<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

Icarriedthecross.org

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Interesting stories OP. I enjoyed reading them and I do have two instances of my own to share...

I don't know that this fits exactly with what you are explaining but this guy at my local gas station - he is always there. He always talks to me and kind of like, I don't know, checks up on me I guess. Always asks if I'm helping my mom and dad out. Same with my grandma. Tells me about his life lessons that he's learned over the years. It almost feels like he's an angel in disguise of a somewhat senile elderly fellow.

But this story does fit perfectly in the traveller category:
About two years ago I was at my aunts house in the mountains of Pennsylvania. Chestnut ridge to be exact and we were all getting ready to eat supper that particular Saturday evening. Well before we all sat down, I saw a young woman walk up the road at a relatively slow pace. No one else claims to have seen her but I caught a good look and she was wearing clothes period to the early 1800s. she never stopped, looked at us, or anything and I looked out a window where I had a great view up the road...she was gone. It was completely baffling.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by philosearcher
Interesting stories OP. I enjoyed reading them and I do have two instances of my own to share...

I don't know that this fits exactly with what you are explaining but this guy at my local gas station - he is always there. He always talks to me and kind of like, I don't know, checks up on me I guess. Always asks if I'm helping my mom and dad out. Same with my grandma. Tells me about his life lessons that he's learned over the years. It almost feels like he's an angel in disguise of a somewhat senile elderly fellow.

But this story does fit perfectly in the traveller category:
About two years ago I was at my aunts house in the mountains of Pennsylvania. Chestnut ridge to be exact and we were all getting ready to eat supper that particular Saturday evening. Well before we all sat down, I saw a young woman walk up the road at a relatively slow pace. No one else claims to have seen her but I caught a good look and she was wearing clothes period to the early 1800s. she never stopped, looked at us, or anything and I looked out a window where I had a great view up the road...she was gone. It was completely baffling.

Thank you for sharing, those both sound like really fascinating stories. The woman in the old clothing makes me think it could have been a ghost of some sort, who knows! That's the fascinating aspect of these situations -- the mystery and unknown about it all. I know of many people who have experienced things similar to what you're describing and have just "shaken it off" and deemed it as just one of those weird experiences.

I enjoyed reading both of your stories, thank you for sharing!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
About 6 years ago I was in the local Walmart and this elderly woman came up to me. She looked like someones sweet old Grandma. She smiles as me and said "You know it's the end of days don't you?" Then turned and walked away. This was before all of the 2012 talk even really hit the main stream.

Then last year I went to see my parents. They live up north and my Dad had discovered hunting for morel mushrooms when he was younger. It was what he waited for every spring. He's almost 80 now and going through the woods in search of them is something thats hard for him to do. So he hadn't been out looking for them for years. So I got him to go looking for them with me thinking I could go into the thickest part of the woods looking for them and maybe he would find some close to the edge of the woods. We weren't having any luck and I started praying that he atleast found a few.

Out of the woods came this woman I'd say in her late 50's early 60's and said to me if you go across the road in that grass on the other side you'll find mushrooms. She walked off then in the other direction. I went back to where my Dad was and told him about the woman and what she said. He said "no one is going to tell you where to find any. People sell these things for good money.'

I said well lets go check it out. Sure enough there was a mess of them there. My Dad was like a kid in a candy store pointing them out for my son and I to pick since he has trouble bending down to the ground. There wasn't any cars around so I don't know where the woman came from or how she got there.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

I had a weird experience a few years ago, a few work mates were detached to work on the other side of the country, a place were non of us have ever been before. After working for the first day we went out to the local town to see what the night-life was like, we entered a pub for a few drinks and a game of pool and was having a merry old time.

It was about an hour later that I was going to the bar to get a round in when a man walked past me, he stopped and smiled and said 'hello Anthony I see that you are well' turned around and walked out through the pub door.

I have never seen this person in my life, and he refered to me by my full Christian name when every one else I know refers to me by my nick name that I have had for 22 years, even my girlfriend, so there is no chance he had overheard this.

My friends saw the man talking to me and they agreed that he wasn’t employed were we were working and no one had seen him in the pub before he spoke to me, and we never saw him again.

I'm not one that easily spooks, but that did freak me out a little bit.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
No I haven't but have had a American Indian live with me for a week. Every day was something new.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well, I guess I could be considered to be one of those "travlers".

Just the other night I went to a dacquri store (lots of them here in New Orleans) and for some reason I decided to ask an older man playing pool if I could play him. It was definetly a strange place for me to be hanging out because as a small town white guy hanging out in a predominatly thug filled establishment could be considered highly abnormal. I normally walk in, get my dacquri and quickly leave. This time I felt compelled to stay and play a few games of pool with this guy. As the night wore on the crowd in the bar got bigger and I stood out like sore thumb. I talked with this guy and somehow we got into the philisophical conversation of how the enviroment that the poor black community lives in is the exact enviroment that is keeping them from progressing. after about 20 minutes he was in tears, he told me it was because I help him realize somthing he had already always known. After that a feeling of, "You no longer need to be here" came over me. So I bid him a good night and good luck.

