It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dinosaur, Birthday, Halloween, Poverty" - Some of the words NYC seeks to ban from standardized te

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

They seem to put a blindfold on to the World, formulate their own reality filled with rainbows and unicorns.

Notice those two words are not on the "banned" list.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Is it just me or are people becoming insane? What kind of nonsense is this?

I am so sick of being politically correct. Everyone elses being offended is offending ME! I swear we are living in the twilight zone or have joined Alice in wonderland or something. These days there is no comon sense, no rationalizing, no brains!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
What about Barney

What will happen to him?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsrreal

LOL. If he gets canned then this would actually have accomplished something good.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This is one of the craziest examples of over-the-top, narcissistic thinking I've ever heard. Just the idea of this would be laughable, but for people to actually sit down, discuss, consider and then present this list as something they seriously want to implement...wow...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Preparing for SHARIA? It aint going to happen and I suggest people SHOUT IT OUT!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Maybe it's time to just give up -

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I heard about this on news radio here and I will just share my response at the time.

"Oh, give me a break!" This PC crap is killing our country. If THESE words offend people, then society truly has gone down the crapper".

Oh, also,I just want to say, that if any of the words I used in this pots offend anyone, I do NOT apologize. I simply recommend that you get a thicker skin and get over it

Words are only as powerful as you allow them to be folks. And if you are letting a word like Dinosaur offend you, you are giving them WAY too much power.

Here is to freedom of speech. Here is to being able to say what is on your mind with out fear of people being overly offended...Here is to those who still have common sense. Let's hope we can continue to hold onto it, despite the efforts of the those who seek to control you in every way possible.

Remember, you can't be controlled unless you allow yourself to be.

Peace and love and dinosaurs.

edit on 28-3-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Now I've seen everything!! Is it ok for me to have a slight dislike for NYC or possibly even US? I mean if they had been educating Kids properly then they would have known that god does not exist and that we have evolved, thus the word "Dinosaurs" would not have been "Banned". Ok this is really nuts. We all know that Halloween is a Pagan festival, but why ban it! Soon they will ban Hindu Mythology or Nordic Mythology! If this happened in Europe or something there'd be mass demonstrations!!

reply to post by mamabeth

I agree, Education is about giving a person challenges and making her/him go through certain hardships in order to build his character and make the person realize what he is good at. Everyone can't be the same, like Robots. I hope those "Dictators" realize. This is definitely Censorship.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Right, if some people think Countries like in Europe or in Asia are not politically correct and that this is a bad thing, then they are gravely mistaken.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
"In-depth discussions of sports that require prior knowledge"
How odd to have this here...

"Traumatic material (including material that may be particularly upsetting such as animal shelters)"
If anything, Animal Shelters are more uplifting than traumatic.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This is political correctness run amok. What they are doing here, I think, is trying to shield children from real-life topics and situations in the name of "not offending anyone". Then again, at least we're not in Germany, where political correctness is said to be extreme. Here is a video explaining it:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ban the word dinosaur...? Seriously? While looking at some of the other words we may as well go ahead and take a flamethrower to the dictionary I'm sure down the line we will find a way one way or another to take out several words.

On the funnier side of things - www.youtube.com... Let this guy teach!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join