It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop telling us to not complain about rising GAS PRICES!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Listen up Europe!! I lived in Deutschland for 4 years......and the U.S. has a completely different infrastructure than Europe and Asia. For gas to reach $5.00 gal here would mean millions upon millions of Americans basically unable to drive to work, as millions of americans have a 30min - 1hr drive to work....ONE WAY! You don't grasp the big picture of our rising gas prices and that our infrastructure is not being allowed the time to adjust, these rising prices are happening too damn fast! Not to mention the effect it will have on our food prices, electric and what it will do to everything else!! When it actually does EXCEED $5.00.......you will see massive protest, violence and massive unemployment for people who have jobs that require them to drive!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

or gas to reach $5.00 gal here would mean millions upon millions of Americans basically unable to drive to work, as millions of americans have a 30min - 1hr drive to work....ONE WAY!

Welcome to Canada and yes, our gas is $5 a gallon and yes, many of use drive an hour or more to work everyday.

Rant=over.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PROT3CTOR

you will see massive protest, violence and massive unemployment for people who have jobs that require them to drive!

Or you will see less people buying bacon at the supermarket and perhaps extra potatoes.

Either/or.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

you will see massive protest, violence and massive unemployment for people who have jobs that require them to drive!

Or you will see less people buying bacon at the supermarket and perhaps extra potatoes.

Either/or.

Pasta noodles, KD, and peanut butter sandwiches are part of the increasing dietary trend toward cheaper lunches. So cheap!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

OK Canada! And what's your average minimum wage? Some of you people are so nearsighted! Do you not see what this will do to everything else in America??? Our wages are NOT GOING UP! HEELLOOOOO!! Its not just about the fuel tanks in our vehicles.....BIG PICTURE HERE!! Its about EVERYTHING ELSE! But obviously I'm talking to people who can't seem to see past their own short-sightedness......so I, done.

Peace Out.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

87cents a gallon in this month alone!!!
that's a 30% increase in 28 days...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Last time it was this high, oil was about $150 a barrel. Now it's just $106. How does that add up?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

or gas to reach $5.00 gal here would mean millions upon millions of Americans basically unable to drive to work, as millions of americans have a 30min - 1hr drive to work....ONE WAY!

Welcome to Canada and yes, our gas is $5 a gallon and yes, many of use drive an hour or more to work everyday.

Rant=over.

I'd just say that is a great point about how the U.S. and Canada are in this together. Screw our Governments, but I spent enough time up there in trucking to know the folks North of the border are just a friendlier and nicer version of Americans for the most part. ....and equally without the mass transit and public systems of Europe.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

You sound like a spoiled kid! Maybe if you realized that you do not need a SUV to drive around in, and invest in a more efficient car, problem is solved. It might hurt your ego driving a smaller car, but so what?

Take into consideration that most Americans are obese. So if obese people bought a bike,*BINGO*, you can solve 2 problems at once?

30 mins to an hour? Is that including the wait, half the time in traffic jams?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Last time it was this high, oil was about $150 a barrel. Now It's just $106. How does that add up?

....it doesn't add up! But it does lead us to a good conclusion
stir up the American populace by financially strangling them.....bring about an "event" that induces martial law on top of that.....and tadaaa!! All out hell breaks loose from once free citizens turned into financial slaves! Listen up! The brdens that are being dumped on us today, are reserve "fuel" for a hell of a fire! Just woonering who or what will ignite it??

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
According to the following source, Canada has a minimum wage from $9-11.00 an hour.

Minimum wage where I live is $7.40....

Source

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I hear you, but here is what is going to happen, when the waitresses can't show up to take the orders, and the cooks can't come to cook and the nurses assistants can't afford to come to work to clean up bottoms, and the gardener can;t come and the migrant workers don't show up, well gas will suddenly come down. The 1% sure aren't going to do all those menial tasks themselves now are they?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kloejen

You sound like a spoiled kid! Maybe if you realized that you do not need a SUV to drive around in, and invest in a more efficient car, problem is solved. It might hurt your ego driving a smaller car, but so what?

Take into consideration that most Americans are obese. So if obese people bought a bike,*BINGO*, you can solve 2 problems at once?

30 mins to an hour? Is that including the wait, half the te in traffic jams?

The only spoiled thing on this thread is your childish insults toward someone you. Know nothing about.....Mcfly! I do drive a small car, and you can't drive a bike to work when you own a home 30min drive at 60mph from your job genius! And, I'm willing to bet you a jelly-filled Krispy Creme donut I'm in better physical condition than your lazy MF Azz!! Someone should learn you a lesson in respect.....go harrass someone elses thread son!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y
According to the following source, Canada has a minimum wage from $9-11.00 an hour.

Minimum wage where I live is $7.40....

Source

THANK YOU!! Great point!!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist

I hear you, but here is what is going to happen, when the waitresses can't show up to take the orders, and the cooks can't come to cook and the nurses assistants can't afford to come to work to clean up bottoms, and the gardener can;t come and the migrant workers don't show up, well gas will suddenly come down. The 1% sure aren't going to do all those menial tasks themselves now are they?

Haha! LMFAO! You're so right! That would be interesting to see! Guess well find out the answer by summer at the rate things are goin!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

That small eco-car might be good for someone who lives in the city working in a factory or office. But you also have to realize that there are plumbers, electricians, farmers and all sorts of other contractors out there who could not do their jobs without their gas guzzling trucks. And also remember that some of us live out in the sticks.

By the way, did you know that Ford discontinued the Ranger series (Small Truck) because the F-150 gets comparable gas mileage nowadays?

I’m always amazed at how people forget the small things that make life tick.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Yeah...

I've been paying well over 6$ a gallon for fuel for years now, in Canada, so Americans, please don't complain too loud, it kind of falls on deaf ears over here.

And the average minimum is about 10 bucks now, but that doesn't matter consider our costs of living are way higher for energy, housing, appartments, food and really anything else you can think of.

Quite more expensive.

So the minimum wage issue is a non issue really.

~Tenth
edit on 3/27/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

But are you being charged 20 bucks for eight AA batteries? I actually seen that in a local Ace Hardware store. Their prices were over the top!

I imagine they only stay in business due to their remote location and disatnce from Lowes or Home Depot.

As the gas prices rise, I am seeing more and more over the top price increases in everything I buy. Rice and Beans used to be cheap...no more.

Maybe in Canada it was a more subtle move in price increases...I don't know. But the steep cost of everything here in the US is causing sticker shock.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Had to look that one up

Not quite, but close.

That's a lot though, 20 bucks for 8 batteries?

~Tenth
edit on 3/27/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I had to look that up as well when I got home. That is what I saw as well.

I suspect that this business is price gouging.

Maybe I should call the local news I-Team?
edit on 27-3-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join