It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Bridge Repair Jobs Given to Chinese Firms (ABC News Video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Looks like the state governments are is skirting the law with a loophole and giving jobs on American soil to the lowest bidder (the Chinese). They claim there are not enough welders.
What? They all died of starvation? Are the union wages are too pricey for the government? Looks that way. Nice to hear ABC Diane Sawyer tell it like it is.

abcnews.go.com...?ion=1206853&playlist=14594944

edit on 3/27/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/27/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: change word

edit on 3/27/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: deleted blaming it on Obama

edit on 3/27/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add info

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Nm. I read it wrong. Sorry.
edit on 27-3-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

To the next person that says name one thing the President screwed up - here ya go.

How does this fall under the President's scope of authority?

Did he personally approve the contracts? Is there proof these contracts were on his desk?

Thanks.
edit on 27-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying. Did you watch the video? Tell an audience of American's "Let's rebuild this bridge." equates as "This is how I will put you back to work." It is Standard Operating Practice - deceit.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Obama believes everything is under his authority. Just write another executive order. He rules that way on everything else just add this to his list.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
To be fair, we have to pay back the Chinese somehow. Personally, I'd rather give them infrastructure contracts than American soil.

edit on 27-3-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

To the next person that says name one thing the President screwed up - here ya go.

At the 1:32 minute mark, you will find that the state circumvented the federal government, which allowed the state to hire the chinese.

This is a state issue. if I give you 20 bucks to hire a neighbor to cut my lawn, and you in turn hire some illegal alien to cut it for 5 bucks, thats not me screwing up, its you.

The feds need to crusify the state administrators whom are outsourcing jobs...or at the very least, make the state in question aware of how their administration is bending their constituents over.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

deleted post (Give I Like Stars & Saturn FX a star!)

edit on 3/27/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: I was wrong

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Thank you for clarifying that. Did all three states mentioned do that? I can't rewatch the video as my son just went to bed.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

You actually believe that this money will go towards the debt to China. Hiring US workers would come closer. Contacts is exactly that and is going to a company. American workers would be paying taxes which would go into the US coffers to help pay something. We don't need welders we don't have any work for the ones we have here now. More debt added it s called unemployment.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Another day, another dollar, another treasonous act.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
To be fair, we have to pay back the Chinese somehow. Personally, I'd rather give them infrastructure contracts than American soil.

If they get paid back this way all our jobs are in jeopardy and it will be never ending. Somehow I doubt they are deducting this from the debt we owe.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Thank you for clarifying that. Did all three states mentioned do that? I can't rewatch the video as my son just went to bed.

Ultimately, yes..they focused on the cali issue because its the highest priced ticket, but ultimately its a loophole that allows a state to buy foreign if they can fanagle the price of local labor..the story is drawing focus to this state loophole overall..and its a really scummy thing to do.
So, props for bringing this up..its important. No, the fed is not at fault here, its much worse..our own beloved state administration is directly screwing us.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

After posting that comment, I literally said "who gives a $h!t" in my head.
Why? Take a look at our current debt. If we paid back China everything we borrowed from them,
we'd still owe more money than the entire networth of every country on the planet combined.

We're that deep in debt, and that deep in trouble. We've dug a hole so deep we've not only
endangered our economy, but the economy of the rest of the world. When it all falls apart,
and without forgiving all debt the world over, it will, the entire Earth will be looking
at us for the blame.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Ultimately, yes..they focused on the cali issue because its the highest priced ticket, but ultimately its a loophole that allows a state to buy foreign if they can fanagle the price of local labor..the story is drawing focus to this state loophole overall..and its a really scummy thing to do.
So, props for bringing this up..its important. No, the fed is not at fault here, its much worse..our own beloved state administration is directly screwing us.

Sorry, this is happening in your State. Time to put some heat on the Governor and state legislators.
My bad for blaming the Prez. He really should encourage them to fix this mess as it makes his promises void and ultimately that is what people will remember - Shove ready jobs for the Chinese.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Sorry, this is happening in your State. Time to put some heat on the Governor and state legislators.
My bad for blaming the Prez. He really should encourage them to fix this mess as it makes his promises void and ultimately that is what people will remember - Shove ready jobs for the Chinese.

AHA!
You are now coming around
The fed should tell states how to conduct business when tax dollars are at work.

I fully agree with you. Welcome to the darkside

And no, this is not happening to my state...not yet anyhow. Ultimately when one state figures out how to screw its population, that tends to spread fast.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

TQ: Is President Obama responsible for Chinese companies building U.S. bridges with stimulus money, as reported by ABC News?

A: No. A viral email distorts an ABC News report. California officials hired a Chinese contractor and rejected federal money to avoid federal “Buy American” laws.ext

FactCheck.org

A read of the above clears up the distortion.

The latest on the bridge can be found here...Problems with the Bay Bridge demonstrate why "you always pay for a shortcut in the long run."

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
Obama believes everything is under his authority.

Nope. I don't believe you.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Looks like the state governments are is skirting the law with a loophole and giving jobs on American soil to the lowest bidder (the Chinese). They claim there are not enough welders.
What? They all died of starvation? Are the union wages are too pricey for the government? Looks that way. Nice to hear ABC Diane Sawyer tell it like it is.

abcnews.go.com...?ion=1206853&playlist=14594944

edit on 3/27/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: deleted blaming it on Obama

edit on 3/27/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add info

buy a hunting rifle w scope and get to work =D

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Don't beat yourself too much about it. I still managed to learn at least one new thing in this thread so it sure was not a waste. Thank you sad_eyed_lady for helping me learn a new thing here on ATS.

It has been a good day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join