Before you atribute this event to alcohol, let me say that neither of us were drunk. Both of us only had one drink apeice and these dacquri's are not strong. So, maybe for this guy I was the "traveler".

~peace~

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I drove down a road I have driven down for the past 20 years, a rural road with no stores, or anything for many many miles, just country houses.

While driving I saw a man, black, wearing a tattered green colored military uniform, and over that uniform what looked like a beaded vest, somewhat colorful with hemp like attributes to the material. He had a slight afro and a headband on, and he was walking along the road, looking straight ahead almost in a daze, walking with his arms bent at the elbows, palms up, forearms perpendicular to the ground, and on his arms he was carrying an American flag, folded in the traditional triangle. The flag looked dirty. I slowed down and looked at him and he didn't break his stare or his slow walking pace. He was walking on the shoulder of the road that was paved a good several feet.

The whole thing was very odd, but the oddest part was that this man had no shadow! There was a speed limit sign about 50 feet from him and I could clearly see the shadow, but this man walking along the road had absolutely no shadow. When I looked in my rear-view mirror after I passed him, he was gone, vanished.

The only thing I could conclude was either it was a weird hallucination, or a ghost from the 1960s, perhaps a hippie or someone who served in the war. I have lived in the area for nearly 2 decades and have never seen this man before.
edit on 28-3-2012 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
yeah i experienced some "travelers" they stole my motorcycle
edit on 28-3-2012 by dashdespatch because: typo

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofNight
Most of us have had at least one interesting experience with a "traveler" -- or a person that seems eerily out of place. I call them "travelers" because they appear to have traveled from a completely different realm, plopped down into a landscape in a way that appears to be bizarre or mysterious.

An example of this took place on a family vacation to Lake Tahoe, Nevada nearly 2 years ago. As my family and I were in the car driving up an incredibly steep and desolate mountain in the late afternoon, we came across a man walking up the mountain with a massive wooden cross on his back that he seemed to be supporting with all his weight. This cross was at least 6 feet tall and 5 feet across.

What was odd about this experience is that we were in the rural mountains and there weren't any towns for another good 20 miles. This road had both an incredibly small bike lane and was ridiculously steep. It was getting dark by this time, and one could only wonder why he was carrying this cross and where he was going with it. He didn't seem to acknowledge any of the cars passing by, and seemed almost "in a trance", though it very well could have been attributed to exhaustion.

Another example was on a different occasion when I was on vacation and a young girl was sitting across from me as I was eating outside a deli. She stared at me, and I glimpsed back to show her that I knew she was staring. She didn't break her gaze, and just as I looked down to check my phone and looked up again, she was gone. I have no idea as to how she could have left that quickly considering we were in a plaza-like area that was open and well-lit.

The third instance I had, and possibly the most profound, happened recently, about 2 weeks ago. I entered a local cupcake shop before going to a meeting to get my teacher a cupcake (bribery -- it works). As I walked in the cupcake place, there was a squirrely looking woman who was behind the counter wearing an apron. She said hello and just seemed awkward the entire time. After ordering the cupcake she looked at me straight in the eye and said, "You have a gift, don't you?"

As I stumbled and agreed, she then said, "I knew you were gifted the second you walked in, I knew it." After a few moments of awkward stares, she began telling me about how she was once homeless, wrote a book, and began telling me how she wanted to kill herself for a long period of time. I was as comforting as I could possibly be, and she thanked me. As I left, she said, "You should come in sometime, maybe we'll see each other again."

This woman looked to be in her late 50's, skinny, frail, and gray haired. The next week I went in at the exact same time and she wasn't there. I'd never seen her before, and haven't seen her since. She was quite peculiar to say the least, and that is an experience that to this day I'll never completely understand.

Some call these people that enter our lives for brief seconds in mysterious circumstances "angels". Some believe they're higher dimensional beings or spirits, the result of wormholes, or, if you're a skeptic, bizarre experiences with strangers that are very much human.

Either way, they make for some interesting stories. Has anyone experienced something similar?

edit on 27-3-2012 by ofNight because: (no reason given)

I have seen the cross guy myself.. He walked through Lafayette Indiana about 6-7 years ago. I would bet anything it is the same person. It never crossed my mind he was a "traveller". I tend to let religious nuts have freedom from me so did not engage the guy in question.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofNight
The third instance I had, and possibly the most profound, happened recently, about 2 weeks ago. I entered a local cupcake shop before going to a meeting to get my teacher a cupcake

Wait... what? There's such a thing as a "cupcake shop"? Will wonders never cease?

