It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.0 off the east coast of Honshu Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Location 39.866°N, 142.116°E Depth 10 km (6.2 miles) Region NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN Distances 85 km (52 miles) ENE of Morioka, Honshu, Japan 90 km (55 miles) SE of Hachinohe, Honshu, Japan 157 km (97 miles) SE of Aomori, Honshu, Japan 509 km (316 miles) NNE of TOKYO, Japan Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 14.6 km (9.1 miles); depth +/- 2.6 km (1.6 miles) Parameters NST=592, Nph=597, Dmin=254.9 km, Rmss=0.73 sec, Gp= 22°, M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=B

So here's another one, it honestly does seem to me like these incidents are beginning to increase. At least over the past couple of weeks. No deaths reported with this one at least. We should really start preparing and just hope the earth lets the stress go in the crust little bits at a time.

This article says 6.3 but I'll go off of USGS for now, but it was felt in Tokyo as well and caused some buildings to shake rt.com...

edit on 27-3-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
S&F thankyou for this update. Glad to hear no one is hurt. Perhaps the Earth is getting tired of the skin disorder devouring it's surface and is deciding to do something about it. But then again natural disasters have happened all throughout history and much worse than this so who knows.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I happened to have this from adding it to one of my own threads last night. I never would have guessed it'd be out of date so quickly. This makes #13 for 6.0 or higher in March. Hmmm..... Okay, now it's getting my attention. Another month like this, at this tempo and I'll start really wondering whats up.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
www.iris.edu...reply to post by Brandon88

You guys/girls are really quick
.....you would have to predict a west coast hit off north america
edit on 27-3-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Just was reading about this online, at another site, was glad to hear nobody was injured. Those people really must feel like they definately are being picked on by someone or something. Any clue if this could be HAARP again? Sounds like a regular earthquake to me though. But then whose too say what is regular anymore? 'mmmm?
edit on 27-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add something

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Any clue if this could be HAARP again?

Could you throw me a link that prooves that HAARP did it the first time?

I like the HAARP idea, the problem is the proof..........

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

So for a Mag 8+ 200km radius for 2 years can be considered aftershocks.

From this post by Puterman in which he excerpts a study regarding aftershocks, etc.

The Great Tohoku 9.1 will be producing aftershocks for a long time to come and this is but one of them.

The area actually could still experience an 8.0+ aftershock of the megaquake of 2011 anytime within the next year or more which could be nearly as devastating as the original quake depending on location, depth etc.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Glad nobody was hurt. More importantly, I hope the Seattle mariners/Oakland A's MLB season opener in 4 hours over in Tokyo isn't effected.

Go M's

new topics

top topics

join