It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's my post.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I have just finished a long post (took me hours) only to find the server was down when trying to post it. Is there any way to find it, or is it gone into the unknown zone

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by triune

Unfortunetly there is no "Save Draft" option on ATS.

That's why we always suggest using a word processor in order to write threads and then copy/pasta them to the website upon completion.

Sorry about your loss, it's happened to me countless times.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

That's why we always suggest using a word processor in order to write threads and then copy/pasta them to the website upon completion.

I do this with all posts that are more than a few lines.

It happens to all of us at some point. Either your PC conks out or there's a brief outage etc. Preparing it in Word makes it far less likely that you'll lose your work.

Sorry this happened. Been there.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Notepad works for me.

Great for proofreading, spellchecking and even saving on my homepage. Once I feel like posting it, it's there no matter how long it sits.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. Lesson learned.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by triune

Well, they say practice makes perfect.

Anyhow, I'm sure that the second time around will be much better than your first draft.

Sorry about your loss of work. Yellow pad man

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
UGH, I HATE when that happens. Sometimes I forget to temporary allow ATS, there have been times I type for 20 minutes, hit post, and boom. Noscript doesn't play nice with ATS, and when you try to post with it on, you get an error. I try to remember the text/word processor trick, but sometimes I do forget

join