On a more serious note, I'm in my 50's and I've met a lot of "travelers" in my life. I have a different name for them though, I call them "wierdos"

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
Just the other night I went to a dacquri store (lots of them here in New Orleans)

First the "cupcake shop" and now this?
Man, I've got to get out more

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well I had a similar experience, I had just finished my night shift and was waiting for the bus at the station.
As I was sitting there listening to music, and old man entered the bus station to give me a panflet and left.
I opened the panflet and started reading the first paragraph which, obviously, spoke of god and the bible.

But just underneath that paragraph was two or three sentences questioning what was written above, now I'm used to seeing these kind of religious panflets, but none that actually questionned religion.

I found it rather odd so I looked up to see this man and he had disapeared, and I knew that from where I was, he could not have walked away out of sight even if he ran like hell ( which would've been ridiculous given his age and shape) .

So I kept on reading a bit and it got very scientific and all. I just couldn't really understand from that point on so I just threw it in the garbage. I wish I hadn't it was the most bizarre thing.

Well that's my story, a creepy old man giving me a brochure on questionning religion and it was pretty cool.

Peace and cool thread!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoLoveInFear46and2
Well I had a similar experience, I had just finished my night shift and was waiting for the bus at the station.
As I was sitting there listening to music, and old man entered the bus station to give me a panflet and left.
I opened the panflet and started reading the first paragraph which, obviously, spoke of god and the bible.

But just underneath that paragraph was two or three sentences questioning what was written above, now I'm used to seeing these kind of religious panflets, but none that actually questionned religion.

I found it rather odd so I looked up to see this man and he had disapeared, and I knew that from where I was, he could not have walked away out of sight even if he ran like hell ( which would've been ridiculous given his age and shape) .

So I kept on reading a bit and it got very scientific and all. I just couldn't really understand from that point on so I just threw it in the garbage. I wish I hadn't it was the most bizarre thing.

Well that's my story, a creepy old man giving me a brochure on questionning religion and it was pretty cool.

Peace and cool thread!

Sounds like a classic case of schizophrenia, especially if the writing was strange and incoherent at times. You'd be amazed at how fast a person can disappear when you're distracted...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Not sure about travellers .. but I have had a few random people come up to me and start talking..

One guy was telling em about 'the spaceships above us' to which I informed him that I also had a spaceship called a nidhogg (Bsg)

Another guy came up behind me and a friend shouting asking for change in a violent manner.. upon denying his request he began to speak of his daughters mother leaving him, and became docile...

The last one I can remember happened on the bus, A lad asked me if I liked heavy metal, I said yes, and asked if he liked Trivium.. he had no idea who they were.

Nothing 'out there' I am afraid, no people in white robes etc

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by windsorblue

Now that sounds like an angel if I ever heard one. But on a more practical note, maybe he knew your parents? My dad knows everyone in town. I get told how cute I was as a kid by, to me, total strangers

And there are a lot of people who carry crosses.. it's kind of a form of prayer and fasting.

I've seen travelers before but hadn't thought anything about them, I'm used to slight randomness, I guess.. They're definitely creepy though.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Billie828

A fair point, but if he did know my parents he would have referred to me by the name 'Tony' (God I hate that name) as that is what they have called me as far back as I can remember, so do all my relatives and siblings. No one ever calls me by full christened name, it's the shortened version to my family or my nick name to every one else, that what struck me as so weird when he called me.

Maybe it was all a coincidence and a case of mistaken identity, and there is another ugly bloke walking around that area that looks like me with the same name. I don’t know which I find scarier, that I might have met one of these travellers or I have a doppelgänger roaming the streets of England....

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I saw a (the? is more than one?) guy with a cross over 20 years ago. He was on Hwy 290 near Hockley, Texas. Later, there was either a newspaper write-up or a TV newspot on him in Tomball. He's definately getting his message around if it's the same guy.

edit on 29/3/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrashUnderride
Very interesting stuff here. I must admit though, when coming up on the guy with the cross, I would've felt the need to get out and off to help him carry it. Who knows, God could have been giving a test. If so, wonder how many failed it?
I would fail, that's for sure. In this day and age I am not stopping to talk to any strange men or opening my door for any no way, no how, and especially not if they look like they are not "all there.". I hope God would understand after Ted Bundy luring women by pretending to be in distress. I've helped strangers before but really carefully.

I do wonder about all these cross-bearing men sightings. An expression of mental illness inspired by this Blessit fellow?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I have determined there are more than one of these cross bearing guys.

minnesota.cbslocal.com... This one passed away.

And the following two links are on one guy who started in 1968 and is selling books and films and memoribilia!

blessitt.com...

abcnews.go.com...

I couldn't get a site mentioned above called I carried the Cross dot org.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join