.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeprodigy

How long did you wait before re-submerging the said item?
Also, this is not uncommon for an alloy that has been super heated and reheated, ETC.

Sorry to simplify a complex question. I would just like more information before diving off into a solution.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Very observant!

You must have peeked at my profile and saw my "obsession", with proxies and privacy. May I ask what my exit node is currently? hehehe...

Thank all of you guys for the warm welcome. I look forward to seeing you all around!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CADCatiaMan
reply to post by loveguy

What type of relays and capacitors are you currently using? Let's start there.

Ha!

I have a 7amp 12v regulator being fed by two DC panels (15w and 5w). One lead goes to the battery; (12v 375 cold c/-amps), the other to the inverter/load--->14w light-bulb AC.

Sometimes the inverters cooling fan kicks on and not long after, I have to turn the light off and move my panels back to the window to utilize the sun's rays.

Ofcourse, The lengths of wire leads can and should be minimized, but will that make a significant difference; say from 60" down to 30"?

Solar energy products sold are a 'money-pit' but I know there must be ways to un-manipulate things to draw less amperage's...

This last power outage fumed my short temper when my coffee maker draws more energy than my inverter can produce.

I'm just trying to make free energy cost less to acquire and maintain.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I heli-arced with bronze and it stayed on the pulley until the next day when I wiped it off in the water with my finger's, then it went back to normal.

Thanks for the reply,

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Maybe everything is true

And the concept of conspiracies is the conspiracy?

top topics

join