It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you experienced a "traveler"?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Most of us have had at least one interesting experience with a "traveler" -- or a person that seems eerily out of place. I call them "travelers" because they appear to have traveled from a completely different realm, plopped down into a landscape in a way that appears to be bizarre or mysterious.

An example of this took place on a family vacation to Lake Tahoe, Nevada nearly 2 years ago. As my family and I were in the car driving up an incredibly steep and desolate mountain in the late afternoon, we came across a man walking up the mountain with a massive wooden cross on his back that he seemed to be supporting with all his weight. This cross was at least 6 feet tall and 5 feet across.

What was odd about this experience is that we were in the rural mountains and there weren't any towns for another good 20 miles. This road had both an incredibly small bike lane and was ridiculously steep. It was getting dark by this time, and one could only wonder why he was carrying this cross and where he was going with it. He didn't seem to acknowledge any of the cars passing by, and seemed almost "in a trance", though it very well could have been attributed to exhaustion.

Another example was on a different occasion when I was on vacation and a young girl was sitting across from me as I was eating outside a deli. She stared at me, and I glimpsed back to show her that I knew she was staring. She didn't break her gaze, and just as I looked down to check my phone and looked up again, she was gone. I have no idea as to how she could have left that quickly considering we were in a plaza-like area that was open and well-lit.

The third instance I had, and possibly the most profound, happened recently, about 2 weeks ago. I entered a local cupcake shop before going to a meeting to get my teacher a cupcake (bribery -- it works). As I walked in the cupcake place, there was a squirrely looking woman who was behind the counter wearing an apron. She said hello and just seemed awkward the entire time. After ordering the cupcake she looked at me straight in the eye and said, "You have a gift, don't you?"

As I stumbled and agreed, she then said, "I knew you were gifted the second you walked in, I knew it." After a few moments of awkward stares, she began telling me about how she was once homeless, wrote a book, and began telling me how she wanted to kill herself for a long period of time. I was as comforting as I could possibly be, and she thanked me. As I left, she said, "You should come in sometime, maybe we'll see each other again."

This woman looked to be in her late 50's, skinny, frail, and gray haired. The next week I went in at the exact same time and she wasn't there. I'd never seen her before, and haven't seen her since. She was quite peculiar to say the least, and that is an experience that to this day I'll never completely understand.

Some call these people that enter our lives for brief seconds in mysterious circumstances "angels". Some believe they're higher dimensional beings or spirits, the result of wormholes, or, if you're a skeptic, bizarre experiences with strangers that are very much human.

Either way, they make for some interesting stories. Has anyone experienced something similar?

edit on 27-3-2012 by ofNight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Sounds a bit Sixth Sense-y

Which makes me wonder... are you actually a ghost?

Nah cool story..you should do a check on if there was ever said woman working in the store.. im sure someone would tell you!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
Sounds a bit Sixth Sense-y

Which makes me wonder... are you actually a ghost?

Nah cool story..you should do a check on if there was ever said woman working in the store.. im sure someone would tell you!

I'm actually Bruce Willis.

I'm actually thinking about doing that, she gave me her name but I forgot. Maybe I can go in and give a general description and see if she really works there. I'm more prone to believing she was an actual employ who either made a really good guess, was a fellow spiritualist, or was just completely insane.

Either way, pretty interesting.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Now I have had some strange encounters with some weird people. 1 odd thing I can relate to is about 3 months ago there was a man dragging a cross down the street wearing nothing but some white robes.

I also met a lady at the bank I worked at that told me she has been moving for years and lives out of storage units because she can feel the occult in people and their darkness and they have been after her for years. She used to touch me with no issues all he time, but one day another customer touched her shoulder and she screamed and made the lady get away from her. She said they have been getting close and felt the occult in her. After that she never came back in, probably in some other town thinking the same thing. She never seemed crazy or dirty or anything, something about her made me listen to all her stories she would tell me about "them"

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Thinking back I had one weird experience ! I lived in the country and worked with a carpenter doing renovations , one afternoon we went to his place for lunch and get some tools we needed . He lived far back in the woods with no neighbours for at least a mile on either side and about 10 miles of small dirt roads to the village . While we were having lunch there was a knock on the door and my friend looked surprised because he commented he never gets visitors . There was a man at the door looking for directions but we didn't have a car he was walking ! He was oddly dressed ( it was a hot summer day ) he had a beige long trench coat , cowboy hat , long straight hair , beard , Parisienne French accent .he came in and sat down with us and he pulled out this old map that looked like it was from the 1800s of all the old logging roads that didn't exist anymore ! He said he was on a journey and didn't say much more about himself besides idle chit chat ! He had a sandwich with us and wished us all the best and off he went ! I never gave it much thought till now !

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed
Now I have had some strange encounters with some weird people. 1 odd thing I can relate to is about 3 months ago there was a man dragging a cross down the street wearing nothing but some white robes.

I also met a lady at the bank I worked at that told me she has been moving for years and lives out of storage units because she can feel the occult in people and their darkness and they have been after her for years. She used to touch me with no issues all he time, but one day another customer touched her shoulder and she screamed and made the lady get away from her. She said they have been getting close and felt the occult in her. After that she never came back in, probably in some other town thinking the same thing. She never seemed crazy or dirty or anything, something about her made me listen to all her stories she would tell me about "them"

That's bizarre about the cross! It's definitely peculiar.

That's fascinating about the lady, on one hand she sounds like a paranoid schizophrenic, and on the other I could see that maybe what she was saying had some truth. Either way, that's definitely an interesting experience, thank you for sharing!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

Woah! These stories about a man dragging a cross hit home! I just got back to my hometown (big city) after living in a very small town for about 4 months. I was driving down a road for work and came across a man carrying a very large wooden (very old looking) cross on his back. He was staring into the sky and it looked as though his lips were moving. Me, not knowing anyone in this town except for my own children, I didn't bother to even slow down! But I was very curious as to who he was or what he was doing.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PassedKarma
reply to post by ofNight

Woah! These stories about a man dragging a cross hit home! I just got back to my hometown (big city) after living in a very small town for about 4 months. I was driving down a road for work and came across a man carrying a very large wooden (very old looking) cross on his back. He was staring into the sky and it looked as though his lips were moving. Me, not knowing anyone in this town except for my own children, I didn't bother to even slow down! But I was very curious as to who he was or what he was doing.

That's bizarre, do you remember what he was wearing?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofNight

reply to post by ofNight

That's bizarre, do you remember what he was wearing?

He was balding... mostly bald but I think had dark hair. He was dressed in a t-shirt and pants. The t-shirt thing was odd because it was a mountain town in the middle of winter. I'm pretty sure the shirt was light colored.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The Man you saw with the cross,, was most likely Arthur Blessitt, who has carried that cross around the world.
Odd show of devotion to ones deity,, but you have to give him a thumbs up for tenacity.
Here is his website: Arthur Blessitt

Your other Travelers,,I can not guess,, and this is only a logical guess about your Cross man. Good thought for a thread though... happy travels.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23
The Man you saw with the cross,, was most likely Arthur Blessitt, who has carried that cross around the world.
Odd show of devotion to ones deity,, but you have to give him a thumbs up for tenacity.
Here is his website: Arthur Blessitt

Your other Travelers,,I can not guess,, and this is only a logical guess about your Cross man. Good thought for a thread though... happy travels.

I stumbled upon him while researching the topic -- very interesting man. I agree that it's a rather odd expression of devotion, but whatever works, I suppose!

I'm sure there are others like him, as well. It was bizarre that the experience was in such a rural area, but then again, he very well could have just been passing through. Thank you for the information.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm not a skeptic.....but the guy with the cross went by our house in ohio....there was a write up about him in our paper. He is walking across the USA....Churches put him up for the night.The cross has one wheel on the bottom so it is easier to drag.....

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

Thanks for the link! That wasn't the guy I saw though....the guy I saw looked off, like he wasn't all there if you know what I mean. I thought maybe he was some homeless man that likes to drag a cross around didn't put too much thought in it at the time, untill I read the op. I live at Atlanta, ga by the way.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
I'm not a skeptic.....but the guy with the cross went by our house in ohio....there was a write up about him in our paper. He is walking across the USA....Churches put him up for the night.The cross has one wheel on the bottom so it is easier to drag.....

That's interesting!

I remember the man seemed to have the cross tied to his arms with heavy duty rope, I remember how surprised my father and I were that he could be carrying such a heavy thing with nothing but rope and his back. He seemed exhausted and obviously hunched over, that's what made it even creepier, to me.

Originally posted by Djayed
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

Thanks for the link! That wasn't the guy I saw though....the guy I saw looked off, like he wasn't all there if you know what I mean. I thought maybe he was some homeless man that likes to drag a cross around didn't put too much thought in it at the time, untill I read the op. I live at Atlanta, ga by the way.

The man I saw definitely seemed "not all there."

That's what makes me think it could have been someone else doing a similar thing, or something else entirely.
edit on 27-3-2012 by ofNight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
That wasn't the guy I saw either. Like the person above, the guy I saw wasn't quite all there either.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

That wasn't the guy I saw either. Like the person above, the guy I saw wasn't quite all there either.

No offense, but I'd be willing to bet this Blessitt guy (creative last name, ugh) isn't "all there" either to be dragging this cross around the world for 44 years.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff here. I must admit though, when coming up on the guy with the cross, I would've felt the need to get out and off to help him carry it. Who knows, God could have been giving a test. If so, wonder how many failed it?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofNight
The third instance I had, and possibly the most profound, happened recently, about 2 weeks ago. I entered a local cupcake shop before going to a meeting to get my teacher a cupcake (bribery -- it works). As I walked in the cupcake place, there was a squirrely looking woman who was behind the counter wearing an apron. She said hello and just seemed awkward the entire time. After ordering the cupcake she looked at me straight in the eye and said, "You have a gift, don't you?"

As I stumbled and agreed, she then said, "I knew you were gifted the second you walked in, I knew it." After a few moments of awkward stares, she began telling me about how she was once homeless, wrote a book, and began telling me how she wanted to kill herself for a long period of time. I was as comforting as I could possibly be, and she thanked me. As I left, she said, "You should come in sometime, maybe we'll see each other again."

Ghost. Seriously. You are definitely rare to be able to see them in such clear waking terms like that, though. I've had dreams and sleeping OBEs, but in raw beta (or likely mild alpha) state? No way. You've got game, son.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join